Controlling Camera focus via Raveneye on the RS2 missing!?
5039 14 2020-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
F.A.D.
lvl.2
Germany

Hello fellow community,

is there a way to controll the camera focus wirelessly when connectected via Raveneye?

I'm using a Canon R6. You obviously can controll focus via the frontdial of the RS2 when mapped to focus. I can also controll ISO / shutter / Aperture when using liveview on the Roninapp via Raveneye but there is no controll for focus!?

When I connect the external focus-motor to the RS2 there is a submenue to controll the external focus motor but not in liveview!?

Is it that a possible intention from DJI to limit the controll of the camera wirelessly to sell the extension kit?

I have updated everything to its latest firmware!

Best regards,

David
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi David, thank you for your suggestion on the RavenEye. We will help to check your request with our engineers and keep you updated.

Thanks,
2020-12-22
Use props
julian_rsc2
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-22 07:09
Hi David, thank you for your suggestion on the RavenEye. We will help to check your request with our engineers and keep you updated.

Thanks,

I would also need this feature (in RSC 2) - I don't know how to use much of the RavenEye functionality otherwise.
2020-12-29
Use props
lvl.2
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-22 07:09
Hi David, thank you for your suggestion on the RavenEye. We will help to check your request with our engineers and keep you updated.

Thanks,

Hi Wanda. Any updates on this? I just got my rs2 and will mound it on a car. Is it posssible to remote the focus via live view soon?
2021-1-5
Use props
DirkV71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 472238 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I need this also for RSC2!
2021-1-6
Use props
F.A.D.
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-22 07:09
Hi David, thank you for your suggestion on the RavenEye. We will help to check your request with our engineers and keep you updated.

Thanks,

Hi Wanda,

any updates on this issue?

Best regards,

David
2021-2-2
Use props
SoerenM
lvl.1
Germany

F.A.D. Posted at 2-2 04:47
Hi Wanda,

any updates on this issue?

Did you update the firmware? Since the most recent update with the most current Ronin app this finally works, yay
2021-2-2
Use props
F.A.D.
lvl.2
Germany

SoerenM Posted at 2-2 05:44
Did you update the firmware? Since the most recent update with the most current Ronin app this finally works, yay

I updated to the latest firmware of the Raveneye and Ronin and there is NO function to to control the focus...!? Or do you mean the external focus motor?

Would you mind to share a screenshot of your Phone? I would like to see how this control looks like.

I just have the aperture, shutter time and Iso controls on the bottom of the screen.

Best regards,

David
2021-2-2
Use props
F.A.D.
lvl.2
Germany

F.A.D. Posted at 2-2 06:24
I updated to the latest firmware of the Raveneye and Ronin and there is NO function to to control the focus...!? Or do you mean the external focus motor?

Would you mind to share a screenshot of your Phone? I would like to see how this control looks like.

This is all I get right now.
2021-2-2
Use props
SoerenM
lvl.1
Germany

F.A.D. Posted at 2-2 06:24

Ah yeah I meant the DJI focus motor. I'm not attempting to control the focus-by-wire of my lens, not really suitable for follow focus imho. But that is also not working for you? My DJI Ronin App is on v1.4.6
2021-2-2
Use props
F.A.D.
lvl.2
Germany

Where is the control for the focus motor in liveview? My screen looks still the same as the one above... there is no control for the focus motor!

I would really appreciate to give me a hint ;-) Thanks!

I would just need the by wire adjustment adding the motor etc. is an unecessary step even when they already implemented the focus by wire function into the Ronin.
2021-2-2
Use props
F.A.D.
lvl.2
Germany

There is just the option deep in the menu that was already there when I started this thread.

Not having it in liveview is utterly senseless DJI!!!
2021-2-2
Use props
Indio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 281&pid=2410257
2021-2-2
Use props
SoerenM
lvl.1
Germany

F.A.D. Posted at 2-2 11:03
Where is the control for the focus motor in liveview? My screen looks still the same as the one above... there is no control for the focus motor!

I would really appreciate to give me a hint ;-) Thanks!

Yeah see the post Indio linked to on how to enable the focus control in the last update (was enabled for me by default though) .. this is how it looks like then - with a focus "wheel" overlay on the right hand side of the liveview:

2021-2-3
Use props
F.A.D.
lvl.2
Germany

Thank you very much for your answer!

After some long testing I found out that it just shows on an iPad! It it not possible to get this on my iPhone 6 (I even reinstalled the Ronin App).
2021-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules