Ronin RSC2 Joystick drifting
10659 12 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PioneerMedia
lvl.1
Philippines

It's frustrating, drifting of the joystick is horrendous and is messing up my shots. How do you autotune the joystick? The only autotune is for the motors, I've tried that method by clicking the trigger 4 times and moving the joystick around but it doesn't resolve this. Please fix this with an update, I'm not sure if this is a manafacturer defect or a software problem.
2020-12-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry for the unsatisfied product experience on the DJI RSC2. If the joystick is still drifting and cannot go back to the center, you can send it back to us for testing. Our repair center will help to check the joystick and help to find out the solutions for you.

Thanks
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_2bLeSPhmrbQH
New

France

Hi,

I have a problem with my ronin RSC2 . I  connected a wired PS4 matte to my phone and then on the ronin app I used the joystick control function. Everything worked perfectly until I stopped this mode. Since then, it has a joystisck error on the vertical axis. The autotune doesn't solve the problem.

Do you have any idea to solve it

If you need a movie to understand more the problem tell us in your anwer.

Best regards
2021-2-4
Use props
DanMcCurry
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-24 06:53
Hello there, we are sorry for the unsatisfied product experience on the DJI RSC2. If the joystick is still drifting and cannot go back to the center, you can send it back to us for testing. Our repair center will help to check the joystick and help to find out the solutions for you.

Thanks

I've got the same joystick problem but now I can't even balance the gimbal. I've emailed you and expected a prompt response on what to do but haven't had a reply yet. I have a job in two days and needed to use this gimbal.
2021-3-1
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

What do you mean by drifting? If you mean that the gimbal moves up/down even though you've got the joystick pointed directly left/right then that's a deadband issue. The joystick is very sensitive and can move with the slightest twitch up/down. So you need to expand the deadband so it's less sensitive to vertical movements.
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_3bNzadeJQulO
New

France

Bonjour,
je possède un stabilisateur Ronin RSC2 de chez Dji, Je suis très satisfait de la marque.
Mais sur mon Ronin à un problème Il n'est pas très vieux je l'ai eu à Noël (peux utilisé), Mon joystick n'est plus centrée Il tombe soit en bas à gauche soit en bas à droite ceux qui fait tourner ma nacelle, ceux qui gâche la plupart de mes plans.
Comment faire j'ai déjà envoyé un mail mais pas de réponse? Est-ce un problème courant?
2021-3-21
Use props
fans2bd66d9f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 559308 ft

Spain

I have the same problem....
2021-3-28
Use props
Eduqueen
lvl.2

Spain

eyecapture Posted at 3-2 12:12
What do you mean by drifting? If you mean that the gimbal moves up/down even though you've got the joystick pointed directly left/right then that's a deadband issue. The joystick is very sensitive and can move with the slightest twitch up/down. So you need to expand the deadband so it's less sensitive to vertical movements.

Good morning,
Where is it in the apk?

Thank you.

Best regards.
2021-4-15
Use props
Eduqueen
lvl.2

Spain

eyecapture Posted at 3-2 12:12

Good morning.
And how this is done?
Thanks.
2021-4-27
Use props
Pacinamac
lvl.1

Indonesia

How do we auto tune the joystick?

The four click method does nothing.

Why is it so hard to find an answer to this question?
2021-11-9
Use props
i-cob
New

Belgium

Same problem here. Joystick doesn´t jump back to middle postion properly. Makes my rsc2 almost useless. Camera movements get randomized...a new artform maybe ? Any news about how to calibrate the joystick ? Since it feels like a physical problem, I don´t think this is gonna solve it, but before I send it back, I want to try it. The 4 click method doesn´t work here either...
thanks for helping!
2021-11-11
Use props
fans48abce45
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4284826 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hello all, I have the same issue 2 months ago and I sent my RSC2 for after sale service, they repaired the joystick for free but the issue happened again at 2 weeks before. Since this is the peak season for my works and I can't send the gimbal to DJI again, I fixed it myself temporarily and hope that it can help you guys for the drifting problem.

First, use the Ronin app to check the joystick readings, if the joystick is centered all channels should be in 0 value, for mine the channel 3 (yaw axis) is holding at -76 when it's in neutral position, so that my gimbal always drift to the left side, and during the joystick is panning, it will disables the follow mode on tilt axis, and makes the gimbal unusable.

Go to the gimbal setting page, find the deadband at the yaw axis (or the axis that drifting), then set it to a higher value. For mine I set it to 50 which means I have to move the joystick to a higher angle, and then the joystick will start moving, so that it won't move if it's in a lower angle, and fixed the auto drifting problem.

If the deadband fix is not work, disable the drifting axis will do the same.

2021-12-15
Use props
David_61
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-24 06:53
Hello there, we are sorry for the unsatisfied product experience on the DJI RSC2. If the joystick is still drifting and cannot go back to the center, you can send it back to us for testing. Our repair center will help to check the joystick and help to find out the solutions for you.

Thanks

yes, same problem with my rsc. seems , it s a mechanical flaw with the yoystick of the gimbal, it doesn t  get back to center. did not have the problem with the older model ronin sc, but apparently dji saved on mechanical building and quality.
2022-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules