4894 14 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Installed Latest DJI iOS apps on iPhone 6+ and iPad mini 2 and now App keeps saying [backcolor=rgba(88, 144, 255, 0.14902)]poor radio signal? Bars are great tested in outside open area and in location I've flown a bunch of other times. Any thoughts/suggestions. Online Support hasn't replied yet and little on the edge to take it outside and test test lol.
2015-6-30
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

What is the position of your antennas? Do not point your antennas at your Phantom - directly off the end is the weakest signal. Try to keep your antennas "broadside" to your Phantom.

If your Phantom is directly overhead, then your antennas need to be straight out, parallel to the ground. If you fly around a decent distance, you may find that once in a while you may have to re-position your antennas.

If that's not your problem, then my apology. It does appear to sometimes be the "culprit" though.
2015-7-1
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yeah its not an antenna pointing issue. Been using this for about 2 months same way. All this started after newest app update for me. On both iPhone and iPad
2015-7-1
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5611893 ft
  • >>>
United States

raiedzeidan@gma Posted at 2015-7-2 00:22
Yeah its not an antenna pointing issue. Been using this for about 2 months same way. All this starte ...

app version?  did this happen after the app upgrade?
2015-7-1
Use props
smillr58
lvl.1
Flight distance : 544580 ft
  • >>>
United States

My iPad mini 2 has fractured video/ ipad Air 2 does not... Also "poor radio signal".
2015-7-1
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

smillr58 Posted at 2015-7-2 05:51
My iPad mini 2 has fractured video/ ipad Air 2 does not... Also "poor radio signal".

Also my mini 3 has poor video but the air 2 does great. Happens on both my P3 and Inspire 1
2015-7-1
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Latest 1.2.0 App, iOS 8.4 and nope never did this on previous DJI Pilot App just started and just like people get the Gimbal Overload Error. Another bug with the app/FW and we have to wait forever for a fix.
2015-7-2
Use props
kevinr621
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36427 ft
United States

raiedzeidan@gma Posted at 2015-7-3 01:54
Latest 1.2.0 App, iOS 8.4 and nope never did this on previous DJI Pilot App just started and just li ...

Just sent mine back for same error... 1 week old, updated firmware to latest, and get error. Luckily my Store is willing to fix/replace! Highly recommend this 'Authorized DJI Distributor' from NY. I am located in Florida so no personal connection. Service is good and prompt!!
2015-7-2
Use props
Boogieman
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kevinr621 Posted at 2015-7-3 08:05
Just sent mine back for same error... 1 week old, updated firmware to latest, and get error. Lucki ...

Mind sharing the name of business?
2015-7-3
Use props
kevinr621
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36427 ft
United States

Boogieman Posted at 2015-7-4 08:59
Mind sharing the name of business?

Not at all - it is Camrise link below:

http://camrise.com/

2015-7-3
Use props
apeterson
New

United States

I just started having this problem with my Phantom 3 Professional.

1)  I never had the problem before.
2)  I updated to the new release, v1.4.0010.
3)  Now, with the receiver just a few feet away from the Phantom, the screen loses signal and the receiver displays, "Radio Channel Quality Poor, Strong interference, please be cautious in long distance flight."
4)  When viewing the screen, and moving the drone, the video becomes choppy due to the weak signal.  
5)  I flew the drone anyway, and there was no worsening NOR improvement in the video.
6)  I turned the Wifi off and there is no improvement.  I turn it back on, and still there is no improvement.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Thank you.
2015-9-17
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-23
Use props
aceves_alex
New

Mexico

Very disapointed with DJI, i spent ,my whole savings on a Phantom and i am having the same issues. It says Strong interference . Carefull with long distances. and quickly the the screen turns black and signal lost at 2 meters of high. i always fly it on open areas, i think it is the firmware. I have tried everything, i have run the firmware like 4 times, saw videos of tutorials like how to use the antenna, i use apps to see where are less radio interference to fly it, and customer service wont do anything for me. This problem is all over the web, i have seen tons of people having the same iisue and DJI  doesnt even update the firmware or doing anything to help!!
2016-6-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

aceves_alex@hot Posted at 2016-6-24 15:50
Very disapointed with DJI, i spent ,my whole savings on a Phantom and i am having the same issues. I ...

You are replying to a zombie thread, it is so old most of the people on it are no longer here.

If you want help with your issue, start your own thread and explain the issue there. and Give as much detail as you can, begibnning with which model aircraft you have.

And, firmware updates are not a magic potion, they do not necessarily fix an issue.

2016-6-23
Use props
Basetau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1471824 ft
Australia

I am having same issue with my new dji. 3 flights before the firmware updates ok. I was stupid to update the firmware and start poor signal issue. I put an networking monitoring software and found it it actually interfering within same dji wifi in the same frequency with channel 12. Guess what I am getting from DJI. Nothing but poor customer service. They told me I am under the warranty as I bought the product from online and my receipt does not includes GST, Australia. Don't know what to do.
2016-11-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules