703 6 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Balaes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14241171 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Today during a work for a client I had my first crash in 3 years since using the drone.

I was trying to position it conveniently, when suddenly I lost the connection between the remote control and the drone. I looked for it, I found it on a metal structure about 30-40 meters high. Unfortunately, I don't think it can be fixed.

I ask for your help in the hope that I will discover the reason for the crash in order to avoid such situations in the future. Thanks.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/9UMB6NUX55F15CENQ23F

2020-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Balaes. I am sorry to read and to know that you have crashed your DJI Drone. Since this unfortunate incident happened. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to assess what happened to the said drone and give out the best resolution for this issue. If the said DJI drone is still under the warranty period and it is evaluated as a non-pilot error, the warranty service will be provided. Again, I am sorry for this trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-12-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Balaes,

Had a look at your flight. No error in the log.
Last record flying 13.3 m/s, 100% roll right and left yaw.
No indication that something is in error.

Flying height 88 meters above start point, guess no obstacles that high??  or....

In the log i see that your Obstacle Avoidance is disabled. Did it entered a RTH and hit something?

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2020-12-22
Use props
Balaes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

He suddenly lost the connection with the remote control, I don't know if RTH was initiated. There was a crane in that area, I don't know what to say if it was high enough for the collision. The battery had about 40-50 charge cycles, no signs of swelling.
2020-12-22
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Balaes Posted at 12-22 02:40
He suddenly lost the connection with the remote control, I don't know if RTH was initiated. There was a crane in that area, I don't know what to say if it was high enough for the collision. The battery had about 40-50 charge cycles, no signs of swelling.

oke,   as you know the last position, postion if that crane  and the spot where you have found your drone,.must be 'easy' to figure out what have happend after the disconnect.

If the crane was in the line to HP from last position...

cheers
JJB
2020-12-22
Use props
Balaes
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Most likely I hit a crane, the drone moves to the right side with some speed and the drone shows the most serious damage on the right side. I don't blame DJI but it would have been good for the side sensor to work permanently ...
2020-12-23
Use props
Ercoupedriver
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1075778 ft
United States

If that is a cell phone tower ENE from your starting point that might be the problem, just saying.
2020-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules