Mini 2 drifting and unstable leveling (fly up and down)
1813 2 2020-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

This subject was already presented before by other fellow pilots.
The last one was Hassan Kazamel https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D766%26typeid%3D766

First of all let me stress that I find the Mini 2 an exceptional flying machine and the best ever drone made until today with this small weigth and advanced embeded technology.
However, what I have experienced is that the Mini 2 drifts a little bit and does not make a stationary flight as the Mini 1 does. This happens even when you are not using the controls.
If you ask me if is that a huge problem I would say no, but it is strange that the video is not stable even when the wind is not very strong.
Sometimes the Mini 2 it is leveled, drops altitude or gains altitude, and only after pressing the controls he goes back to the position in which it was supposed to be.I am also aware of the heigth hoovering precision 1,5 meters, but that is the same as the Mini 1.
If someone has some shares that can provide, I think it would be very helpful for improving the product Mini 2.
Check, please, the flight below:

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/BMKL8FS66XEA64DXSU1P

Verify what happens at minutes:
1m 42.9s  and 1m 45s  It lost 1,3 ft -->NOT PRESSING THE UP and DOWN CONTROLS
1m 49.9s and 1m 50.8s  It went up 1 ft -->NOT PRESSING THE UP and DOWN CONTROLS
1m 52.7s It drops 2 ft  -->NOT PRESSING THE CONTROLS
1m 57.7s It went up 1 ft  -->NOT PRESSING THE CONTROLS

I have more flights like this with less wind and it is visible the motion leveled with a water tower, for example.
Any ideas would be great!
Thank you.

2020-12-21
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Cients,

I own a Mini1 not a 2.

Mavic Mini1 is not very height stable from zero to full stick (pitch and roll) and from full to zero stick.
In your flight only 2 feet at the most, not too bad i would say.

So check your ascend and decscends values and check if just before that full input was given or released.

See my chart of your data ; the red parts in the blue height line are up / down without inputs.
But check the before inputs. (obvious to see jusy before #8000, see also the craft pict up from pitch down to get it to a stop)

So nothing to worry about imo. For video`s ; just be gentle on the sticks from zero to 100% pitch and v.v.

Happy many landings,
cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-12-22
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

JJB* Posted at 12-22 01:58
Hi Cients,

I own a Mini1 not a 2.

Dear JJB,

Thank you very much for your always technical enriched  analysis.
With your invaluable thoughts and reflections, I really feel far more comfortable using the Mini 2.

Wish you and distinct family Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year of 2021!
2020-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules