Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI common man!!!!
Still no bluetooth remote what's up with that?
Gopro just releasee a new bluetooth remote that can sync up to 5 cams.

We need something like that for the Osmo Action.
If your saving it for the Osmo Action 2 please let us know :-)

Would be great if I could use loop recording on my Kayak and then trigger the save after a event I want to keep.

2020-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there snorkel. Thank you for reaching out and for posting these information here at DJI Forum. As of the moment, we do not have any information with the DJI Osmo Action's future accessories release. In addition, I will cascade these information to the designated DJI Department for further attention. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates for the DJI Osmo Action and it's accessories by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2020-12-22
Use props
Hamza.f
lvl.1
Iraq

they can give us remote control with the memo app but its not a direct connection 1st you connect to your camera with the memo app via wifi2nd connect the remote shutter button via bluetooth

3rd the memo team needs to have the shutter button activated via volume up or down just like all the smart phones cameras they take a photo when pressing the vol up or down

and this is an easy and a quick fix , universal also ! since it's for the memo app

because as if now if you press the volume button on your smart phone your memo app will not start REC its will turn the volume up!

2020-12-25
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The memo app is ok, but I need multi cam support so I can use the loop recording activate on both cameras at the same time while kayak fishing.
So when I catch a fish I would hit the shutter button to save the last interval of say 15 minutes.

I find it hard to believe they could not make one like in a week with all the drone experience they have LOL
2020-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If DJI is going to add a remote control I believe it will go into the next model, could possibly because the hardware is not there for it IMHO
2020-12-25
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hardware is capable or it would not work with mimo app
2020-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Well then get with DJI rep and have them pass your feedback to a developer, and best of luck with the RC
2020-12-25
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

LOL yep I know that's a waste of time
2020-12-25
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

While we use the Mimo App, the greatest distance  allowed is what 10 feet, so you think a Remote give more. think that is one excellent reason the  rc will never come about
2021-1-4
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 1-4 12:58
While we use the Mimo App, the greatest distance  allowed is what 10 feet, so you think a Remote give more. think that is one excellent reason the  rc will never come about

For most uses 10 feet would be fine, though I think it's more than that.
Keep in mind a dedicated remote would not be transmitting video data, just commands so the distance would be much greater.
The real reason would be the ability to have multiple cams synced together for loop recording.
2021-1-4
Use props
jksewell
lvl.1
United States

I could really, really use a remote for my DJI Osmo Action.

My primary usage for this camera is for recording ride footage, while mounted to the hood of my UTV.

Before anyone says "you can use the MIMO app", forget it.
I am not trying to fool with my phone while driving offroad, on technical trails.

If I had known beforehand, when doing research for a new action camera, that there were no wireless remote options for the Osmo Action, I would have purchased a different camera.

Hindsight being 20/20, I've now found that Osmo Action users, on this forum, have been asking DJI for a remote, for well over a year.

In none of those posts was there any kind of answer from DJI, regarding this issue,
only the moderators giving canned answers assuring they would pass on the concern.
Very disappointing.

I really like the camera, and it shoots great footage, but this is a very basic accessory that should have been available a long time ago.....

2021-1-17
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jksewell Posted at 1-17 12:59
I could really, really use a remote for my DJI Osmo Action.

My primary usage for this camera is for recording ride footage, while mounted to the hood of my UTV.

I'm hoping they will release one with the osmo action.   They make remote control drones how difficult could it possibly be to make a remote capable of controlling two or more cams?

What I do now is just use a 256gb sd card and start both cams and let them record all day at 1080p while fishing on the kayak. It's more work scrubbing the data but I don't miss anything that way.

A remote that can trigger the loop option on 2 cams would be ideal
2021-1-17
Use props
jksewell
lvl.1
United States

snorkel Posted at 1-17 13:35
I'm hoping they will release one with the osmo action.   They make remote control drones how difficult could it possibly be to make a remote capable of controlling two or more cams?

What I do now is just use a 256gb sd card and start both cams and let them record all day at 1080p while fishing on the kayak. It's more work scrubbing the data but I don't miss anything that way.

One can hope......

My wife bought me a Remali Capturecam for Christmas a couple of years ago, my first action camera.
It's a cheap POS, in comparison to the Osmo Action,
but, it came with a remote that works without fail, every time I've used it.

How hard could it be?

I feel like DJI made the OA primarily for vloggers, and not real action camera users.
2021-1-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI remote would be great but if they can not do so then at least get with Tellisen, a company that will do it? Funny thing is DJI could not make the external adapter CYNOVA had to. so there may be the answer, DJI may not  want to be bothered, who knows
2021-1-17
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

The focus on phone and X gadget integration are so big now, that neglecting something so simple as a 1 - 2 button remote are easy to do.

What they should do with the next camera is to only allow for BT remote sound, and then in that BT remote mic, they could also put a couple of buttons for controlling stuff.
Thats what i would do if i was to make a action camera, it would also mean you can sell users 2 things for the price of 1, so they get remote + remote mic and people like that.

1: no plug on camera for external sound to worry about, and as i would use standard battery like 18650 also no need for a plug to charge battery in the camera.
This would also mean the only opening on camera would be the battery / memory card compartment, so you can make a proper screw on lid and so make it even more waterproof to a higher depth.

Regarding pressing a button to save somethig that have transpired, well that mean you have to add more memory to the product, and that reflect on price.
What you could do instead and some dashcam makers also do is operate in saving whole segments ( dashcams make smaller segments like 3 minute )
so when you press the event button you get 2 files saved, the current one + the next one, or the current one + the previous one ( depending where you are in current file when you press the event button )
This also have the benefit that you dont have to rush to the event button VS is say you have a 10 - 20 -30 second buffer.

But then the camera have to record smaller files like dashcams, but thats not really a problem as you just drop XX of them into editing software to mix / output as one large file.
Eventually the phone app could be made to support stitching of many little files.
Navigating the files are not really hard as the are named after time/date of capture, so just take a little getting used to VS being used to fewer larger videos making up your end video.

2021-1-18
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Support taken the request, the developer   has it on their table about  a RC. good luck, it took them a week plus to get me the   request I asked a downgrade. so this may take a little longer
2021-1-18
Use props
MichKrom
New

United States

Fishycomics Posted at 1-18 07:57
Support taken the request, the developer   has it on their table about  a RC. good luck, it took them a week plus to get me the   request I asked a downgrade. so this may take a little longer

I sustain the request. This is the only reason I went with GoPro instead. GoPro has had WiFi remotes for several years now. And there exist 3rd party remotes so the protocol was reverse engineered apparently.

At least perhaps accept GoPro remotes? The protocol should be rather simple.

BTW, I am flying the cams on kitesurfing kites, about 20m up, bit far for Bluetooth.
2021-6-6
Use props
DJImartin
lvl.1

Australia

Hey DJI Stephen, we all often see comments from moderators saying they are going to 'cascade' information to whoever-wherever-whatever but nothing happens. Please post something on the DJI website that states definitively whether or not DJI are going to release a remote control for the Osmo Action. Why all the secrecy and nil responses? It's plainly obvious that this is a big gap in the product accessories and everyone who mounts an Osmo Action on a motorcycle, surfboard, canoe, kayak, paraglider, mountain bike etc etc.....................needs a remote control for this camera. Please listen to your users and do something.
2021-6-6
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

for the Osmo Action, the question is; IS it  circuit ready   think not DJI can't answer and hte world sees them ass that
2021-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules