Concerned About Customer Service
1386 12 2020-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CruzenMini2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21512 ft
United States

I'm a bit conecerned about Customer Service.  I googled DJI Customer Service only because I'm getting a perception that DJI's customer service has some maturing to do.

My original issue for approaching Customer Service is that I couldn't order a 2 Year DJI Care Refresh while activating my DJI Mini 2 though I could see the option to purchase it if I bought it from their Store Front.

1. Nowhere in any documentation I've searched for has it shown that a 2 Year DJI Care Refresh is only available if you purchase the MINI 2 form their store front.
2. I started a Customer Service chat.  They took my information, including Serial Number and Receipt that has the Serial Number.  And they would send me a quote\invoice so I can purchase the 2 year Refresh. And said it would take 1-2 Business days.  This was Thursday at about 1PM.  I took down my case number after asking for it.
3.I have yet to receive an email confirming I even have a case pending.  Not hearing anything back, nn Monday at ~4PM i called and I was told they couldn't process it since they needed the Serial Number.  The person I talked to was dismissive of the issue that the information was already provided, and that they could've gotten the information right off the receipt I provided.  She then stated it would take another 24-48Hrs.

I'm trying to do the right thing here and not use the drone very much until I get the plan, like insurance.

For starters, DJI is keen to gather our contact information. They should use it to keep the customer in the loop.  Start by sending the case information.  Then if further info is need, send that request as well to.

The price we paid for these drones is not a trivial amount.  It's too bad the Customer Service thus far hasn't been stellar.  Customer Service will make or break a company.  It doesn't matter if the product is awesome. If a customer feels like they will be left in the cold, they will go somewhere else next time.  I hope I can amend this thread with good news in the coming days.

2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with our customer service. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, I'll forward it to the corresponding team to follow up and keep you updated soon. Thanks.
2020-12-21
Use props
CruzenMini2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-21 19:52
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about your unpleasant experience with our customer service. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account, I'll forward it to the corresponding team to follow up and keep you updated soon. Thanks.

Continuing to document Customer Service experience. It is 31-DEC-2020., still haven't gotten an email for the 2yr Refresh Care.  This is well beyond the 24-48 hours initially promised.  I'm trying to give them money, and they don't want to give me a means to give it to them.

When I did a follow up chat on 23-DEC-2020, the Customer Rep said don't worry, you will see it in 24-48hrs, or something to that effect.

Again, this ticket was originally opened on 17-DEC-2020.  This is not a repair.  This is to get my Mini 2 covered for 2 years.

2020-12-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CruzenMini2 Posted at 12-31 12:27
Continuing to document Customer Service experience. It is 31-DEC-2020., still haven't gotten an email for the 2yr Refresh Care.  This is well beyond the 24-48 hours initially promised.  I'm trying to give them money, and they don't want to give me a means to give it to them.

When I did a follow up chat on 23-DEC-2020, the Customer Rep said don't worry, you will see it in 24-48hrs, or something to that effect.

I'm deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. As per check your case, the quotation has been sent to your email on December 30, 2020. Could you please check your inbox or junk folders again? Please keep me updated, thanks.
2020-12-31
Use props
CruzenMini2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-31 18:10
I'm deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused. As per check your case, the quotation has been sent to your email on December 30, 2020. Could you please check your inbox or junk folders again? Please keep me updated, thanks.

Update:

Thank you Natalia. I did find the email in my junk folder. Unfortunately, the problems continue:

I click on the "PayPal Button".  It takes me to https://pay.dji.com/  ... Where it shows me my case#, and invoice amount.  I click PayPal, then confirm, then it errors no matter what browser I've tried..Google, Brave, Edge, FireFox.   "Sorry Payment Failed!" "Please try again or pay with a different card or payment method."  Then a "Try Again" button which does nothing.
The other provided option is a "Bank Transfer".  Wire transfers cost about $30. I'm not going to do that.

dji_payment_error.JPG

2020-12-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CruzenMini2 Posted at 2020-12-31 23:39
Update:

Thank you Natalia. I did find the email in my junk folder. Unfortunately, the problems continue:

Sorry for that case happened, please send us an email at support@dji.com and provide your correct contact information, especially the shipping address, our team will help to improve the case information, and then you are able to do the payment. Thanks.
2021-1-1
Use props
CruzenMini2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-1 02:16
Sorry for that case happened, please send us an email at  and provide your correct contact information, especially the shipping address, our team will help to improve the case information, and then you are able to do the payment. Thanks.

Hello Natalia,
Thank you again for information. I have sent information to Support.

By the way, I provided the same information at the very beginning of the process.  I hope you can relay this experience to your management.   The product itself has been top notch, no complaints thus far.  However, DJI should strive to have a World Class Customer Service Experience as well.   A company can't rely on just having a great product.  Problems will come up.   The Customer Experience, when those problems come up, can be yet another marketing opportunity for the company.   Both satisfied and dissatisfied customers will tell others about their experience.  The key to having a satisfied customer is what the company did to make a customer feel whole.   In this experience so far, even if I get my case resolved,  because of the time spent on this,  most customers will not feel whole.   What other companies do is to provide discounts, or offer something else, to at least attempt to compensate for the bad experience.   Providing Mini 2 Propeller Guards would work. :-)  It's listed as $20.  I could then tell my other drone enthusiast friends how DJI made the situation more fair.

Thank you.
2021-1-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CruzenMini2 Posted at 1-1 08:51
Hello Natalia,
Thank you again for information. I have sent information to Support.

I understand your frustration, please accept our apologies for the less than positive experience with the service. I noticed that the payment is now confirmed.
Your case will be investigated and we will keep improving our service. Regarding your feedback about the compensation, I will try to confirm with our manager, if there is an update, I will keep you updated. Sorry again for the difficulties caused. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know, I will do my best to help.
2021-1-1
Use props
CruzenMini2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-1 22:53
I understand your frustration, please accept our apologies for the less than positive experience with the service. I noticed that the payment is now confirmed.
Your case will be investigated and we will keep improving our service. Regarding your feedback about the compensation, I will try to confirm with our manager, if there is an update, I will keep you updated. Sorry again for the difficulties caused. If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know, I will do my best to help.

Update:
I was finally able to make a payment last night.  DJI Support emailed me this morning that they received payment and updated my info.

However, I've tried to verify my Serial Number at https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage .  It says "Invalid Serial Number".  I have replied to Support and asking if this is the right spot to verify.  I don't see anything under my "My Account" at the DJI store.
2021-1-2
Use props
CruzenMini2
lvl.1
United States

CruzenMini2 Posted at 1-2 07:24
Update:
I was finally able to make a payment last night.  DJI Support emailed me this morning that they received payment and updated my info.

The frustration continues!  I got an email back from DJI.  The support person who verified my payment cannot seem to understand what that payment was for.  I paid $79.00 to cover my DJI Mini 2 for 2 years.

DJI Care Refresh 2-Year Plan (DJI Mini 2) NA - $79.00

Checking the website,  https://service.dji.com/djicare/coverage , my Serial Number comes up as invalid.
2021-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CruzenMini2 Posted at 1-3 04:04
The frustration continues!  I got an email back from DJI.  The support person who verified my payment cannot seem to understand what that payment was for.  I paid $79.00 to cover my DJI Mini 2 for 2 years.

DJI Care Refresh 2-Year Plan (DJI Mini 2) NA - $79.00

Sorry again for the inconvenience caused. Your situation has been escalated to the corresponding team to check and follow up. We'll keep you updated via email.
2021-1-3
Use props
CruzenMini2
lvl.1
United States

04-JAN-2020 - Finally have a 2 Year Refresh Care Agreement in Hand.
If I had to sum up how all of this could've gone better it would be:
1. Communication: From the beginning, I didn't get an automated ticket creation email.  This would have let me know that I'm positively in the system, and I have a documented ticket#.  Then updates would've been proactive on DJI's part and would keep customer from having to repeatedly contact them.  Then when information from DJI is sent, it should include what was done, what are next steps, and/or any action items that customer needs to do.
1b. Communication between customer service agents (or they need to read their tickets better or document better within ticket).  Communication between DJI computer systems. How many I had to supply my S\N#  and contact info.  For example when it was already asked at initial contact, and was documented when I created my account with DJI. But yet I had trouble with paying through PayPal because my contact info wasn't put in there as part of the order.  The only other way to pay was a costly wire transfer which I would not do and so had to wait again for them to put in the info.
2. When company makes mistakes\delays, they should attempt to compensate customer for time and energy wasted.  Errors, issues occur, but what a company does after will mean whether they have succeeded or missed on opportunity to market effectively with the customer and his contacts.

Looks like these issues have been happening for years based on Google Searches, Youtube, Reddit, etc.  I hope the customer service will match its world class products in the near future. I certainly will be looking at those reviews before my next DJI purchase.

Thankyou, Cruzen Mini2
2021-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CruzenMini2 Posted at 1-5 11:42
04-JAN-2020 - Finally have a 2 Year Refresh Care Agreement in Hand.
If I had to sum up how all of this could've gone better it would be:
1. Communication: From the beginning, I didn't get an automated ticket creation email.  This would have let me know that I'm positively in the system, and I have a documented ticket#.  Then updates would've been proactive on DJI's part and would keep customer from having to repeatedly contact them.  Then when information from DJI is sent, it should include what was done, what are next steps, and/or any action items that customer needs to do.

Thank you for your update on your case, I am glad to hear that your case is solved. Apologize again for the difficulties you experienced. We will learn from the details and keep improving our service.
If there is anything else I can help in the future, please feel free to contact me or our support, we will do our best to help.
2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules