5107 10 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a formal DJI approved checklist specific to the Air 2? Not a video YT checklist, but more like what the US FAA has which is still generic (attached below).

I'm working to get my part 107 commercial certificate and can create my own checklist, yet would like to know what DJI's official checklist is if any checklist is available. It would be great to see this for all the models that obviously are >249g weight limit.

Thanks!

Sample checklist from FAA...
Sample Preflight Inspection Checklist

Even if the small unmanned aircraft system (small UAS) manufacturer has a written preflight inspection procedure, it is recommended that the Remote PIC ensure that the following inspection items are incorporated into the preflight inspection procedure required by part 107 to help the Remote PIC determine that the small UAS is in a condition for safe operation.

Conduct a preflight visual or functional check of the aircraft, including (but not limited to) the steps below.
 Visually inspect the condition of the unmanned aircraft system components
 Inspect the airframe structure, including undercarriage, all flight control surfaces and linkages
 Inspect registration markings for proper display and legibility
 Inspect moveable control surface(s), including airframe attachment point(s)
 Inspect servo motor(s), including attachment point(s)
 Inspect the propulsion system, including powerplant(s), propeller(s), rotor(s), ducted fan(s), etc.
 Verify all systems (e.g. aircraft, control unit) have an adequate energy supply for the intended operation and are functioning properly
 Inspect the avionics, including control link transceiver, communication/navigation equipment and antenna(s)
 Calibrate UAS compass prior to any flight
 Inspect the control link transceiver, communication/navigation data link transceiver, and antenna(s)
 Check that the display panel, if used, is functioning properly
 Check ground support equipment, including takeoff and landing systems, for proper operation
 Check that control link correct functionality is established between the aircraft and the control station
 Check for correct movement of control surfaces using the control station
 Check on board navigation and communication data links
 Check flight termination system, if installed
 Check fuel for correct type and quantity
 Check battery levels for the aircraft and control station
 Check that any equipment, such as a camera, is securely attached
 Verify communication with UAS and that the UAS has acquired GPS location from at least 4 satellites
 Start the UAS propellers to inspect for any imbalance or irregular operation
 Verify all controller operation for heading and altitude
 If required by flight path walk through, verify any noted obstructions that may interfere with the UAS
 At a controlled low altitude, fly within range of any interference and recheck all controls and stability

2020-12-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I think the space shuttle had a shorter check list. The last one should say: Pack up and go home because it is dark now ;-)

And while we are at it, 4 sats wont get you anything

2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RobZilla. Thank you for reaching out and for creating and sharing this DJI Mavic Air 2 preflight checklist. Nicely done and fly safe always. .
2020-12-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GaryDoug Posted at 12-20 20:27
Wow, I think the space shuttle had a shorter check list. The last one should say: Pack up and go home because it is dark now ;-)

And while we are at it, 4 sats wont get you anything

and this one....."Check fuel for correct type and quantity"

do i use unlead or leaded fuel in my MA2 ?  cannot find in the manual...
Do you think DJI Stephen does know this answer.....
2020-12-21
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

This preflight checklist was posted in the Inspire forum. It looks to hit all of the high points. If a checklist is too long and cumbersome you're less likely to use it.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-144983-1-1.html
2020-12-21
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 12-21 03:08
This preflight checklist was posted in the Inspire forum. It looks to hit all of the high points. If a checklist is too long and cumbersome you're less likely to use it.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-144983-1-1.html

Thanks for the link! That checklist looks more easier to read and follow. I agree 100% on if its too long most likely will not use it which the FAA sample was.
2020-12-21
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-21 02:32
and this one....."Check fuel for correct type and quantity"

do i use unlead or leaded fuel in my MA2 ?  cannot find in the manual...

Lol - yea kind of made me laugh too, but there are some enterprise drones I've seen that do use actual fuel and not battery/electric powered. Again this sample list was generic and not all bullet points would necessarily apply to the Air 2.  
2020-12-21
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Thank goodness I  have a Fly zone to use a checklist on  my drones, all thought a little shorter.
2020-12-21
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

3Recon Posted at 12-21 12:11
Thank goodness I  have a Fly zone to use a checklist on  my drones, all thought a little shorter.

Is this an app, web site, other? Care to help and share to the community so we can all be better prepared.
2020-12-21
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Sorry just a statement, I visual with touch check my equipment (drone and controller)  prepare LZ , place drone on LZ do a visual over flight zone. I share with neighboring Red tails,  Check controller and start up and lift to approx. 6 ft., set preferred controller settings, maneuver all four other directions  for response of drone and then up up and away my beautiful drone. (a few words from the 5th Dimension)
2020-12-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

RobZilla Posted at 12-21 08:15
Lol - yea kind of made me laugh too, but there are some enterprise drones I've seen that do use actual fuel and not battery/electric powered. Again this sample list was generic and not all bullet points would necessarily apply to the Air 2.

glad i made you smile......

as the header of your thread is MA2 checklist i would thinh only MA2 related checks should be on the list.

cheers
JJB
2020-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules