Where to get training for DaVinci Resolve?
1337 11 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded DaVinci Resolve 16 for editing movies taken with the Spark.
Does anyone have experience using this application.  It's really really full featured and I'm looking for a beginner course that will lead me through the basics.

2020-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there WebParrot. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. I will post a DJI Forum link on Best rendering settings for YouTube video's with Davinci Resolve 17.  I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2020-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, I use it more and more these days.  
In the beginning just for jobs that my standard video editor does not do well.
But lately I try to do full video's on it, because it is so fast in rendering.
It is getting better with every update, but still Davinci is quite overwhelming.

I watched a lot of 'Davinci for dummies' videos on youtube to get me started.
2020-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Loads of great tutorials on YouTube.  
2020-12-23
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-22 23:01
Hello there WebParrot. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have posted. I will post a DJI Forum link on Best rendering settings for YouTube video's with Davinci Resolve 17.  I hope this can help you. Thank you.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=230938&extra=page%3D1

Thanks Mod, but that video dives directly into "rendering" and I'm looking for something fundamental.  I will however look to the Faris video channel further.  
2020-12-23
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-23 00:35
Yeah, I use it more and more these days.  
In the beginning just for jobs that my standard video editor does not do well.
But lately I try to do full video's on it, because it is so fast in rendering.

Thanks again.  (continuation of my thanks for your reply to my 'edit on Fly' inquiry !! )

I've looked at the Casey Faris channel and most of his beginning videos go way back to earlier versions of DaVinci.  Nothing wrong with that, I suppose, it just seemed cumbersome at first glance.

In your memory, have you seen any 'generalist' training for editing?  The "dummies" context/idea is truly what I'm looking for. :-)

An example, over the last two years I've been taking an online course for playing 'ukulele.  It's a 'patreon-like' course with specific learning steps and processes.
2020-12-23
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 01:40
Loads of great tutorials on YouTube.

Thanks.  I've been there :-)  Is there a specific one that you've used and would recommend?
See my reply #6... I'm actually looking for a course with a specific learning process syllabus.
2020-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

WebParrot Posted at 12-23 05:58
Thanks again.  (continuation of my thanks for your reply to my 'edit on Fly' inquiry !! )

I've looked at the Casey Faris channel and most of his beginning videos go way back to earlier versions of DaVinci.  Nothing wrong with that, I suppose, it just seemed cumbersome at first glance.

No problem.

This one looks good.

I have not watched it like 'really' watched it, but it seems ok.
2020-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 12-23 06:01
Thanks.  I've been there :-)  Is there a specific one that you've used and would recommend?
See my reply #6... I'm actually looking for a course with a specific learning process syllabus.

Ive not seen a course as such, most to the videos tackle a technique like a specific transition.  Have you seen there own training videos?  - https://www.blackmagicdesign.com ... nciresolve/training
2020-12-23
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 07:52
Ive not seen a course as such, most to the videos tackle a technique like a specific transition.  Have you seen there own training videos?  - https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/training

Duh !  That should have been the first place I should look.  Thanks, I'll head there and see how they approach.  I think "we" get too attached to what's available on YouTube and sometimes forget the creators might just do the best job of showing off their products.
Thanks again.
2020-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 12-23 09:34
Duh !  That should have been the first place I should look.  Thanks, I'll head there and see how they approach.  I think "we" get too attached to what's available on YouTube and sometimes forget the creators might just do the best job of showing off their products.
Thanks again.

No probs,   Once you get the basics the YouTube videos on particular features or techniques will probably be more useful to you.
2020-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

WebParrot Posted at 12-23 05:52
Thanks Mod, but that video dives directly into "rendering" and I'm looking for something fundamental.  I will however look to the Faris video channel further.

Hi there WebParrot. Thank you for the reply and for these information. Again thank you for your support and Happy Holidays to you and to your family. .
2020-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules