Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How durable is the Gimbal?
3026 14 2015-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sstriano
lvl.1

United States

I was checking out the gimbal on my new P3P, and it seems pretty durable, I mean you dont want to crash, but it seems well built?

Is it OK to touch the gimbal? What I mean is while the power was off I touched it and moved it through it's range of motions on all three axis's very gently just to see it's range of motion.

That is OK yeah? Those ribbons do seem a little fragile, but I think if you were to ever crash it and it hurt the ribbons you would have other problems!

Man I love this little guy!
2015-6-30
Use props
sstriano
lvl.1

United States

Nobody? I would think someone has some input on this one.
2015-7-1
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

It is functionally durable. Now, after saying that, a 3 foot dead drop will damage the gimbal. I know from experience. It is assembled on shafts that simply put, are pressed on. Now the problem is, when it suffers an impact and seperates itself from the shaft, the ribbon cable becomes severed. If you are EXTREMELY talented, you might can repair it with a ridiculously high priced cable. That is if there are no other damages. Now, my advice is......dont suffer any serious impacts with it. If you do you will be ordering a new camera gimbal combo unless you want to send it off for an unknown amount of time.
2015-7-1
Use props
Rude
lvl.1

Finland

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-7-2 03:41
It is functionally durable. Now, after saying that, a 3 foot dead drop will damage the gimbal. I kno ...

The P3 flexible gimbal flat cable is available in multicoptercenter.com, price 52 euros.
2015-7-1
Use props
kevinr621
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36427 ft
United States

Has anyone had any experience with this product that is available on Amazon  :
SKYREAT Gimbal Guard for DJI Phantom 3 -Protects Gimbal & Camera
SkyGreat Gimbal Guard
2015-7-1
Use props
sstriano
lvl.1

United States

kevinr621 Posted at 2015-7-2 06:17
SKYREAT Gimbal Guard  ...

I was looking at that as well, wondering if you really need it? I always have a nice flat piece of plywood I have made as a landing pad, so I am not sure I would ever need that unless I crashed it. But then all bets are off I think.
2015-7-1
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

Rude Posted at 2015-7-2 06:07
The P3 flexible gimbal flat cable is available in multicoptercenter.com, price 52 euros.

That's a great price. When I had a battery mishap with my P2V+, The cables were $400 USD. That was a little ridiculous. Even purchasing the ribbon may not fix you either. If the camera impacts the ground there will most likely be damage to the arm also.
2015-7-1
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
United States

kevinr621 Posted at 2015-7-2 06:17
SKYREAT Gimbal Guard  ...

This will help strengthen the legs and help you avoid camera damage. I highly advise the use of one.
2015-7-1
Use props
kevinr621
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36427 ft
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-7-2 10:37
This will help strengthen the legs and help you avoid camera damage. I highly advise the use of on ...

I also agree - hence the purchase, ships quick - it is on the way to me.
2015-7-2
Use props
P3PO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16083 ft
United States

I have one of these. Looks factory, very well made and keeps camera attached in case of mishap. Anything helps so choose your bits as you like.
2015-7-3
Use props
richardpwills
lvl.1

Thailand

Does anyone use the original gimbal guard when travelling with there P3? I was wondering if it would reduce the movement/vibrations in the camera area when carrying it or travelling with it. It is sometimes a pain to put on and was curious to know if it makes a big difference.
2015-7-5
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

richardpwills

If I'm not in the air them my original gimbal guard is on.
2015-7-5
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

richardpwills@g Posted at 2015-7-5 23:28
Does anyone use the original gimbal guard when travelling with there P3? I was wondering if it would ...

Yes, I always use it when traveling, it's best to do so.
2015-7-5
Use props
richardpwills
lvl.1

Thailand

skymaker6 Posted at 2015-7-6 00:02
Yes, I always use it when traveling, it's best to do so.

Thank you for the response. I will keep it on at all times in the future then. Apart from when it's in the air.

Do you use the white foam bit too? or just the clear plastic guard?
2015-7-5
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

richardpwills@g Posted at 2015-7-6 13:50
Thank you for the response. I will keep it on at all times in the future then. Apart from when it' ...

The clear plastic
2015-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules