Camera Control not working with manual lenses on Z Cam E2-M4
1005 2 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans36d7715d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1436962 ft
Switzerland

Having purchased a DJI RS2 gimbal I have been informed by DJI that I need the official cable to be able to drive my Z Cam from he Gimbal. Z Cam says to get the cable from Alvins Cables, so I ordered the official cable.

I just received it. It is a nicely made cable but right now for me it us useless.

Apparently it only works with automatic lenses at the moment. Manual lenses cause the gimbal to disconnect and stop working. No motor control, nothing!
Alvin says this is a firmware issue with DJI. Well I bought the RS2 as DJI says it is compatible with Z Cam and now apparently it is not yet. Perhaps DJI and Z Cam should communicate and come with a solution as right now people using manual lenses are stuck with a gimbal with a non functional record button and no way to set ISO from the gimbal.

Right now there is a communication problem between camera and gimbal that needs solving. I have the feeling the gimbal is trying to figure out something like Aperture but the camera is not answering or answering something unexpected as it has a mechanical lens.
I am sure this is a solvable software problem!

Please DJI fix this problem!

2020-12-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, thank you for reaching out with us. Could you please tell us the lens that you currently using with the Z Cam? We will help to check with the corresponding team for the compatibility information, thanks!
2020-12-22
Use props
tmoerel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1436962 ft
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-22 06:54
Hello there, thank you for reaching out with us. Could you please tell us the lens that you currently using with the Z Cam? We will help to check with the corresponding team for the compatibility information, thanks!

I am using a selection of vintage lenses which have NO electrical connections. All totally manual. And I think it is when the camera reports no aperture value back from these manual lenses that the gimbal goes in error mode.
As far as the camera is concerned there might not even be a lens connected as it cannot see the electronics of the lens.
Just to give an idea I am using m42 lenses on a m42-mft adapter (no electronics). Nikon lenses with Commlite adapters (no electronics) as well as some 7artisans mft lenses (no electronics).
I have no lenses with internal electronics.
2020-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules