Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smart Controller
1433 3 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

[EDIT ( Jan 26, 21 ) Thanks for 'watching' ... I've made the purchase and am enjoying the reduced clutter (cables), extra battery charging/maintenance (required of the phone), ease of getting started (loss of clumsy setup just to get flying, AND the bright screen is working wonderful, even in full sun and fresh snowfall. }

There's lots of comment on the problems / hassles that flyers have had trying to add their MA2's to a new Smart Controller.  I get all that ( watching lots of videos on the best processes ).  But now that you've made it that far, how is it working?  Any issues?  How is the screen in direct sunlight?  Is the battery drain (with the additional screen draw) significantly different that the projected run time?

2020-12-22
Use props
Tightloops
New
Flight distance : 8527 ft
United States

Now that I think that I have finally configured my new SC (actually still a work in progress) I had a chance the other day when the sun finally reappeared, to fly.  Flying on a bright sunny day without a sunshade was the main reason I spent the cash for the SC.  I was not disappointed!!  In fact, I was thrilled at the with the screen in bright sun!!  I can't speak to the battery life issue, its below freezing here and I would expect more rapid battery drain.
2021-1-26
Use props
DroneJunkieQc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015679 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I love it but they seriously need to add update for mini2.  
2021-2-26
Use props
David A.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21663 ft
United States

I didn't have any problem pairing the MA2 to the smart controller. Updated both using the DJI assistant app before pairing.
The only confusing thing is the app says to press the power button on the bottom of the drone for 4 seconds. Press the power button on the battery.

I love the bright screen and easy setup. wish we could customize a few more buttons but it does what it's supposed to.
I know many people say the range is bad but everywhere line of sight from my home my signal has been 100%.

Ok so the bad, DJI doesn't update the fly app on the smart controller very often so you are left without the latest software.
2021-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules