Focusing issue
753 13 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
deve
lvl.1

India

Hi Guys
I am having issues when I shift my DJI pocket to left or right. I am not sure what is the issue . DJI pocket seems not focusing and video looking like shaky or (shivering) or something not sure.But a slow (really slow panning works better) a bit of fast panning making video looking shaky. I tried both AFS and AFC but when it focuses on straight (walking and ffocusing) everything looking sharp whereas when I pan or tilt to sideways its like (shivering) not on focus or something is not right. I have even fix the camera and use the panning extra accessrory feeling it a problem due to my hand shake whereas wtih this set up as well result is not promising. Can anyone help me to resolve this ? Or everyone else having the same issue? Is it a focus related issues  or something related to the Gimbal?

2020-12-22
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

If You place your Pocket down and let it active track an object in good light and ideal tracking conditions you will notice it stays in sharp focus as the camera head turns as it has focus lock on the selected foreground object. During normal panning there is no such object to continuously track so it tends to slightly de-focus during the pan. The juddering could be it trying to lock onto an object and then having to release that lock to center on the next object within its central focus point during the pan. Slower pans and using higher frame rates makes this less obvious.
2020-12-22
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

In AFC , osmo pocket does not do focus when panning or tilting.
Once gimbal movement is completed, it will do the focus. This is a part of osmo pocket autofocus strategy.

2020-12-22
Use props
deve
lvl.1

India

Thanks for the response. But what dose it mean? OSMO pocket cant be used for fast tilting? Even our mobile provide with such freedom. I truly believe that as I am new to this some setting is wrong? May be my card? I am using Samsung EVO HC card with 32 GB... or any other strategy
2020-12-22
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-ytao Posted at 12-22 06:35
In AFC , osmo pocket does not do focus when panning or tilting.
Once gimbal movement is completed, it will do the focus. This is a part of osmo pocket autofocus strategy.

Dji-ytao that’s interesting to know.   Does the same apply to exposure ?  Ie no changes in shutter speed / iso etc .... until gimbal stationary ?   Thanks.
2020-12-22
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

deve Posted at 12-22 07:12
Thanks for the response. But what dose it mean? OSMO pocket cant be used for fast tilting? Even our mobile provide with such freedom. I truly believe that as I am new to this some setting is wrong? May be my card? I am using Samsung EVO HC card with 32 GB... or any other strategy

Deve, do the scenes you are shooting have good light ?

I am just wondering if you are seeing natural motion blur due to shutter speed. You may finds it’s normal.

If possible the best way to get an accurate answer is to post a video clip of the problem you are seeing.
2020-12-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, deve. Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to know more about the difficulties you're encountering. If you could kindly, please upload a short clip wherein the issue occur so we can have it evaluated and confirm whether this phenomenon is normal or not. Kindly include also the current settings you've used, video resolution, and framerate. Looking forward to your response.
2020-12-22
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

MKosmo Posted at 12-22 08:55
Dji-ytao that’s interesting to know.   Does the same apply to exposure ?  Ie no changes in shutter speed / iso etc .... until gimbal stationary ?   Thanks.

no.  auto exposure just related to the scene. no thing to do with gimbal.
2020-12-23
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
  • >>>
Hong Kong

deve Posted at 12-22 07:12

For osmo pocket, this strategy is to solve the issue:
during panning or tilting ,camera would continue to focus.

different mobile phones have varied strategies.

pocket2 has different strategy too.

Just because pocket has the gimbal, there are more data to help with the focus.
It is a long story. The case you meet is normal.
2020-12-23
Use props
deve
lvl.1

India

MKosmo Posted at 12-22 08:57
Deve, do the scenes you are shooting have good light ?

I am just wondering if you are seeing natural motion blur due to shutter speed. You may finds it’s normal.

Hi Guys
Sorry for the late response. I was out with X mas and haven't got an opportunity to sit in front of a computer. Merry Xmas to everyone.. By the way how can i upload a video ? I tried to upload but it tells only JPEg and such format is allowed... Thanks  
2020-12-26
Use props
deve
lvl.1

India

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-22 23:57
Hi, deve. Thanks for reaching out! We'd like to know more about the difficulties you're encountering. If you could kindly, please upload a short clip wherein the issue occur so we can have it evaluated and confirm whether this phenomenon is normal or not. Kindly include also the current settings you've used, video resolution, and framerate. Looking forward to your response.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_SCgTj-SWIZ_h8Nm2L_zn-pAuumlSVz5/view?usp=sharing   

I am sharing a sample video . Hope you guys can see this. You can notice that during the panning process the blurring effect occurring throughout  so that the subject or the surroundings looking very strange (or shaky) . I was shooting at 4K 25 fps later I changed to 1080 30 Fps . But still the problem occurring no matter what. I have noticed that when i pan my hand very slowly this problem is not there
2020-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

deve Posted at 12-26 23:16
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_SCgTj-SWIZ_h8Nm2L_zn-pAuumlSVz5/view?usp=sharing   

I am sharing a sample video . Hope you guys can see this. You can notice that during the panning process the blurring effect occurring throughout  so that the subject or the surroundings looking very strange (or shaky) . I was shooting at 4K 25 fps later I changed to 1080 30 Fps . But still the problem occurring no matter what. I have noticed that when i pan my hand very slowly this problem is not there

Hi, deve. Thanks for the update. We're still checking on the video you have submitted. We'll have you notified once we received feedback from our engineers.
2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, deve. We just got confirmation regarding your concern and upon checking the video you have submitted, we have verified that this is within the normal range. The reasons are as follows:

It takes a certain amount of time to automatically detect and focus the shooting target. At present, from the video, this time is within the normal range.
When shooting a distant target, the focus change process is not so obvious and invisible, when shooting a close target, the focus switching distance changes greatly, and the entire focus change process will be more obvious.
2020-12-30
Use props
MKosmo
Second Officer
United Kingdom

In this example Its worth trying shooting at 50 or 60 fps, and just generally perform slower panning movements.  Also Have you got your gimbal set to 'slow' follow ?

I don't believe you are seeing a focus error but a combination of motion blur and movement compression.

2020-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules