lvl.1
Flight distance : 28045 ft
United States

Ronin SC does not work with Sony A7C, what can I do? Thank you
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry to say the Sony A7C is not compatible with the Ronin-SC on the camera control settings. Could you please tell us which camera control function do you need? We might help to check with our engineers to see if it can be achieved by further firmware updates.

Thanks.
2020-12-22
Use props
fansd41948fd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28045 ft
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-22 05:07
Hello there, we are sorry to say the Sony A7C is not compatible with the Ronin-SC on the camera control settings. Could you please tell us which camera control function do you need? We might help to check with our engineers to see if it can be achieved by further firmware updates.

Thanks.

DJI Wanda, thank you for your reply. I would love to have app functionality available, like timelapse or panorama.
Thanks again.
2020-12-22
Use props
Nowhere, Fast
lvl.1

Canada

I also would like to see these functions made available. Auto focus and record would be huge.
I bought the SC at the same time as my A7c, but so far it's been a waste. In all my research before buying, no where did anything say that it would have compatibility issues with newer cameras.
2020-12-22
Use props
fans410f2269
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello,
We need at least the record button...
Please, a firmware update for the A7C
2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_qzixKFBu1A6J
lvl.1

Sweden

Hello,
I also bought an a7c, would love if it could work with my ronin SC.
2020-12-23
Use props
muscleboy
New

South Korea

Hi, I also bought a7c and cannot do anything with my ronin SC now because it does not support a7c now. It'd be appreciated if you can announce when the next update will be.
2021-1-2
Use props
fansd86b9e23
lvl.1

United States

Hi, any info on an update for the Ronin SC with the Sony A7C? I need focus to work on it for my professional recording.
2021-1-14
Use props
Nowhere, Fast
lvl.1

Canada

Can we get an update on if this will be compatible? If there is a plan for it to be updated? I've got a brand new ronin SC that is essentially useless and other brands have made theirs compatible with the A7C
2021-1-19
Use props
m0to
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10436 ft
United States

Same boat. Just bought one today and it doesn't seem to work with the A7C. I have a cable that says "For Sony" but it's a USB-C to Micro-USB. Not useful.
2021-1-21
Use props
djiuser_GnPwMiV7iLli
New

Czechia

Same problem here, hey DJI support do something with this problem. I have your Ronin SC for less than year and this is not acceptable. Or it’s last time that I and other customers buying your product, your politics is bull.....
2021-1-21
Use props
robinfisher
New

United Kingdom

Hello! I've just updated to the latest firmware on my Ronin SC.
The cable labelled as Sony has a multi connector that I don't think is present on the a7c so I presume I have to use the Usb c to usb c cable?

However, the camera appears to just get stuck in a "USBV mode   connecting........." screen.

Any tips on how I get them to talk to each other?

Many thanks!
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_n2DOlxQu4W1Y
New

Australia

Hi.

Electric zoom, record, shutter release, focus.
These all worked on my a6500 but don't on my A7C. Even if I had to buy a different connectivity cable, I would.

Could you please also release the SDK for the gimbal and DJI app like you have done for the drones?
I'd love to be able to add features and have the ability to synchronise the gimbal with other pieces of equipment.

Thank you
2021-2-13
Use props
nveer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061079 ft
United States

Just upgraded from my A6400 to the A7C.  Saw that the RoninSC has a firmware update that listed the A7C but it’s still not working properly.
1. Record button doesn’t work
2. The camera gets stuck when plugged into the SC..i.e.  can’t adjust iso, can’t access Fn menu etc..
3. Can’t adjust shutter speed

Basically none of the buttons work.

Any update on this?  Plans for another firmware update?  Rough ETA…to manage my hopes?
2021-4-17
Use props
djiuser_Et7qEZvBcf5g
New

United Kingdom

Just purchased a brand new DJI Ronin SC and Sony A7C. I updated the firmware and set up the gimbal, then plugged in the USB C cable to connect to the camera, and all the functions work after changing the settings on the A7C as recommended on the DJI site. The only thing still confusing is the 'create' modes on the app, not sure if these are working? Any advice would be great!
2021-5-5
Use props
djiuser_V6AhvxUd0Blt
New

Spain

Hola. Me pone que no es compatible con 7c. Que solución puedo tomar ?
2021-5-27
Use props
thundernyan
New

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-22 05:07
Hello there, we are sorry to say the Sony A7C is not compatible with the Ronin-SC on the camera control settings. Could you please tell us which camera control function do you need? We might help to check with our engineers to see if it can be achieved by further firmware updates.

Thanks.

Hi Wanda,
I think everyone here appreciates the work you and your team did to bring the functionality of the RSC to the A7C. This is much appreciated.
2021-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules