Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Advice please. Limited to 50M
19193 27 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans057f643f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54820 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
I have been flying my Mini 2 today. I have had no problems so far. Today I made a flight in open countryside no problems. Changed battery and made a flight. I got 50 and the drone stopped and said that i had reached my maximum distance. Same for height at 30m. I had 28 satelites connected and no other restrictions in place. I am in no flight restriction zones.
Turned drone on aand off, Controller on and off. Reset return to home point but still restricted to 50m. The only thing I can find in the manual is that it does this if GPS signal is weak.
According to the GoFly app I had good GPS signal from many satelites.
Am I missing something?

Help and advice appreciated.

Thanks
2020-12-20
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

Have you signed in with your DJI account? Do you have Payload enabled?
2020-12-20
Use props
fans057f643f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

TDZHDTV Posted at 12-20 08:00
Have you signed in with your DJI account? Do you have Payload enabled?

Yep, signed in and no payload activated.
2020-12-20
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

Any chance that you have set the limits yourself in the settings?
2020-12-20
Use props
fans057f643f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

djiuser_267jcyL97zif Posted at 12-20 09:42
Any chance that you have set the limits yourself in the settings?

Checked limits and they were set to default. 2000m
2020-12-20
Use props
fans057f643f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Someone has suggested that it may have been set on tutorial / beginner mode and I think this is the most likely explanation. I do remember accidentally activating the tutorial and thought I had cancelled it. Obviously not. There was no indication of this on the screen but it would explain what happened.
I feel better now I have an explanation. I'm a bit paranoid that the drone is going to stop working of limited by software with the current news of what's happening in the USA.
2020-12-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans057f643f Posted at 12-20 11:15
Someone has suggested that it may have been set on tutorial / beginner mode and I think this is the most likely explanation. I do remember accidentally activating the tutorial and thought I had cancelled it. Obviously not. There was no indication of this on the screen but it would explain what happened.
I feel better now I have an explanation. I'm a bit paranoid that the drone is going to stop working of limited by software with the current news of what's happening in the USA.

The only thing I can find in the manual is that it does this if GPS signal is weak.
See p40 in your manual.
No GPS can restrict your height, but not distance.

I'm a bit paranoid that the drone is going to stop working of limited by software with the current news of what's happening in the USA.

Ease up on the paranoia.
There's nothing currently happening in the USA that's going to stop your drone working.
2020-12-20
Use props
fans057f643f
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-20 11:51
The only thing I can find in the manual is that it does this if GPS signal is weak.
See p40 in your manual.
No GPS can restrict your height, but not distance.

Thanks,
Saw that in the manual. I've checked and the GPS signal was good with 27 satellites present. I updated and checked that the RTH point would update that usually means that the signal is good as the app will tell you if the signal is weak.
2020-12-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans057f643f Posted at 12-20 12:10
Thanks,
Saw that in the manual. I've checked and the GPS signal was good with 27 satellites present. I updated and checked that the RTH point would update that usually means that the signal is good as the app will tell you if the signal is weak.

GPS will always be good if you are flying outdoors with a clear skyview.
You have to fly indoors, in a deep canyon, under thick tree cover etc to block GPS signal.
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, fans057f643f. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 98.4 ft (30 m) and a range of 164 ft (50 m) when not connected or logged into the app during flight. This applies to DJI Fly and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. Please make sure that you're currently logged in to the DJI Fly by going to the Profile menu. If the problem continues even if you're currently logged in, we suggest to logout then re-login see if that resolves it.
2020-12-20
Use props
djiuser_Wjsumy6OpfzQ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3655289 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I had the same problem. After removing the app from my iPhone and then reinstalling it and logging in, problem was solved. Now the drone flies without the 30/50m restriction.
2021-1-24
Use props
kevinbkk123
lvl.2

Thailand

Has anyone found any resolution to this issue? Tried everything and still have the issue…

Brand new Mavic Air 2 and have the same issue. Cannot fly more than 50 meters (horizontal) and 30 meters (vertical). I get the same message ("Log in or go to real-name authentication") despite being logged in and having the drone linked to my account. What a bummer! Seems like this issue affects many based on all the various forum posts I've seen. I'm on latest firmware (remote, drone) using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.
2021-4-8
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

kevinbkk123 Posted at 4-8 01:35
Has anyone found any resolution to this issue? Tried everything and still have the issue…

Brand new Mavic Air 2 and have the same issue. Cannot fly more than 50 meters (horizontal) and 30 meters (vertical). I get the same message ("Log in or go to real-name authentication") despite being logged in and having the drone linked to my account. What a bummer! Seems like this issue affects many based on all the various forum posts I've seen. I'm on latest firmware (remote, drone) using an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

If you have removed the app completely from your mobile device and reloaded it and the problem persisits, can you borrow a different phone/tablet from a friend/relative and try again using their device.
2021-4-8
Use props
djiuser_k4e5h3FBParw
lvl.1

Canada

I've purchased my Mavic Air 2 around Christmas and I never had a single issue until this past month.  Using the smart controller, it forces me to login otherwise I'm restricted in flight.  As the smart controller only has wifi, I just use my cell phone as a hotspot...  Here's my problem though....  much of my flying is outside of cellular range.  So I don't understand what recently changed (update?), and what I can do if I'm out of cell range?  I had never seen this login message until about a month ago.
2021-6-19
Use props
French Fitteds
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4150 ft
Belgium

Hello all,
i have the same issue with my new Mini 2, limited 30m of height and 50m of distance.
I want to fly in a blue zone, in my garden they have no problem, I can fly at 60m of height. But when I go on the football area on the side of my house (approximately 150m) I'm limited to 50m and 30m of height.
Tried to unlock the zone, import and the certificat. Im' not in Tutorial mode, I  don't have the proppler guard and it's deactivate in the app, tried to uninstall the app too, I'm logged correctly with my DJI account inside the app. The distance and altitude are on 500m and 2000m and after a lot of test on the football area , it work only one time ! But I don't know how lol. After a landing and changing battery, blocked again at 50m...
When I'm at home it work. Don't understand why...
If you have a fix for that let me know because it's so weird... My Mini 2 have only 4 days, possible it have a fault ? I use an iPhone 12 and all is up to date (firmware, iOS, and app).

Thanks in advance.
2021-7-6
Use props
Pdrke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31450 ft
Belgium

I am having the same problem like a lot of people. What works for me:
Drone on
Set iphone to  airplane mode
Turn on Rc, start app.
When gps ok, take off, let it hover in front of you, turn airplane mode off.
Limit is gone.
When you change your battery, do the same but before turning on the drone  kill the gofly app on the phone.
2021-7-7
Use props
French Fitteds
lvl.1
Belgium

French Fitteds Posted at 7-6 12:59
Hello all,
i have the same issue with my new Mini 2, limited 30m of height and 50m of distance.
I want to fly in a blue zone, in my garden they have no problem, I can fly at 60m of height. But when I go on the football area on the side of my house (approximately 150m) I'm limited to 50m and 30m of height.

Find a fix today after some tests today !!
If this one can help :
I just today try again always lock at 50m/30m. I just turn off the wifi on my iPhone 12 and it work directly ! Now it work every time i Fly !
Maybe someone knows the reason for this? Certainly a conflict of band range or the wifi of thé iPhone parasite the band of the RC.

So happy to solve this one

Cheers.
2021-7-7
Use props
French Fitteds
lvl.1
Belgium

French Fitteds Posted at 7-6 12:59
Hello all,

Find a fix after some tests today !!
If this one can help :
I just today try and the drone was again always lock at 50m/30m. I just turn off the wifi on my iPhone 12 and it work directly ! Immediately i turn off the wifi the limit disappear and now it work every time i Fly !
Maybe someone knows the reason for this? Certainly a conflict of band range or the wifi of thé iPhone parasite the band of the RC.

So happy to solve this one

Cheers.
2021-7-7
Use props
djiuser_R6nUEM4yvD19
New
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-20 23:14
Hi, fans057f643f. Thanks for reaching out and we're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 98.4 ft (30 m) and a range of 164 ft (50 m) when not connected or logged into the app during flight. This applies to DJI Fly and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft. Please make sure that you're currently logged in to the DJI Fly by going to the Profile menu. [view_image]If the problem continues even if you're currently logged in, we suggest to logout then re-login see if that resolves it.

I plan on flying in an area with no cell or wifi service so that means I can not log in. How do I get around this problem?
2022-7-1
Use props
FabioV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Italy

djiuser_R6nUEM4yvD19 Posted at 7-1 03:47
I plan on flying in an area with no cell or wifi service so that means I can not log in. How do I get around this problem?

If you complete the logon into your profile before the flight, when connected to the internet, it should work. I usually switch into airplane mode when flying and I've not experienced any issue.
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_R6nUEM4yvD19
New
Canada

FabioV Posted at 7-1 04:00
If you complete the logon into your profile before the flight, when connected to the internet, it should work. I usually switch into airplane mode when flying and I've not experienced any issue.

Thanks but I expect to be off line in Labrador for weeks.
2022-7-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For me, providing I log into the app in the first place, I can then switch off wifi for months at a time without a problem, the phone I use has NO cell coverage. Just try to ensure nothing logs you out of the app, I have occasionally found myself logged out of the app but I do not know if that was a kink in the app or something I did unintentionally.
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_R6nUEM4yvD19
New
Canada

FabioV Posted at 7-1 04:00

2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_vuhri4JPyCfK
New
United States

djiuser_k4e5h3FBParw Posted at 2021-6-19 15:30
I've purchased my Mavic Air 2 around Christmas and I never had a single issue until this past month.  Using the smart controller, it forces me to login otherwise I'm restricted in flight.  As the smart controller only has wifi, I just use my cell phone as a hotspot...  Here's my problem though....  much of my flying is outside of cellular range.  So I don't understand what recently changed (update?), and what I can do if I'm out of cell range?  I had never seen this login message until about a month ago.

This happened to me last week in Canada, far outside cell range.  I could not log in, though I was being prompted to in order to lift the 30m restriction.
Did you get a solution?  I would hate to have this happen again next year.

Details:  I had 17 satellites, not in beginner mode, set to max distance and height.   My brother in law was next to me flying his mini 2 with no problems.
2022-8-15
Use props
Mobilehomer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Why log off?
2022-8-15
Use props
bill81
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_R6nUEM4yvD19 Posted at 2022-7-1 07:47

Hi mate -  similar issue here in Australia outside cellphone range. Did you ever solve this?
2023-10-23
Use props
bill81
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_vuhri4JPyCfK Posted at 2022-8-15 08:36
This happened to me last week in Canada, far outside cell range.  I could not log in, though I was being prompted to in order to lift the 30m restriction.
Did you get a solution?  I would hate to have this happen again next year.

Did you manage to solve this issue - not being able to log in due to being outside of cell range? Thanks
2023-10-23
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

bill81 Posted at 10-23 14:59
Did you manage to solve this issue - not being able to log in due to being outside of cell range? Thanks

Plenty of threads on this forced login bug...

Unless DJI release a firmware to fix this, there is no way out other than use a different brand of drone...

If at least, they would put it back to three months, as it was, you could get some use out of it, but as it stand, lots of places in the world have become "DJI drone free zone"... unfortunately those areas are also where the best video and photos do come from...

In a way it is quite funny that the reason to force people to log in it is also the reason for the drone not to been able to fly... Let's see how long it takes, for DJI to see the light on this one...
2023-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules