as of last night my P4 v2.0 lost link to controller
1109 13 2020-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

i have tried multiple phone devices as well as usb cable, none of them detect the radio to be that of phantom 4 pro v2.0..  when i force the app into the proper model, and go into menu/radio/link controller - nothing happens.... The radio never gets into relinking mode. The phantom is in linking mode i think - blinking yellow and red.
I did look at the drone in dji assistant 2 for phantom - found nothing wrong in the drone.
Any ideas? I did not open an official case yet - figured maybe i will get some ideas here first?

Thx!
2020-12-20
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Phantomski please take a look , maybe you miss some step :

2020-12-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Hi. yes, i tried that - Radio on and connected to tablet.
Press and hold c1/c2/rec(left) - i get beeeeeeep - beep beep,  then pressing any button on the controller's back or bottom would beep, but it does not go into pairing mode and does not continue beeping.
The screen shows that it does not know the controller.. i can not confirm this location before, but would it not say what model it is? I have tried many usb cables...
Screenshot_20201221-204605.jpg
2020-12-21
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Take a look at this video :

2020-12-21
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

If you can not connect the controller to drone you will need to do a MANUAL sync which is easy.

Step 1 turn on controller, tablet, and drone
Step 2 get to the camera view on app even if it says disconnected
Step 3 go to the three dots in top right hand corner, go to controller icon and select rc sync.
Step 4 when u hear beeps press the Amber light in between SD card and usb connector for drone.
Step 5 should be synced

2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Phantomski. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We suggest resetting first the remote by pressing and holding the C1, C2, and shutter button at the same time. While holding those three buttons, power off and then power on the remote controller. After that link the aircraft to test it.
2020-12-21
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

he did it already .....   3#
2020-12-22
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Yes, i did it already..

Can someone with phantom 4 pro v2 confirm that if i connect the radio to a tablet and have it on (drone off), should long click on hamburger menu, have the radios hardware info or N/A as in my case? I wonder if the USB on the radio went bye-bye....? It still charges the phone, but i cannot confirm if data is flowing....

Also, can i do anything with the 2nd usb port on the radio? any additional troubleshooting?  I am on android, various devices, usb debugging is on...

GT
2020-12-22
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-21 23:36
Hi, Phantomski. Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. We suggest resetting first the remote by pressing and holding the C1, C2, and shutter button at the same time. While holding those three buttons, power off and then power on the remote controller. After that link the aircraft to test it.

Doing those steps results in one long and 2 short beeps - is that what is expected? - and I've done it many times...  while powering radio on with those buttons pressed, as well as on radio that's already on....  Are there any additional key combos on the radio i can try?
I also see some videos here for phantom 4, as well as older ones -  this is P4 pro v2, different radio i believe....

And in the app - going to "link controller" and then clicking "ok" does nothing to the controller.. it never goes into pairing mode.

GT
2020-12-22
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Phantomski Posted at 12-22 09:07
Doing those steps results in one long and 2 short beeps - is that what is expected? - and I've done it many times...  while powering radio on with those buttons pressed, as well as on radio that's already on....  Are there any additional key combos on the radio i can try?
I also see some videos here for phantom 4, as well as older ones -  this is P4 pro v2, different radio i believe....

too many problems with these devices, if you are under warranty, I would not hesitate to use it
2020-12-22
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

No warranty... I fear the usb port went bad... Any suggestion? What should be the initial damage to have DJI look at it and estimate?
2020-12-24
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

I am a bit disappointed that DJI does not seem to have a good procedure to see if the issue is the usb connection or something else on the radio....
I have also not heard what the 2nd (mini) usb port on the radio is, or if there's anything i can do by hooking the radio to a pc...
I also would think there are other keystroke combos to test various controller functions.... I did have 3 drones from you guys, I'd think u would try to help a bit more...
I would appreciate any additional ideas, but i am rather frustrated
Throw me a bone here, pls? (or few, so i can try few things?) I HAVE tried everything above.. number of times....

2020-12-25
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Hey, DJI people.. what is the part number for the usb module board for p4p v2.0? I am told it's not the same part as for p4p, but depending on the price - if i could buy that part and see if that fixes the issue, that would be a quick and easy try, before sending the radio over. Thoughts? I do not even know the proper part number and do not see it on your page. Internet is full of parts, but i am cautious to get one without knowing the right part #.
GregT
2021-1-14
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

ok, got it foxed..  sent to dji, they priced it out to $135, but fixed it as a warranty! They replaced the mainboard. I was impressed.
Seems to be all happy - although the software still did not want to go into pairing, but eventually the 3 key trick got the radio into pairing mode.
I certainly, once again, had a good experience with actual dji service. Not troubleshooting and remote support - but certaily once i shipped it.
GT
2021-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules