dji osmo action wont connect to wif after firmware update 2020
599 8 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

As the title says, i cant get it to connect to the MIMO app either on IOS or Android

Tried all the usual things that old post suggest but still no go.

Any ideas, Ive got a video to shoot later tomorrow and I need to be able to see the OA on my tablet

2020-12-22
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Ok so an update

I updated the android app and after a couple of wifi resets I can now use an Android phone.

I’ve not managed to get the iOS working but I have found a work round for the issue

I went into wifi and tried to manually join the network but it wouldn’t so i did another wifi reset and got a new wifi key

With that I was able to join the wifi on the Osmo and then open the app and use it.

But I still can’t get it to join using the mimo app, im gonna guess that the bluetooth connection picks up the wifi key from the camera and that allows the app to join the wifi, in case you aren’t using iOS then just to let you know iOS prompts you with a “do you want to join the Osmo network” prompt unlike the android.

Seems an app update is needed as this worked fine before the new FW update

2020-12-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

if you are not sure what to do and afraid it may cause an issue. you can go to Bluetooth and forget my device, and reset wifi. sounds like you already did that.
2020-12-22
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 12-22 15:57
if you are not sure what to do and afraid it may cause an issue. you can go to Bluetooth and forget my device, and reset wifi. sounds like you already did that.

Yes I did try all that, ive had the Osmo for a year so well aware of things to try, thanks anyway, I see DJI arent jumping in with suggestions
2020-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

refresh the firmware, see if that clears the issue.
2020-12-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 12-23 07:32
refresh the firmware, see if that clears the issue.

Would like to know how

You can’t use the app as it won’t connect,
In Android you can use the app but there isn’t a prompt for firmware upgrade or refresh

I tried putting the FW on an SD card but the camera ignored it (guess it’s because it’s already on that version)
2020-12-23
Use props
issac pro
lvl.1
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 12-23 08:32
Would like to know how

You can’t use the app as it won’t connect,

I am using Android app. I have the same issue after updating the firware. What I did is to uninstall the MIMO app and reinstall it again and it worked. Hope this helps.
2020-12-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

there are steps to getting the firmware I clearly point it out in the other post.
2020-12-23
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Fishycomics Posted at 12-23 09:29
there are steps to getting the firmware I clearly point it out in the other post.

Where ?

I don’t see anything about firmware
2020-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules