How do I do a factory reset
15038 6 2020-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I am giving my Osmo Pocket as a Christmas gift.  (I bought Pocket 2).  How do I restore it to factory settings, so he can set up his own account and activate the Osmo Pocket?
2020-12-21
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Turn on the device.
Then on the touch screen swipe down to open the Menu.
Now tap the Settings icon.
Once you're in Settings scroll down to the bottom and tap the Factory Reset.
When prompted tap the "Reset" to reset your device.

The new owner will have to setup their own DJI account and then it will register the Pocket to their email address.
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bill in Ohio. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I will post a DJI tutorial video on how to Reset your DJI Osmo Pocket System's Parameters. I hope this can help you as well. Happy Holidays ot you and to your family.

2020-12-21
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your response and the dji video tutorial.  

What I want to do is give this to my nephew (via his parents).  So they will need an ACTUAL factory reset.  One that would be like trading in or giving away a tablet or phone.  So they can use their own email and password.  I have done this sort of factory reset and giving it to them, with instructions on how to set up a dji account.  Hopefully this will let them get updates etc.  Again thanks.
2020-12-22
Use props
fans4a385fd9
lvl.1
United States

Cavu Films Posted at 2020-12-21 08:54
Turn on the device.
Then on the touch screen swipe down to open the Menu.
Now tap the Settings icon.

Hello.  Thanks for your guidance on these issues.  I'm having issues with the Pocket 2 Do it All Handle (no audio input; speaker not functioning).  I see there's a factor reset for Pocket but is there one for Pocket 2?  The only reset I've found is System Parameters, which won't work.  I'm hoping to restart from a blank slate and reinstall Pocket 2 Firmware.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks, Dan
2021-3-21
Use props
djiuser_Nf2uVvD7AZaV
New

India

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2020-12-22 06:36
Thanks for your response and the dji video tutorial.  

What I want to do is give this to my nephew (via his parents).  So they will need an ACTUAL factory reset.  One that would be like trading in or giving away a tablet or phone.  So they can use their own email and password.  I have done this sort of factory reset and giving it to them, with instructions on how to set up a dji account.  Hopefully this will let them get updates etc.  Again thanks.

Hi ! Could you please share how you performed the factory reset?
2021-10-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Yes please share,   the  prefrence reset is guessing the full reset.
2021-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules