Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin SC noise with Smartphone
475 2 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fuxxx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71608 ft
Germany

Hi,

I am using a Sony A9 with 28-70 / 3.5-5.6 with a Ronin SC. Everything works fine until I try to use the smartphone holder for using ActiveTrack - even when I balance this combination without a smartphone, the tilt motor makes strange noise, sometimes the whole gimbal wobbles. With a smartphone on top the noise is louder. The noise is the loudest when the camera is straight. If I tilt it with the joystick in either direction the noise is getting more quieter.

I understand that my combination is top-heavy but as all components together are way under the max payload I don't understand that the motor is appearantly overloaded.

Did balancing and auto calibration - the latter resulted in even more noise.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Michael
2020-12-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, have you finished the balancing test after mounting the phone holder? You may also try to adjust the motor stiffness to see if the noise will be reduced.

Thanks
2020-12-22
Use props
fuxxx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71608 ft
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-22 08:06
Hello there, have you finished the balancing test after mounting the phone holder? You may also try to adjust the motor stiffness to see if the noise will be reduced.

Thanks

Did the balance test - perfect. I tried to set the stiffness to 27/25/27 - now the noise is very quiet. Could that be done without damaging the motors?
2020-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules