choice of connection between 2.4 and 5.8 GHZ or auto
8335 5 2020-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

I see that there is a choice between operating frequency of 2.4 or 5.8 GHZ or AUTO. Not clear when one or the other would be best. I believe it has to do with operating near cities or equipment that normally runs at one or the other frequency. But not sure if setting to AUTO is best generally to let it figure it out...or that might reduce range or stability. Perhaps using the settings read out screen to see what is the cleanest frequency would be useful but not sure if that is a good idea.
2020-12-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. In general, with no interference, you should do better with 2.4 GHz.  If you are in urban places with more interference, you may very well do better with 5.8 GHz when flying your DJI Drone. Thank you.
2020-12-21
Use props
djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9616 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-21 21:03
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. In general, with no interference, you should do better with 2.4 GHz.  If you are in urban places with more interference, you may very well do better with 5.8 GHz when flying your DJI Drone. Thank you.

Thanks you for comments. My MINI2 has one option to set the choice to auto. Would that be a best choice...leave it up to the software to pick the best frequency.
2020-12-22
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have the Air 2 which also uses the Occusync 2.0.  I leave it on auto so it can find the optimal signal.  In urban areas 5.8GHz can be less saturated than 2.4GHz despite the longer range.  

5.8GHz is a dense wave formation that is best for carrying large amounts of data a shorter distance, while 2.4GHZ is a wider waver formation that has better penetration and distance but is not capable of carrying the same amount of data.  
2020-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_NMEGPFEC1Ic8 Posted at 12-22 16:53
Thanks you for comments. My MINI2 has one option to set the choice to auto. Would that be a best choice...leave it up to the software to pick the best frequency.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these inquiry. It would be best for you to leave it to auto. For it to be able to choose which frequency is the best for the said environment. Thank you.
2020-12-24
Use props
Gaeaeshots
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127441 ft
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-24 00:45
Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these inquiry. It would be best for you to leave it to auto. For it to be able to choose which frequency is the best for the said environment. Thank you.

Unfortunately, one thing I noticed when I set it to Auto is that it keeps with the worse signal and doesn't go back and forth between 2.4 and 5.8 GHZ and locks to either 2.4 or 5.8 but automatically changes within them. Also, when kept on auto at 2.4 GHZ the RC would choose the bandwidth with highest noise instead.  This caused me to have signal issues with low obstacles at distances below 400m. Best is to first go manual and choose the best bandwidth then change to auto. This issue is definitely RC firmware and DJI needs to fix it.
2023-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules