DJI’s FPV drone combo to be $1500, according to post

https://dronedj.com/2020/12/20/d ... -according-to-post/

2020-12-21
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

The only new "info" is the price, but it is a dubious source simply mirroring privious conjecture put out there by others.

Guess we'll all just have to wait.  I'll be broke by the time it comes out, anyways.

2020-12-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

93mph would make for insane parallax shots.

The controller looks more like FrSky.  A design that seems to work for DIY Quads.  I would be scared to crash it so the people who get it first will have to let us know where the stress limits are.

If they are going to release, at least they need to have some sort of turn-lock system for the goggle battery port so that doesn't just come off during flight when under hard manuevering like being upside down inside a building  Also should have the ability option to right itself and hover at an instant.
2020-12-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ouch.
That is a bit too much!
2020-12-21
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

The question is that really a V2 googles as it looks like just the V1, even the fcc documents doesn't show any changes. If V1 then I hope they come out with standalone TX+drone combo only, might consider if price is reasonable by DJI standards.

I am not a fan of the controller tho looks small, tho I fly with tango 2
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this information. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 12-21 12:03
93mph would make for insane parallax shots.

The controller looks more like FrSky.  A design that seems to work for DIY Quads.  I would be scared to crash it so the people who get it first will have to let us know where the stress limits are.

93mph would make it illegal to fly anywhere public in Europe in less than 30days.
2020-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-21 12:50
Ouch.
That is a bit too much!

Too much for me thats for sure.
2020-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mc54 Posted at 12-21 11:36
The only new "info" is the price, but it is a dubious source simply mirroring privious conjecture put out there by others.

Guess we'll all just have to wait.  I'll be broke by the time it comes out, anyways.

Too much for me to spend,  and as it doesn't appear to be EU legislation friendly that would be a put off too.
2020-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 12-22 00:33
Too much for me thats for sure.

I'd rather invest in a Macbook Pro
2020-12-22
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-22 00:32
93mph would make it illegal to fly anywhere public in Europe in less than 30days.

Just because a drone CAN go 93mph shouldn't make it illegal.  My car can drive over 100mph, which is always above the speed limit, yet I can still buy a car like this.  Right?
2020-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mc54 Posted at 12-22 07:35
Just because a drone CAN go 93mph shouldn't make it illegal.  My car can drive over 100mph, which is always above the speed limit, yet I can still buy a car like this.  Right?

The EU are bringing in new rules which include impact force so this would be way over the top at 93mph.  And in the EU most cars are speed limited to some degree,  my sporty car is limited to 170mph even though it could go faster, not that I want to use it.
2020-12-22
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

It just irritates me that (in the US at least), people are more worried about drones (that have killed 0 people) than guns or cars (which kill thousands annually).  People can have their guns, I dont care, but leave my drones alone!  
2020-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mc54 Posted at 12-22 09:14
It just irritates me that (in the US at least), people are more worried about drones (that have killed 0 people) than guns or cars (which kill thousands annually).  People can have their guns, I dont care, but leave my drones alone!

Im totally with you on that.
2020-12-22
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Looks really expensive in a crash . As we all know, DJI's customer service and support is basically non-existent, so without a ready source for inexpensive parts.... you might want to think this one over pretty carefully before dropping the cash..   But if you think about it, $1500 isn't an outlandish cost for what it looks like you're getting. The FPV system by itself is, what, $950. And if you were to DIY a racing or freestyle 5" aircraft from parts for it, by the time it all adds up, you'd be around $1500.  

What would be cool, though, is if this had multi-mode support like what was in the old DJI consumer controllers like the Naza, etc. Eg. full GPS mode, atti mode and full manual mode. I flew Naza's on my old DJI hexacopters and in GPS mode, they behaved just like any other DJI aircraft. But in manual mode, you had full control with all the auto-pilot facilities turned off, and just gyros on the 3 axes and nothing else.

So that could be interesting if it's like that. You could fly it in GPS mode just to get used to it, then try atti mode and then onto full manual later as you got better.

I guess we'll see soon enough, when it comes out.
2020-12-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

luciens Posted at 12-29 07:07
Looks really expensive in a crash . As we all know, DJI's customer service and support is basically non-existent, so without a ready source for inexpensive parts.... you might want to think this one over pretty carefully before dropping the cash..   But if you think about it, $1500 isn't an outlandish cost for what it looks like you're getting. The FPV system by itself is, what, $950. And if you were to DIY a racing or freestyle 5" aircraft from parts for it, by the time it all adds up, you'd be around $1500.  

What would be cool, though, is if this had multi-mode support like what was in the old DJI consumer controllers like the Naza, etc. Eg. full GPS mode, atti mode and full manual mode. I flew Naza's on my old DJI hexacopters and in GPS mode, they behaved just like any other DJI aircraft. But in manual mode, you had full control with all the auto-pilot facilities turned off, and just gyros on the 3 axes and nothing else.

We should know in a couple weeks or less.
2020-12-30
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-30 01:16
We should know in a couple weeks or less.

If the FOV is increased in the 2.0 version of the digital system, I might think about it. Otherwise, I'll just try not to crash my old Mavic Pro lol.

2020-12-31
Use props
freehotdawgs
lvl.2

United States

It's a really cool concept but is inherently flawed. I would never fly an fpv drone that I can't easily repair myself. I don't want an FPV quad that can't survive a crash.
2021-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

freehotdawgs Posted at 1-3 17:19
It's a really cool concept but is inherently flawed. I would never fly an fpv drone that I can't easily repair myself. I don't want an FPV quad that can't survive a crash.

I totally agree with you.
2021-1-4
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like this sites already taking 'PRE-ORDERS' on the DJI FPV Goggles VS2.  Though, no SPECS given on how they'll be any different from the VS1 Goggles.  So, I would NOT order until we know more about them.  Just an fyi....

2021-1-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

But no sign of the drone yet then?
2021-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now