OM4 - Not able to find Video files after recording
2836 7 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nuskier
lvl.1
Canada

Good afternoon from Ottawa:

I have recently purchased an OM4. It was working up until yesterday just fine (I think). But... I now have an issue that when using it, it does not seem to record any video on my ASUS phone. Everything else seems to work (photos, timelapse), just not the videos.

I have search directly on the device and also using my laptop but cannot find any videos (MP$ or MOV) shot using MIMO/OM4. I reinstalled the app on my device, I have reset the save location for Videos back to internal memory and I have restarted the phone. I have also swapped out the Simm card. Still no OM4 videos.

The phone itself has no issues recording photos/video to either internal or external memory. Just does not want to do video using the OM4.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks in Advance,

Nuskier.
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Nuskier. I am sorry for the trouble the has caused you. Have you tried using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( ASUS phone brand ) that your are trying to use on your DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the said mobile device will be able to work on the DJI OM4 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimi application while using it on the DJI OM4. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI OM4 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... bility_List_en2.pdf ). Thank you.
2020-12-20
Use props
Nuskier
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the response, but telling me to use another device is not really an option for me right now. Everything on the device seems to be working, all of the buttons/interfaces and record functions work except for videos. I can see that it is will record timelapses as MP4, my SD card is fast enough so that is not the issue.

I was at a ski hill trying this device out, it was my backup. My DJI Pocket 2 was my primary device (it failed for another reason SD Card Error), so I had to hand hold and shoot the videos directly with my phone. Not a very good start for my first operational shoot.

Interested to know if anyone else has encountered a situation similar to mine, and potential if they were able to fix it.

Regards,

Nuskier
2020-12-21
Use props
Nuskier
lvl.1
Canada

Follow-up: I un/re-installed the app. Everything is working now. I must have declined some access to system resources when initiating the app. All functionality is now restored.
2020-12-22
Use props
Nuskier
lvl.1
Canada

Adding additional details:

Still can't record to the Micro SD but having no issues using on-board memory. I have run into the issue where I did a test of switching to Micro SD and was then not able to switch it back. Installed the upgrade (Jn 2021) and am now able to switch back and forth successfully, but still can't record to Micro SD. The workaround is to move files to Micros SD off of the Phone memory between shoots.

Capt Bob.
2021-1-17
Use props
djiuser_N9qU869Sv46h
New

United States

Hi. I have same issue. I have recorded video and can't find it. Let me know please hot to find the recorded video? I have dji om5 and Samsung s 21 +
2021-11-6
Use props
djiuser_e5xPhKNzyTnT
New

United States

Same. Anytime I record a video longer than a few minutes there is no files. Something has been recorded b/c the space on my phone has gone way down. It uses the battery, the phone is hot etc. Its working the whole time, it just doesn't save anything. Pretty damning issue for a device that is supposed to record memories.
2022-1-12
Use props
djiuser_zPfKyaAQGkSL
New

South Africa

i am having the same problem, all other features on the mimo app seem to be working fine. when i record a video it does not seem to record.  i have tried unistalling and reinstalling the app, but the problem persists. I have a Huawei P20 Lite phone.
2022-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules