RTK via Wi-Fi trouble
4475 7 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mag241
lvl.1

Russia

Hello everyone!
We have DJI Phantom 4 RTK and would like to utilize it with Trimble R10 GNSS reciever as a base station.
There is some information about how to connect them via Wi-Fi using Ntrip caster facility provided by Trimble R10/R12 recievers, for example this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPtqUy5ImJo

The main problem is that I can't connect remote controller with R10 via Wi-Fi, as when the drone is connected to the RC I try to turn on Wi-Fi an error message pops-up "You need to disconnect RC from the aircraft to turn on Wi-Fi". Is seems that my drone+RC can't work with Wi-Fi turned on. However, I didn't see any information about this issue in videos describing DJI Phantom 4 RTK + Trimble R10/R12 operation workflow.
How can I solve this problem? Is it possible to operate aerial mapping missions with DJI P4 RTK using Trimble GNSS reciever as a base station through Wi-Fi connection?
Current firmwares installed (latest as far as I know):
RC - 02.02.0505
Aircraft - 02.02.0503

2020-12-22
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

2021-1-2
Use props
JetSam
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Hope a Moderator assist you soon !
2021-1-2
Use props
m_s
lvl.2

Germany

I've got the same issue. Wi-Fi disconnects once drone is connected to the RC. Only mobile network connection would work during a flight. Also my menu looks different to what I see in the video. For example I don't even have a web browser installed on the remote. Running the latest firmware of course. Is anyone able to explain this please?
2021-1-18
Use props
Tucu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390095 ft

Romania

Any solution to keep the drone connected to the controller and to turn on the WIFI to connect to R10 base station?
When the drone is linked to the controller the WIFI function does not turn on.When i trun on the wifi and after the drone, the drone does not link to the controller.
2021-4-22
Use props
jivago
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23671 ft
Iran

Tucu Posted at 4-22 03:00
Any solution to keep the drone connected to the controller and to turn on the WIFI to connect to R10 base station?
When the drone is linked to the controller the WIFI function does not turn on.When i trun on the wifi and after the drone, the drone does not link to the controller.

I saw this limitation a few days ago. Europe version of P4R for unknown reasons has this restriction.

You can see image of that error here
2021-5-22
Use props
Tucu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390095 ft

Romania

jivago Posted at 5-22 11:39
I saw this limitation a few days ago. Europe version of P4R for unknown reasons has this restriction.

You can see image of that error here

I have contacted DJI via email about this problem, no response.
Also thanks for the info, it's a bummer that you can't make Trimble R10 base for Phantom 4 RTK.

I'm gonna leave the name of the  video here, but it's nonsense...collab DJI and Trimble about this thing and isn't possible...
Name of the video:"DJI + Trimble Better Together - Base stations, Phantom 4 RTK, + More"
You can seach it on YouTube and see the whole presentation about Trimble R10 as base station and Phantom 4 RTK connected to it...
2021-6-1
Use props
patiam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1093865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tucu Posted at 6-1 01:40
I have contacted DJI via email about this problem, no response.
Also thanks for the info, it's a bummer that you can't make Trimble R10 base for Phantom 4 RTK.

Works in the US. If they don't have a disclaimer on the video they should.
2021-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules