What will happen to Litchi, Maven etc after US BAN?
2252 14 2020-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Hi,

US ban DJI and Lıtchi and similar third party applications using DJI SDK. What will happen for that?
2020-12-19
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

not much, they are not an American exclusive.
The whole world uses them
2020-12-19
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

Actually, i'm also curious about Apple Store. Apple may opt out DJI applications.
2020-12-19
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I highly doubt Apple will remove or not allow updates for software side applications no matter where they are owned or developed in the world so long as the apps do not violate the terms of service.  
2020-12-19
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

It is important to understand what the ban actually does.

It prohibits the sale of technology and products by US companies to DJI without a export license. Nothing more, nothing less. DJI can continue to sell their products in the US and elsewhere, and other companies can continue to develop products for use with DJI drones. Companies can even continue to sell technology and products to DJI provided they obtain an export license.
2020-12-19
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i think people are concerned with how the supply chain and the merchants and vendors and retailers will react.   even if people are referencing the ban, i think in reality they are asking about the unintended effect.

for example, the order does not prohibit best buy from selling dji drones to the public.  however, we don't know the ceo that well.  he may wake up tomorrow and say, "i don't like it, i don't feel good about it, remove the dji drones from the shelf."  people are just asking, i realize nobody can tell us for sure what anyone will do.

perhaps the ban is designed to scare people just as it did with the other chinese brands.  i am almost 100% sure the ban details will not change upon a change with the administration.
2020-12-19
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I would not be surprised if the next administration rescinds the ban. The Trump administration has been playing hardball trying to get more favorable trade agreements and reducing the trade deficit with China, whereas the Biden family has demonstrably worked to establish personal ties to Chinese companies and individuals close to the Chinese government.
2020-12-19
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

This doesn't even apply to Litchi as the developer is not even an American company.
VC Technology
71-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden
London WC2H 9JQ
2020-12-19
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

Pappy3 Posted at 12-19 21:44
This doesn't even apply to Litchi as the developer is not even an American company.
VC Technology
71-75 Shelton Street Covent Garden

It's not about Litchi, it's about Apple Store. DJI has absolutely been refused to use US technology and Apple Store definitely an US technology.
2020-12-20
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

KnNLmS Posted at 12-20 01:22
It's not about Litchi, it's about Apple Store. DJI has absolutely been refused to use US technology and Apple Store definitely an US technology.

If you use that kind of twisted argument, then you could also say that DJI can't sell their product in retail stores in the US as well. DJI being placed on the US "Entity List" will not affect US sales nor will this affect a third party ability to sell product/services based on DJI tech, such as Litchi, DroneLink, etc.
2020-12-20
Use props
MitchRSM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149534 ft
  • >>>
Italy

just read on mavicpilot.com that the DJI MFI program has been suspended due to the ban, this means that all apps can no longer be updated (including DJI Fly / go4 itself?)

source:
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... ll-dji-apps.106848/
2021-2-17
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
  • >>>
Turkey

MitchRSM Posted at 2-17 23:29
just read on mavicpilot.com that the DJI MFI program has been suspended due to the ban, this means that all apps can no longer be updated (including DJI Fly / go4 itself?)

source:

This really stops DJI on the market. Hard days...
2021-2-18
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Dji use secneo encryption, they can put everything in the app and nobody can checked if it's right, it's against the regolations.
2021-2-18
Use props
MitchRSM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149534 ft
  • >>>
Italy

dji_MODDER Posted at 2-18 01:09
Dji use secneo encryption, they can put everything in the app and nobody can checked if it's right, it's against the regolations.

this is will not stop Apple to not approve apps if they don't want (or can't approve for any regolatoins)
2021-2-18
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KnNLmS Posted at 2-18 00:33
This really stops DJI on the market. Hard days...

Odd because they recently updated the fly app in the IOS App Store.
2021-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules