Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video editing
4639 22 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Woodworker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi
I am a new drone owner and was looking for some help on video editing.
I have a Mini 2, but also use a go pro hero 8, dashcam and DLSR for photography.
I am looking to put together video files of trips and places that we visit in our motorhome. I am looking for a basic software, to take all the files together and do some simple editing. Does anyone have any suggestions please, i am a novice so the easier the better
Many thanks for any help

2020-12-22
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you on a PC or Mac?

For Mac you can use iMovie

For a PC there are wide range of offerings. Filmora is an easy one to use. Another option is Adobe Premier Elements which is a toned down version of their Pro version. The benefit to this option is if you ever want to expand on your editing skills you can always upgrade to the Pro version and you will already be familiar with the base controls of the program.
2020-12-22
Use props
Woodworker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Cavu Films Posted at 12-22 09:11
Are you on a PC or Mac?

For Mac you can use iMovie

Hi thanks for coming back, i am on PC, will have a look at suggestions
2020-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

A very good and free PC editor is Davinci Resolve.
It might be a bit overwhelming at first, but if you are willing to invest in it, it is a great editor that can render lightning fast!
2020-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Make sure you watch some 'Davinci for dummies' video's on youtube.
There are a lot of those to get you started!
2020-12-23
Use props
Woodworker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-23 00:56
It might be a bit overwhelming at first, but if you are willing to invest in it, it is a great editor that can render lightning fast!

Thanks Just having a look at it
2020-12-23
Use props
Woodworker
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 12-23 00:56
Make sure you watch some 'Davinci for dummies' video's on youtube.
There are a lot of those to get you started!

Thanks just downloading it
2020-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Woodworker Posted at 12-23 01:13
Thanks Just having a look at it

Have fun with it.
Don't get depressed when it takes some time to get used to.
Most people I talk with have this at first with Davinci (myself included)
2020-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Woodworker Posted at 12-23 01:13
Thanks just downloading it

Looking forward to seeing your first work with it!
2020-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Woodworker. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what editing software they are using. Thank you and Happy Holidays. .
2020-12-25
Use props
cony
lvl.2

United States

My favourite is TunesKit AceMovi, simple but powerful
2020-12-27
Use props
mirandaright87hotmail.com
lvl.4

Spain

I haven't played with the free stuff much, but I have played with movie maker and uhhh it sucked.  The few I liked best is anything by Sony Vegas Pro is amazing, but they also have low end products that are good too. They have 30 day trials so you can play with them and see the difference between them movie maker and other freebies. Trust me on this you will want commercial lol. Once I finish my school project with help of https://www.topwritersreview.com/reviews/rushmyessay/ . want to play with more softwares by Adobe. I didn't try anything by Adobe yet, I guess they have like 20 different programs that can do the editing, problem is the trials were always expired by the time I opened them.
2021-1-28
Use props
Emily Watson
New

India

Hi Woodworker,

Check the link (https://www.proglobalbusinesssolutions.com/video-editing-tips/), it might be helpful for you to select the best software for your video editing task.

2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_uELFjwleuSCW
New

Nigeria

Ali quick is a Google chrome extension that helps you find seller’s ratings, similar products, price tracking. You can compare prices of product you want to drop ship to make the best profit. It is also allow users to downoad images video, download product images and get competitors information. You can also get the latest review about any product to see if it a good product your customers will like.
Advantage of using Aliquick chrome extension
It is light weight and does not eat up your PC space
You get full features of this extension for free
Get free promo code to shop cheaper on Aliexpress
You get all product information in one place
You can download products high resolution videos and images to convince you customer
Get the best product research tools for Drop Shipping via this link.
2021-5-1
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

Hi There Woodworker, I'm new to drone ownership too with my Air 2s.

The Video Editing software I am using is Power Director 20. I went for that option of the Power Director suite as it's a one off life time license payment option rather than a monthly/Annual subscription.

The learning curve isn't too steep and it can hold it's own against some of the major professional video/photo editing software on the market. Also there are umpteen tutorials to walk one through the whole video editing process.

It should have all you need and way more for your requirements as a hobby enthusiast to seamlessly transition through your various film clips you want to add. In addition to Picture in Picture, Background titles, music etc and animated 3D effects.

Just a suggestion worth looking into.
2021-11-24
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

Oops my Bad !

I should have read the date first posted, my apologies the OP question was a year ago ...oops
2021-11-24
Use props
6 string fan
lvl.1

United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2020-12-23 00:56

I thought that MY PC had enough memory to run Davinci Resolve. But I had bad luck trying to render anything on it as it would just lock up and freeze up the PC.
No, I AM using a bonifide 'free' downloaded application.
So, now I'm looking for another basic one as I just want to cut and edit scenes, maybe add an audio track. Nothing fancy...I'm not going to make a full length motion picture or anything...
'Shot Cut' didn't do much for me either...unfortunately.
2022-2-7
Use props
6 string fan
lvl.1

United States

6 string fan Posted at 2-7 11:16
I thought that MY PC had enough memory to run Davinci Resolve. But I had bad luck trying to render anything on it as it would just lock up and freeze up the PC.
So, now I'm looking for another basic one as I just want to cut and edit scenes, maybe add an audio track. Nothing fancy...I'm not going to make a full length motion picture or anything...

Everybody says how great the Davinci Resolve works for them so there has to be something in MY PC that's causing an issue.
Perhaps MY own video card is too weak or something...
Can anybody recommend a good video card or something that I can have better results when using Davinci Resolve?
2022-2-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

6 string fan Posted at 2-7 11:16
I thought that MY PC had enough memory to run Davinci Resolve. But I had bad luck trying to render anything on it as it would just lock up and freeze up the PC.
So, now I'm looking for another basic one as I just want to cut and edit scenes, maybe add an audio track. Nothing fancy...I'm not going to make a full length motion picture or anything...

There is usually a reason for Davinci not working.
I had to change a setting in my videocard (NVIDIA).
So it was NOT optimized for gaming.
2022-2-7
Use props
ScoutC03
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152644 ft
Finland

Hello!

Dug old topic but I think you might be able to help me. I been on 2-3 different programs, Don't even remember they names. Now for some reason I got a bit into liking of Lightworks, maybe cause youtube videos for dummies and therefore only one I can even use at all, it might be too much for me, more like for pros? What I need is very simple editing, much what you see in youtube, cuting, adding intro/outro, adding texts, using slowmos, colour control etc. very very basic entry level stuff.  I use mini2, Gopro7Black, DLSR (rarely) and my phone.

So the next question is that how you find this fitting into my needs? It's not cheap, I need better resolution than 720 though that the free version gives you but I might be buying the pro if that would be the one form me.  Should I try something else?
2022-3-14
Use props
6 string fan
lvl.1

United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2-7 23:52
There is usually a reason for Davinci not working.
I had to change a setting in my videocard (NVIDIA).
So it was NOT optimized for gaming.

Thanks for your suggestion...I'll give it a shot...
2022-5-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

6 string fan Posted at 5-5 06:24
Thanks for your suggestion...I'll give it a shot...

You're welcome!
2022-5-5
Use props
Vincent Leclerc
lvl.4

Hong Kong

You and I have the similar purpose: looking for a easy-to-use video editor for simple editing. TunesKit AceMovi is by far the best I've found for total beginners.
2022-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules