RS2 + Raveneye = disappointed
2656 15 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tsanasahan
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

I have a big problem with rs2 and  Raveneye.

- All cables are connected well
- The raveneye lights up green
- Camera Display screen is ok

1. RS2 is connected

a.jpg b.jpg

2. Now I'm connecting with Raveneye.

c.jpg

"Disconnect gimbal"  WHY?

3. Reveneye connected

d.jpg e.jpg

WHY ??? weird

f.jpg

Camera Display screen is ok [ Sony A7 III ]

g.jpg

if I want to use other functions they are not available !!! "Gimbal not Connected"

h.jpg
i.jpg

I do everything according to the instructions. What is wrong?
I am very disappointed with this "Raveneye".

- Just problems with connection   
- Traffic tracking worked more smoothly on old Ronin
- Here are some jerks while tracking
- A lot of time was lost to make something work, and not everything works anyway. Time is money!

I'll wait a little bit longer, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

2020-12-20
Use props
F.A.D.
lvl.2
Germany

Make sure to disable Bluetooth on your device! This is important! Then connect to the Wifi of the Raveneye in the Systemsettings of your mobile device (not the Ronin-App). After that open the Ronin App and connect to the RS2/Raveneye.

I was confused by the disconnect etc. too. The thing is bluetooth will interfer with the Raveneye.

Best regards,

David
2020-12-21
Use props
Tsanasahan
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

F.A.D. Posted at 12-21 07:40
Make sure to disable Bluetooth on your device! This is important! Then connect to the Wifi of the Raveneye in the Systemsettings of your mobile device (not the Ronin-App). After that open the Ronin App and connect to the RS2/Raveneye.

I was confused by the disconnect etc. too. The thing is bluetooth will interfer with the Raveneye.

Thank you for your help, David. I did everything you told me to do.  But it did not help. Still not connected to Ronin.
2020-12-23
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

try remove sim card from your phone
2020-12-23
Use props
Tsanasahan
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

FVP Posted at 12-23 06:18
try remove sim card from your phone

I checked on two different smartphones with and without card. It didn't help anything
2020-12-24
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

There are different cables that attach to the camera to the RS2.  If you are using the wrong cables and your camera settings are incorrect, it won't work under certain conditions but in others, would, tricking you into thinking it's hooked up 100% correctly and the problem is elsewhere.  If I connect to the RSS Raveneye port instead of the other port, it doesn't show a feed even though the instructions say to.  You will pull hairs if you follow the directions 1:1 that are incorrect.  The idea is to try other combinations, don't worry, nothing would blow up.
2020-12-25
Use props
InterMurph
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

"- All cables are connected well"

I believe the "Gimbal not connected" error indicates that you have not properly connected the gimbal to the Raveneye unit.

This should be done with a cable between the bottom USB-C connector on the gimbal arm and the USB-C connector on the Raveneye that is _not_ on the same end as the HDMI connection.  The two connectors have the same indescribable icon.  See attached photo.

2020-12-25
Use props
MarkDL
lvl.4
Italy

InterMurph Posted at 12-25 19:34
"- All cables are connected well"

I believe the "Gimbal not connected" error indicates that you have not properly connected the gimbal to the Raveneye unit.

HI, Dear, try to use another cable to connect RSS Port of raveneye to bottom port of RS2.. the right one is the 20 cm. usb-c usb-c with one side is 90 degree and connect the 90 degree side to raveneye.
2020-12-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MarkDL Posted at 12-26 03:48
HI, Dear, try to use another cable to connect RSS Port of raveneye to bottom port of RS2.. the right one is the 20 cm. usb-c usb-c with one side is 90 degree and connect the 90 degree side to raveneye.

The 90-degree one is for the focus motor though any could work.
2020-12-26
Use props
MarkDL
lvl.4
Italy

AntDX316 Posted at 12-26 04:39
The 90-degree one is for the focus motor though any could work.

None look at the picture below
2020-12-26
Use props
MarkDL
lvl.4
Italy

I have read in the instruction of raveneye the cable you must use is this one and the 90 degree side are to connect to the raveneye.
2020-12-26
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MarkDL Posted at 12-26 07:19
I have read in the instruction of raveneye the cable you must use is this one and the 90 degree side are to connect to the raveneye.

It works perfectly fine if you don't.  The Focus motor USB-C would bend too much if you use the straight cable on it.
2020-12-26
Use props
Tsanasahan
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

MarkDL Posted at 2020-12-26 07:19
I have read in the instruction of raveneye the cable you must use is this one and the 90 degree side are to connect to the raveneye.

I'm connected with the correct cables. Cables are not a problem, that's different. I am returning it to the store.
2021-1-6
Use props
BeeS View
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

What camera do you use? I’m sure your cabling is wrong and as a result you get this gimbal not connected message.
2021-1-6
Use props
Tsanasahan
lvl.1
  • >>>
Poland

"Camera Display screen is ok [ Sony A7 III ]" Cable:
"7" USB C - USB C  200mm
"2" USB C - to Sony multi

2021-1-6
Use props
JonnyPink
New
United States

I have had problems with mine too and returning it as well. It starts tracking just  fine, then starts swinging side to side until it loses tracking. All updated, rebalance, recalibrate - same thing on four different cameras - 3 Canons, one Sony. Ah well
2023-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules