RS2 and Canon C70 - mounting together
10141 25 2020-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OneBadAssAcrobat
lvl.1
Canada

I just received the new RS2 and also the new Canon C70.   The Canon C70 has a Screw Hole in the centre for a 3/8" - 16 mounting screw (10mm).  I am not able to mount the base plate the centre of the camera as the wing nuts are too small (1/4").  

Am i missing an adapter or is this just the new C70 with the oversize screw hole... I have attached a photo of the diagram from Canon showing the bottom of the camera.

Thank you in advance.

D
Screenshot (31).png
2020-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

So far I have not seen this configuration with a videocamera.
But you can get these adapters quite cheaply.
In fact I bought one for a slider that I tried.
Cost close to nothing.  
2020-12-23
Use props
OneBadAssAcrobat
lvl.1
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 12-23 00:29
So far I have not seen this configuration with a videocamera.
But you can get these adapters quite cheaply.
In fact I bought one for a slider that I tried.

good morning,  thank you for the reply and the advice.   The base of the C70 is really strange, i feel like they had an idea... started the project, but didn't finish it and it ended up with this odd set up.

I will try and find the adapter today.  you wouldn't happen to know the name would you?

again, thank you

D
2020-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

OneBadAssAcrobat Posted at 12-23 07:14
good morning,  thank you for the reply and the advice.   The base of the C70 is really strange, i feel like they had an idea... started the project, but didn't finish it and it ended up with this odd set up.

I will try and find the adapter today.  you wouldn't happen to know the name would you?

So it seems indeed.
It is just a 3/8 to 1/4 adapter.
Google immediately understood my needs
2020-12-23
Use props
swild
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141932 ft
United States

I bought these on Amazon and it worked great.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OKY ... ding=UTF8&psc=1
2020-12-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, currently the Canon C70 is not compatible with the RS2 as the USB port is not supportive on this model, we are working on releasing a third party cable that support the camera control functions.
If you want to mount C70 on the RS2, you can purchase an Extended Quick Release Baseplate that enables you to use both  1/4″-20 Slotted Screw and 3/8″ Slotted Screw.
2020-12-29
Use props
OneBadAssAcrobat
lvl.1
Canada

swild Posted at 12-28 16:30
I bought these on Amazon and it worked great.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OKYWWMG/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_lIN6FbBQNYPKW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

These are perfect... thank you for the link.  happy new year
2020-12-30
Use props
OneBadAssAcrobat
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-29 19:37
Hello there, currently the Canon C70 is not compatible with the RS2 as the USB port is not supportive on this model, we are working on releasing a third party cable that support the camera control functions.
If you want to mount C70 on the RS2, you can purchase an Extended Quick Release Baseplate that enables you to use both  1/4″-20 Slotted Screw and 3/8″ Slotted Screw.

Amazing... i look forward to the updated cable.  thanks again

D
2020-12-30
Use props
OneBadAssAcrobat
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Wanda Posted at 2020-12-29 19:37
Hello there, currently the Canon C70 is not compatible with the RS2 as the USB port is not supportive on this model, we are working on releasing a third party cable that support the camera control functions.
If you want to mount C70 on the RS2, you can purchase an Extended Quick Release Baseplate that enables you to use both  1/4″-20 Slotted Screw and 3/8″ Slotted Screw.

I have been looking for the extended quick release baseplate that you mention, but haven't been able to find it.  would you have a moment to be able to share a link?  thanks again
2021-1-2
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

OneBadAssAcrobat Posted at 1-2 11:37
I have been looking for the extended quick release baseplate that you mention, but haven't been able to find it.  would you have a moment to be able to share a link?  thanks again

Hello, we suggest using this extended quick release plate   with the Canon C70.

Thanks
2021-1-5
Use props
Markus Leinonen
lvl.1

Finland

Hi Wanda! Thanks for your help.

You mentioned that currently RS2 is not compatible C70. However the latest .30 firmware should be fixing at least some of that, right? "Added video recording for Canon EOS C70 cameras using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C)."

I guess RavenEye is also not supported?

Do you have plans for supporting C70?

This is quite critical to me since unfortunately I have to return this amazing gimbal if it is not compatible with my camera.

Thanks again!
2021-1-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Markus Leinonen Posted at 1-6 03:23
Hi Wanda! Thanks for your help.

You mentioned that currently RS2 is not compatible C70. However the latest .30 firmware should be fixing at least some of that, right? "Added video recording for Canon EOS C70 cameras using the Multi-Camera Control Cable (USB-C)."

Hello, we received some feedbacks about the USB-C cable sometimes failed to connect with the Gimbal when using the C70 and we figured out that the USB-C is not supportive by this model. Thus, we removed the supportive information about the C70 and currently our engineers are working on releasing a third party cable that support the camera control functions.
2021-1-6
Use props
Markus Leinonen
lvl.1

Finland

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-6 03:30
Hello, we received some feedbacks about the USB-C cable sometimes failed to connect with the Gimbal when using the C70 and we figured out that the USB-C is not supportive by this model. Thus, we removed the supportive information about the C70 and currently our engineers are working on releasing a third party cable that support the camera control functions.

Sounds good! Will that cable be sent to customers that already have the gimbal?
2021-1-6
Use props
fanse36330aa
lvl.1
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-6 03:30
Hello, we received some feedbacks about the USB-C cable sometimes failed to connect with the Gimbal when using the C70 and we figured out that the USB-C is not supportive by this model. Thus, we removed the supportive information about the C70 and currently our engineers are working on releasing a third party cable that support the camera control functions.

Hi Wanda, do you have an estimated release date for the C70 cable?  
Are there any workarounds for the time being?
2021-1-9
Use props
AndGuz
New
Flight distance : 11591 ft
South Korea

Hi Wanda. So while the RS2 is not compatible now, DJI is working on it. Did I get this right?
2021-1-23
Use props
fans8789d36e
New
Flight distance : 13609 ft
United States

The Bottom Plate for the C70 from Small Rig should do the trick for me.  Hope this helps. SmallRig Bottom Plate for Canon C70 3189  C70 Bottom Plate
2021-2-13
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi there DJI Wanda…
Is there already a solution for the compatibility of your wonderful RS2 (I own the Pro kit) and the great CANON EOS C70 (which I am planning to buy)? At the moment I use the EOS R5… which works great

Thank you and take care

MAx
2021-8-13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Sorry for the inconvenience. Because of the firmware compatibility of the Cinema EOS photographer series (ie. EOS C70), RS2 does not support USB control.
We will roll out a new camera control cable to support compatibility later. Please stay tuned to our website. You can pay attention to the firmware release note or compatibility list of Ronin series. We will announce the news once updating. Thanks for supporting and following!
2021-8-13
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-13 04:21
Sorry for the inconvenience. Because of the firmware compatibility of the Cinema EOS photographer series (ie. EOS C70), RS2 does not support USB control.
We will roll out a new camera control cable to support compatibility later. Please stay tuned to our website. You can pay attention to the firmware release note or compatibility list of Ronin series. We will announce the news once updating. Thanks for supporting and following!

Hi DJI Wanda....

until now I did not find any news... maybe it is hidden...
Is there any progress made on making the FANTASTIC Canon EOS C70 work with the FANTASTIC professional DJI RS2 Gimbal... ? A or THE new cable?? I think you would satisfy many customers who own both a Canon C70 and a DJI RS2 !!

Regards, Max
2021-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 9-7 05:14
Hi DJI Wanda....

until now I did not find any news... maybe it is hidden...

Hi, there. Apologize for your inconvenience and great expectation. We are urgently waiting for the news, too. Unfortunately, we have not received any information as yet. Please stay tuned to our official website. If you have any other questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-8
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-8 02:47
Hi, there. Apologize for your inconvenience and great expectation. We are urgently waiting for the news, too. Unfortunately, we have not received any information as yet. Please stay tuned to our official website. If you have any other questions, please feel free to talk.

I wonder if there is any news (I might have missed it) on a cable that will work with the RS2 and the Canon EOS C70….

Take care!!

Max
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 11-24 03:49
I wonder if there is any news (I might have missed it) on a cable that will work with the RS2 and the Canon EOS C70….

Take care!!

Hello, there. We are sorry to tell you that there is still no relevant information about it. For your request, we will forward it again. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2021-12-18
Use props
sjwhockey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440495 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2021-12-18 03:29
Hello, there. We are sorry to tell you that there is still no relevant information about it. For your request, we will forward it again. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Hi DJI Wanda, the compatibility page here (https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility) is showing that the C70 is now compatible with the RS2. Is there an update to this?
The linked page does not work: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/eosc70

142647unnkulygjzra2an5.jpg
2022-6-15
Use props
djiuser_9DHnIPLLTSiI
lvl.1
Germany

I'm in the same boat.

On top of the USB connection not working, I had a hard time mounting the focus motor,
since the C70 is too high for the focus motor to reach the lens, and the included rod is too short.

I ended up with the SmallRig extended quick release plate #3031
and the SmallRig focus motor rod mount bracket #2851.

Since the C70 is also pretty wide, it was needed to use a halfround file and
widen the screw slot for a millimeter (1/25th of an inch) to the side towards
the gimbal arm, so the C70 could pass the gimbal bracket.

This now works reasonably well mechanically.

The USB port not working though is a constant nuisance.

Michael
2022-6-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

sjwhockey Posted at 6-15 20:24
Hi DJI Wanda, the compatibility page here (https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility) is showing that the C70 is now compatible with the RS2. Is there an update to this?
The linked page does not work: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-2/eosc70

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. Canon EOS C70 is now compatible with DJI RS2 and DJI RS3 Pro. For RS2, its control cable should be a Type-C cable. However, it does not support taking photos and triggering Auto Focus.
For more information, you can view this one:
https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/rs-3-pro/eosc70
2022-6-21
Use props
GordonS27
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I updated the firmware on m RS2 using the app (Version 01.05.00.20) and the latest C70 firmware (1.0.3.1) and it works the same as the compatibility list Wanda posted. Pressing halfway on record does nothing, camera still carries on fine. It is a bit inconsistent if you half press then full press record in terms of it recording, but a solid press works fine if you get what I mean.

Pity that neither the RS2 or the RS3 Pro can turn the auto focus on/off at the moment but hopefully that's added to both in the future.
2022-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules