Tello Power and Charging Issues
19181 16 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robotrick
New

Austria

Hi Guys,

the main problem is, I can't turn on the Tello (6 month old, 2 flight hours). If i press the power button, but the LED stays off. When I try to charge the battery via the drone, the led turns green, blinks red quickly a few times and then the blue light flashes three times for a second and once for 3 seconds and this keeps going forever. After 4 hours charging nothing has changed. Then I updated the firmware, but nothing... Does anyone have an idea whats going on?

Thanks in advance.

2020-12-22
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dear customer,
The normal status of indicator during charging via drone should be blue and blinks once per second regularly and periodically, when the charging is finished, the indicator turns into solid blue. According to your description, the charging is abnormal,  please try with another adaptor of 5V1A-5V2A or Micro USB wire.
If the problem still persists, Please contact us via support@ryzerobotics.com.
2020-12-23
Use props
djiuser_xoakOfyZdy8n
New

Italy

I have the standard firmware problem (turn Tello on, get one shot of green light, then some flashing red lights and then drone is dead), so I try the reset procedure to update firmware keeping pressed the power-on button...green led stays on for some seconds then turns off, I release the power button and the led keeps blinking red...now I can connect to the drone's wifi to update firmware...but it always tells me I got less than 50% battery (even with brand new battery fully charged with external charger) -.-

Anybody knows a way to fix this please?
2021-2-1
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

China

djiuser_xoakOfyZdy8n Posted at 2-1 15:23
I have the standard firmware problem (turn Tello on, get one shot of green light, then some flashing red lights and then drone is dead), so I try the reset procedure to update firmware keeping pressed the power-on button...green led stays on for some seconds then turns off, I release the power button and the led keeps blinking red...now I can connect to the drone's wifi to update firmware...but it always tells me I got less than 50% battery (even with brand new battery fully charged with external charger) -.-

Dear customer,
We are sorry for the inconvenience brought to you, please contact us via support@ryzerobotics.com for a furthur troubleshooting.
Hope my reply could help you!
2021-2-1
Use props
El Argentino
New

Argentina

hi there, i had the same problem and i came up with the solution. The real problem is the app, to update the firmware you need to install the tello app v1.1.1 (you can find it online) and a charge battery.
Without the battery press and hold the power buttom and conect the charger, keep holdin the power buttom and insert the battery, when the green led turn off release the power buttom. It will turn a pulsing red light, connect the tello to your device and procede to install the firmware from the app.
this work for me and i hope works for you.
sorry about my inglish i´m from argentina
2021-3-3
Use props
Anonymous_guy
lvl.2

United States

One reason could be since you didn't use the batteries for a long time, they lost their juice.  I recommend buying a new battery.
2021-4-12
Use props
sk.p
New

India

My brand new Tello won't power on at all. I have tried charging the batteries using usb cable and also with the charging adaptor. Battery is fully charged.
After inserting the battery in the drone, there is no light what so ever. I tried pressing the power button on for 10 secs, but no light is glowing.
Please guide
2021-6-21
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

I'm not sure, have you tried contacting Ryze Robotics' customer support for some trouble shooting methods?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

sk.p Posted at 6-21 18:12
My brand new Tello won't power on at all. I have tried charging the batteries using usb cable and also with the charging adaptor. Battery is fully charged.
After inserting the battery in the drone, there is no light what so ever. I tried pressing the power button on for 10 secs, but no light is glowing.
Please guide

It might be defective
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Anonymous_guy Posted at 4-12 05:04
One reason could be since you didn't use the batteries for a long time, they lost their juice.  I recommend buying a new battery.

Might be the case
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

El Argentino Posted at 3-3 10:08
hi there, i had the same problem and i came up with the solution. The real problem is the app, to update the firmware you need to install the tello app v1.1.1 (you can find it online) and a charge battery.
Without the battery press and hold the power buttom and conect the charger, keep holdin the power buttom and insert the battery, when the green led turn off release the power buttom. It will turn a pulsing red light, connect the tello to your device and procede to install the firmware from the app.
this work for me and i hope works for you.

Your English is great, no need to apologise
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RYZE Posted at 2-1 21:56
Dear customer,
We are sorry for the inconvenience brought to you, please contact us via  for a furthur troubleshooting.
Hope my reply could help you!

Does the DJI customer support not have anything to help with this issue?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

djiuser_xoakOfyZdy8n Posted at 2-1 15:23
I have the standard firmware problem (turn Tello on, get one shot of green light, then some flashing red lights and then drone is dead), so I try the reset procedure to update firmware keeping pressed the power-on button...green led stays on for some seconds then turns off, I release the power button and the led keeps blinking red...now I can connect to the drone's wifi to update firmware...but it always tells me I got less than 50% battery (even with brand new battery fully charged with external charger) -.-

Are you sure the battery isn't defective?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Its also possible the drone might be defective
2021-7-3
Use props
Ander3
New

Chile

Another option that worked for me was to download a previous version of Tello for Android (in my case I used Tello_1.4.apk), then follow the same procedure already mentioned for the community to force an update (green light, release the button after green light goes and wait for red light). Connect to the drone using the previous version of the Tello app and continue with the update.
2021-7-14
Use props
djiuser_cThYtq1to4Ex
New

India

How to draw power from tello drone
2022-4-27
Use props
elalik
New

Israel

hi there, i had the same problem and i found the solution on the internet from a gut from Argentina: The real problem is the app, to update the firmware you need to install the tello app v1.1.1 on android only (you can find it online) and a charge battery. Without the battery press and hold the power buttom and conect the charger, keep holdin the power buttom and insert the battery, when the green led turn off release the power buttom. It will turn a pulsing red light, connect the tello to your device and procede to install the firmware from the app. this work for me and i hope works for you.
2022-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules