Phone Holder compatability?
3776 4 2020-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Squidy666
lvl.2
Australia

Hi all, I just picked up the RS2 and was looking forward to using the phone holder. I've noticed however that whenever the roll arm moves it will hit the phone which is a concern.

Is there a compatability list for this anywhere? I've got the iPhone 11 Pro Max and thinking it may just be meant for smaller phones?
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, currently we don't have the compatibility list for the DJI R phone holder as we are receiving numerous smartphone compatibility requests. If your smartphone works well with the Ronin app and the ActiveTrack 3.0, it should be ok to use with the RS2. And we also recommend to remove the phone case when mounting with the phone holder on the gimbal.

Thanks
2020-12-22
Use props
Squidy666
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-22 07:23
Hello, currently we don't have the compatibility list for the DJI R phone holder as we are receiving numerous smartphone compatibility requests. If your smartphone works well with the Ronin app and the ActiveTrack 3.0, it should be ok to use with the RS2. And we also recommend to remove the phone case when mounting with the phone holder on the gimbal.

Thanks

Hi DJI Wanda,

Thanks for your response

I’ve removed the phone case but the roll axis still hits the phone when it’s mounted. Is there any way around this? I’ve also seen in other reviews on YouTube others having the same issue so glad I’m a way it isn’t just me

My phone is the iPhone 11 Pro Max so slightly larger in size, but it looks like even smaller phones would have the same issue but I don’t have one to test with unfortunately
2020-12-22
Use props
thk
lvl.1
Germany

Squidy666 Posted at 12-22 07:43
Hi DJI Wanda,

Thanks for your response  

Hi,

I‘ve got the iPhone Pro 11 and if mounted centered, the roll arm also hits the phone.
Having the phone holder mounted to the left I moved the phone also to the far left, the right
side of the phone is aligned with the phone holder. With my camera mounted and balanced the roll arm did not hit the phone any longer. Maybe you can give this a try.

Regards,
thk.
2020-12-22
Use props
Squidy666
lvl.2
Australia

thk Posted at 12-22 09:30
Hi,

I‘ve got the iPhone Pro 11 and if mounted centered, the roll arm also hits the phone.

Thank you, that seems to work, but it seems a little too far to the side for me but it will do for now
2020-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules