Compatible tablets
15671 22 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rpdmotor33
New
United States

Are there any tablets that are compatible with Mavic Air 2?  A cell phone just isn't bright enough to see with when I fly.
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, please refer to the DJI Fly app product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices: https://www.dji.com/dji-fly, to ensure stability and compatibility, it is recommended to try the mobile device on the list. Thanks.
2020-12-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 and it works great.  Brighter screen and much bigger and easier to see than my Galaxy S10+ phone screen.
2020-12-21
Use props
Digital303s
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56647 ft
United States

I use an IPad 6th generation.... works great
2020-12-21
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

After using my Air 2 for a few weeks I had the same issue with my iPhone 11 and iPad Air (3rd gen). I discovered via some YT drone folks the TriplTek tablet is brighter (ie higher nits)...

Here's a great review of it  =>

Hope this helps!
Robert
2020-12-21
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whatever tablet you do get, don't forget to get a tablet holder too! Definitely recommend the PgyTech version, you can get it from them directly or on Amazon...

https://www.pgytech.com/collecti ... pad-holder-standard
2020-12-21
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Samsung Galaxy Tab s3 works well. and as DJI mentions not on their OLD never changing compatibility list. With the larger screen you may consider a sun hood also.
Enjoy
2020-12-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

ASUS Zenpad Z8s. Bought used on eBay for  about $90. Perfect. Whatever mount you chose, make sure it is held firmly in the remote otherwise your table and mount may go for an unexpected trip very easily. I added a long screw and wing nut to mine to keep it in place.
2020-12-21
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-21 21:01
ASUS Zenpad Z8s. Bought used on eBay for  about $90. Perfect. Whatever mount you chose, make sure it is held firmly in the remote otherwise your table and mount may go for an unexpected trip very easily. I added a long screw and wing nut to mine to keep it in place.
[view_image]

Nice tablet holder mod. Gary
My tablet was a few pennies more but it was originally for other uses  and when I started flying drones  I added another use for it.  
2020-12-21
Use props
MelC
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-12-20 23:25
Hi there, please refer to the DJI Fly app product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices: https://www.dji.com/dji-fly, to ensure stability and compatibility, it is recommended to try the mobile device on the list. Thanks.

I'm looking for the same info but your link doesn't have that info, as far as I can tell.
Can you point me to a current list of compatible ANDROID tablets for MA2 and DJI Fly?
Thanks, Mel
2021-4-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MelC Posted at 4-1 15:32
I'm looking for the same info but your link doesn't have that info, as far as I can tell.
Can you point me to a current list of compatible ANDROID tablets for MA2 and DJI Fly?
Thanks, Mel

DJI has approved NO Android tablets and I suspect may never do so. I recommend finding someone who has successfully used one with the drone you have. Make sure you know the exact model number as many similar models may not work (like Samsung Tab A for example). Another example: My ASUS Zenpad Z8S works fine but a similar Zenpad Z8 will not
2021-4-1
Use props
MelC
lvl.3
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 4-1 18:50
DJI has approved NO Android tablets and I suspect may never do so. I recommend finding someone who has successfully used one with the drone you have. Make sure you know the exact model number as many similar models may not work (like Samsung Tab A for example). Another example: My ASUS Zenpad Z8S works fine but a similar Zenpad Z8 will not

Thanks for that information.
I don't remember ever seeing anyone say "DJI has approved NO Android tablets", but it appears to be that way, at least in practice.
Mel
2021-4-2
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i use the 2020 Samsung Tab A 8.4 on my Mini 2. works perfect
2021-4-3
Use props
SjK_oldman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73583045 ft
United States

Tripltek Pro
2021-4-4
Use props
fans1adbdd02
lvl.2
United States

TruGreen Posted at 4-3 07:37
i use the 2020 Samsung Tab A 8.4 on my Mini 2. works perfect

I use the  Samsung Tab A 10.1 T510 for my phantom which is the go app,  Fly will not install on it
2021-4-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans1adbdd02 Posted at 4-20 17:25
I use the  Samsung Tab A 10.1 T510 for my phantom which is the go app,  Fly will not install on it

Most tablets will not be able to install the app via the Play Store. If it can work, you can use the apk file to manually install it. I did that with my Samsung Tab A SM-T290 even though it will not fly the Mini 2 or MA2 and has no compass capability. Your device has a compass device but may not be fast enough. Only trial and error will tell you.
2021-4-20
Use props
LU3FEC
New
Argentina

Hi there, please refer to the DJI Fly app product page for information regarding compatibility with specific devices: https://www.dji.com/dji-fly, to ensure stability and compatibility, it is recommended to try the mobile device on the list. Thanks.

Some of the supported devices are not listed.
I use Samsung Galaxy A51 and it works perfect
2022-4-20
Use props
fredyt123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1780436 ft
United States

I did a similar post about 6 weeks ago.  I was looking for a basic, low budget model.  The trick was finding a unit which was Android 6 and above and could handle the DJI Fly App.  I settled on the Lenovo 10 Tab Plus and haven't looked back.  My screen size is about double.  Also, you will need to get a tab holder and longer USB C cable.  I found a great one on Amazon for about $25.  Good luck
2022-4-20
Use props
djiuser_LpAhc94oM9R1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369862 ft
United States

On some occasions I use my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE. I have not experienced any issue using this tablet with my Mavic Air 2.
2022-4-21
Use props
djiuser_aNFpjJBmY0nd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5156673 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I have been using the DJI FLY editing app. I like it a lot but I noticed that on my current Galaxy S22 Ultra the app crashes very frequently. So I had to go back to my old Galaxy S20 where it works just fine.
Now I would like to get a tablet. Could you please let me know what android tablets DJI recommends for this app?
Your response will be highly appreciated.
2022-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_aNFpjJBmY0nd Posted at 11-22 11:59
I have been using the DJI FLY editing app. I like it a lot but I noticed that on my current Galaxy S22 Ultra the app crashes very frequently. So I had to go back to my old Galaxy S20 where it works just fine.
Now I would like to get a tablet. Could you please let me know what android tablets DJI recommends for this app?
Your response will be highly appreciated.

Hi, there.
We are sorry for the late reply and the inconvenience caused.
May we know if you update your app to the latest version?
And please don't worry, most Android devices are currently compatible with the DJI FLY app, we recommend that you choose according to your needs or you can also test it in a retail store to see if it is the best choice for you.
If there is anything else that we can do, please feel free to let us know as well.
Thank you.
2022-11-23
Use props
djiuser_aNFpjJBmY0nd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5156673 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-23 17:29
Hi, there.
We are sorry for the late reply and the inconvenience caused.
May we know if you update your app to the latest version?

Thanks for this. On my Galaxy s22 ultra  I use the android version #12 and the latest djifly app (it updates automatically to the latest version.)
However when I edit a movie the app is crashing frequently.  Does not save the drafts, makes clips going black, and does not allow to save the movie. This things happen especially when the movie is longer than couple of minutes. I tried to reload the djifly app and the problems persist. As soon as I switch to S20 ultra, everything works ok. Can you tell me how i can resolve this issue?
2022-11-24
Use props
djiuser_9X3xaLT3y4SK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11713 ft
United States

Just got a Dragon max10 from Amazon for about 160 bucks and DJI Fly loaded and successfully flies my mini 2.  I will update if I run into issues in the future but so far, so good!!
2023-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules