United Kingdom

Had to steal a few minutes between rain showers

2020-12-21
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Not the best contrast.....you have almost the same colour like the road ...... that's quite difficult for litchi.... I noticed that the tracking can be quite helpful on fix object's,  also works much better..... otherwise if you have the remote close to you, I would change to follow mode (which I think works really good)
Thanks for sharing,  keep litching!
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ingo Sundowner. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this video you have created. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Fly application ) when flying your DJI Mavic Mini to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of your DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you and safe flying always.
2020-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Do you think Litchi is worth it?
2020-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2020-12-22
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-22 00:57
Do you think Litchi is worth it?

No question whatsever. Would now buy it for double the price!!
2020-12-22
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

AT is mostly poor, follow is always better, especially that you also have the option to adjust so that the object can be seen better in the middle by changing the parameters "object height" and "object offset". The flight path is also much softer and not as choppy as with AT/orbit.

DJI Mods: why is DJI bringing out an SDK if you shouldn't fly with a 3rd party app?
2020-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 12-22 01:00
No question whatsever. Would now buy it for double the price!!

Id like to use it for flight missions, but I dont know how repeatable it will be.
2020-12-22
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-22 01:08
Id like to use it for flight missions, but I dont know how repeatable it will be.

Thus one I can't help you with as waypoints aren't working ...... YET !!!
2020-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 12-22 01:11
Thus one I can't help you with as waypoints aren't working ...... YET !!!

When I get some time, and were not in Tier 4 I'll give it a try.
2020-12-22
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jonny007 Posted at 12-22 01:08
AT is mostly poor, follow is always better, especially that you also have the option to adjust so that the object can be seen better in the middle by changing the parameters "object height" and "object offset". The flight path is also much softer and not as choppy as with AT/orbit.

DJI Mods: why is DJI bringing out an SDK if you shouldn't fly with a 3rd party app?

Too right jonny007. I too prefer follow me. I'm only practising as i intend to make videos of our Motorhome travels and follow me definitely fits the bill.
When it comes to DJIwhoever i just tend to ignore them as i dont really like talking to robots
2020-12-22
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-22 01:13
When I get some time, and were not in Tier 4 I'll give it a try.

I'll be the first to watch the result !!! Unless of course I've gone totally insane with all these bulls××it lockdowns and tiers
2020-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 12-22 01:19
I'll be the first to watch the result !!! Unless of course I've gone totally insane with all these bulls××it lockdowns and tiers

I just wish people would respect the lockdowns,  Im near Basildon which was the worst part of the UK a few days ago and the people round here are just ignoring it completely and its no wonder its climbing so much.
2020-12-22
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-22 01:32
I just wish people would respect the lockdowns,  Im near Basildon which was the worst part of the UK a few days ago and the people round here are just ignoring it completely and its no wonder its climbing so much.

I hear you DAFlys, but, with a mortality rate of well under 1% i begin to wonder if the "cure" isn't worse than the disease? With 4.4 million cancelled cancer appointments, should only one percent die, we'd have as many dead as with the virus. How many more of these totally useless lockdowns do we need?
2020-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 12-22 01:47
I hear you DAFlys, but, with a mortality rate of well under 1% i begin to wonder if the "cure" isn't worse than the disease? With 4.4 million cancelled cancer appointments, should only one percent die, we'd have as many dead as with the virus. How many more of these totally useless lockdowns do we need?

25% of the people that are getting the disease are having long term side effects so its not just about the deaths.  
2020-12-22
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 12-22 01:15
Too right jonny007. I too prefer follow me. I'm only practising as i intend to make videos of our Motorhome travels and follow me definitely fits the bill.
When it comes to DJIwhoever i just tend to ignore them as i dont really like talking to robots

Have you ever tried what happens, if you lose signal during follow mode ?
And how precise it is when altitude reference is set to "Mobile device elevation" ? The Litchi help says : the aircraft will fly at the altitude set relative to the mobile device elevation which means it will continuously adjust its altitude as the subject moves up or down in altitude (for example if the subject moves up a hill). I don't have any suitable elevations nearby to test that.
2020-12-22
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-21 20:32
Hello there Ingo Sundowner. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this video you have created. Just a reminder to please use the recommended DJI application ( DJI Fly application ) when flying your DJI Mavic Mini to ensure stability and comparability during flight and 3rd party applications like Litchi can void the warranty of your DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you and safe flying always.

Hello Stephen,
regarding the possible void of warranty, can you please be a bit more specific?

I can agree, that during the use of a 3rd party app, unwanted fly behaviour cannot be blamed to DJI,
But a hardware-defect, which could be treated as a warranty case, cannot be rejected! correct?
Same with DJI Care refresh: there is no difference, whether I make a mistake and fly due to my fault against a wall, while using DJI Fly or a 3rd party app.

Thanks for your clarification.
BR Uwe
2020-12-23
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

UweE Posted at 2020-12-23 04:28
Hello Stephen,
regarding the possible void of warranty, can you please be a bit more specific?

Dear Stephen!
I am still without a clear statement/answer from you/DJI about the warranty implication when using 3rd party apps.
Thanks for your reply!

BR Uwe
2021-1-5
Use props
unpluggeduk
lvl.2

United Kingdom

UweE Posted at 1-5 07:05
Dear Stephen!
I am still without a clear statement/answer from you/DJI about the warranty implication when using 3rd party apps.
Thanks for your reply!

DJIs standard bot response as normal completely ignores the fact that you can't do this with the official fly app I bet everyone would love to do GPS Follow, Orbits, Panoromas and Focus with the DJI fly app and they clearly don't know why we use other apps ;)

Sadly as far as warranty goes then unless you could reasonably argue the fault couldn't be down to the TPA and is reproduceable in fly (or a known issue) then the general consensus seems to be to assume there is is no warranty when flying using TPA. The trouble is DJI can't rearlly argue a blanket 'no' as you can fly with no app and they provide the SDK so someone with deep enough pockets to fight it legally may get a result.

I suspect it's a rather grey area they would rather pretend doesen't exist and any claim would be on a case by case basis and that's why they give no official response ;) the sad fact is that Litchi provides no logs (that I have seen) and even if they did it's likely DJI would entertain them unless they were identicle to their own and would most likely try wherever possible to use the fact you have no logs or admitted to using TPA to avoid taking the claim

2021-1-5
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2020-12-22 01:32

It is because you have a wimp of a PM who is too scared to introduce tough laws to keep people from spreading the virus.
2021-1-5
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

unpluggeduk Posted at 1-5 16:08
DJIs standard bot response as normal completely ignores the fact that you can't do this with the official fly app  I bet everyone would love to do GPS Follow, Orbits, Panoromas and Focus with the DJI fly app and they clearly don't know why we use other apps ;)

Sadly as far as warranty goes then unless you could reasonably argue the fault couldn't be down to the TPA and is reproduceable in fly (or a known issue) then the general consensus seems to be to assume there is is no warranty when flying using TPA. The trouble is DJI can't rearlly argue a blanket 'no' as you can fly with no app and they provide the SDK so someone with deep enough pockets to fight it legally may get a result.

The flight logs of a Litchi flight can be synched with Airdata!
2021-1-5
Use props
Alevpi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

Litchi has long been version 4.19.0 with Air 2 support!
2021-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 1-5 16:31
It is because you have a wimp of a PM who is too scared to introduce tough laws to keep people from spreading the virus.

We have laws that are being enforced to fine people for parties (£10'000) and for being out without a reasonable excuse.   But what are they going to do,  knock on every door in every street and check?   
2021-1-6
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

With more and more people having to deal with MH issues, the suicide rate increasing, 44 million cancer appointments cancelled. Just imagine only 1% of those dying??
Had enough lockdowns, tiers etc to figure out that they don't work.
2021-1-6
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 1-6 01:26
With more and more people having to deal with MH issues, the suicide rate increasing, 44 million cancer appointments cancelled. Just imagine only 1% of those dying??
Had enough lockdowns, tiers etc to figure out that they don't work.

They don’t appear to work because they rely on people following the rules. To many people think they know better and that’s what’s prolonging the whole thing.
2021-1-6
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
United Kingdom

vortex19 Posted at 1-6 02:08
They don’t appear to work because they rely on people following the rules. To many people think they know better and that’s what’s prolonging the whole thing.

With a survival rate of 99.5% im not really bothered.
Live in the UK for 36 years and can't remember one year where the NHS wasn't "overwhelmed" every winter.
I'm 67 this month and smoked since i was eight. Should i get the virus its probably curtains for me. BUT, old people die just the way nature intended. What i object to most is the absolute fear being spread in order to achieve control. BJ can now rule by decree, cutting out democracy.
Just my 2 pence worth you do as you want.
2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules