SD Card Error
2511 3 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nuskier
lvl.1
Canada

Good afternoon:

Though I would ask a question about my Pocket 2 and error that I got when tring to film.

Background: newly purchased Pocket 2 and a 256GB Class 10, V3 U30 sd card.

I filmed to short videos using the Pocket 2 without issues (30-60 sec). No Issues.

I then tried to film a 30 minute segment of a Drvie from Ottawa to a local ski hill. It looks as if I got the last half of the drive but not the first half.

When I got to the hill, tried to shoot and encountered SD Card error. Changed cards to a smaller 64GB card and still had issues with "SD Card Error".

Ended up resetting the device (not reformating) when I got home and BINGO, it was working again.

Question:

Is there some issue with recording large files (25-30min)? I think I read somewhere that the app will break them down into 2GB files, maybe this is why I am missing the first half of my drive video?

Comments  / Suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

Nuskier
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Nuskier. Thank you for reaching out and for these information. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2020-12-20
Use props
Nuskier
lvl.1
Canada

Thanks for the clarification about file sizes, I filmed the trip home with my phone and its under 4GB so need to go back and see what the size of the file is for the trip up. Suspecting that if the file that I do have is greater than 2GB that the first half of the trip has recorded in an initial 4GB file that was lost and may have caused my card error.

Still wondering if anyone has encountered missing the first half of a recording and then encountered a SD Card Error directly after?

What is the correct way to fix it, reset the device?

Thanks in Advance,

Nuskier
2020-12-21
Use props
Nuskier
lvl.1
Canada

Just wanted to drop a quick note, seems that the issue has been resolved (at least for me) with the Jan 2021 Firmware upgrade.

Capt Bob from Nuskier
2021-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules