123Next >
16013 87 2020-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans959fef65
lvl.1
Flight distance : 300512 ft
United States

I absolutely HATE HATE HATE the new attitude indicator.  OK, that's too strong. I like it as an additional view, but not as a replacement.  I REALLY rely on the relative orientation indicator to make sure I'm always pointing at the drone no matter whatever view I'm using at the time.
But, if that's all we get, we CAN'T have the controller orientation obscured by the homepoint.  Terrible Terrible Terrible.  

Best to add option to always have relative orientation indicator on screen at all times even if using this new attitude indicator.  Better yet, find another way to add attitude to screen icons.
2020-12-28
Use props
fansef56d112
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5412756 ft
Australia

I tried this new version 1.2.2. It flew well in both C and P mode but in S mode my gimbal move randomly. It does not do that with older version 1.2.1. My is Mavic Mini 1 and all firmware and compass are up to date and calibrated.
2020-12-29
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

MavicMats Posted at 12-27 15:23
Thank's for your conclusion of your experience.
Hope the application is better than 1.2.1 what matter the tendens to crash.

2020-12-29
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Because i didn't install yet on my Android phone, i have question.

Is it now possible to zoom in photo mode after the FW update, like it is on the mini 2 ?
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_oGrDNPjsCo2d
lvl.1
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-23 04:38
I see 1.2.2 is out for Apple products but not yet released for android.  Hopefully soon.

Go to DJI. COM and just below the apple is the Android version.
2020-12-29
Use props
MartG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 372533 ft
United Kingdom

The new attitude indicator utterly fails at its most important task, which is to tell you which way to point your antenna in a way which is clearly visible on a phone screen.

Please reinstate the old indicator !
2020-12-29
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

I very much miss the "old" position indicator.  It is nice that the new one has attitude indicated, but it completely FAILS with regards to the Home point covering the RC location/orientation indicator.  Why can't we have BOTH of them (old and new)?  Just add an option in settings.  I want the old indicator back!
2020-12-29
Use props
Learts Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153182 ft

Brazil

After upgrading the Dji Fly application to version 1.2.2 on Android it presents small freezes in the image transmitted to my phone screen, some frozen images of up to 7 seconds this does not happen in the previous version Dji Fly 1.2.1

MAVIC AIR 2
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0511
Remote Controller: v02.00.1200
DJI Fly App Android: v1.2.2 - Bug
DJI Fly App Android: v1.2.1 - Normal

I downgraded to version 1.2.1 and returned it to normal.

When will a stable version be released for Mavic Air 2?
2020-12-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oGrDNPjsCo2d Posted at 12-29 12:53
Go to DJI. COM and just below the apple is the Android version.

Thanks, got it.
2020-12-30
Use props
stan33
lvl.1

France

I also find difficult to point the RC on the drone direction with the new radar, and I think it is really critical to point the RC to the proper direction. Can I safely downgrade to the previous version ?
2020-12-30
Use props
VictorMike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2616266 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just took the mini 2 up for a flight after updating everything and it looks like the controller and iPhone lost their ability to connect. Restarted the phone, nothing. Aircraft RTH on its own as designed and I was able to use just the controller to land, but the controller required a full restart for it to ask if I wanted to enter the app. If true ATTI mode activated I would have been dead in the water. Might be a good bug to fix.
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_WgGOiU1rVaVa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30075 ft

Spain

For when an update of the Dji Fly that includes being able to specify in an easier way, by means of a numeric keyboard or arrows that raise or lower the numbers of the maximum altitude, the maximum distance the altitude of the RTH in the first tracking tab, in the flight protection section???
It's difficult for those of us with big fingers like sausage.

Para cuando una actualización del Dji Fly en la que se incluya poder especificar de forma más fácil, mediante un teclado numérico o flechas que suban o bajen los números de la altitud máxima, la distancia máxima  la altitud del RTH  en la primera pestaña de seguimiento, en el apartado de protección de vuelo.???
Es difícil para los que tenemos dedos grandes como salchichas.
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_nO2RdSW5BSUg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

After updating to Fly 1.2.2, today I made three flights with my mini 2 up to 4.5km. Everything was ok, except for error 40011 which I fixed. In sport mode, I had max. 10m / s but it's probably because it was a bit windy today. Besides, I didn't notice anything wrong. No indicator at the bottom of the screen, a bit annoying. Well...
2020-12-30
Use props
djiuser_FoLLtAiWBATy
New
Flight distance : 58146 ft
United States

Lisa3 Posted at 12-23 14:27
I had a flight today with the new app.
The customizable additions are what is noted.
The orientation arc on the bottom center of the screen is gone, no where to be found. I used to see it with the map reduced but nope, gone.

I have the same problem but no solution
2020-12-30
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_FoLLtAiWBATy Posted at 12-30 16:00
I have the same problem but no solution

If you’re looking for the the attitude indicator go to the medium map view in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
Tap the lower right hand corner of the map and you will see the attitude indicator.
Members helped me find.
Not sure if that’s what you meant by same problem.
2020-12-30
Use props
lakechet
New
United States

Lisa3 Posted at 12-30 16:19
If you’re looking for the the attitude indicator go to the medium map view in the lower left hand corner of the screen.
Tap the lower right hand corner of the map and you will see the attitude indicator.
Members helped me find.

The direction arrow is my problem.  Thanks.
2020-12-30
Use props
lakechet
New
United States

Pappy3 Posted at 12-27 16:26
I created a video showing the new Attitude indicator in use and why it's a poor replacement for RC antenna alignment assistance with the aircraft. Fortunately there is an alternative in maps.https://youtu.be/ORbSTt3Ht1M

Thanks and Happy New Year.
2020-12-30
Use props
Lisa3
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lakechet Posted at 12-30 16:26
The direction arrow is my problem.  Thanks.

Oh, okay, sorry.
Looks like you received the answer to your question.
2020-12-30
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Pappy3 Posted at 12-27 16:26
I created a video showing the new Attitude indicator in use and why it's a poor replacement for RC antenna alignment assistance with the aircraft. Fortunately there is an alternative in maps.https://youtu.be/ORbSTt3Ht1M

Hey Pappy3

Just tried the Android version of 1.2.2 from DJI servers. I assume you are using IOS? It doesn't look as though on the Android version we have that RED line which you can use to orientate the controller like you do? Is that native to IOS or some setting you selected in settings (to display the red line)?
2020-12-30
Use props
majcenf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 311959 ft
Slovenia

Made an upgrade. The only problem is the stability of the program, because during the flight and recording, the screen of the phone turned black 3 times. This has not happened to me before. Thanks
2020-12-31
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Bussty Posted at 12-30 19:55
Hey Pappy3

Just tried the Android version of 1.2.2 from DJI servers. I assume you are using IOS? It doesn't look as though on the Android version we have that RED line which you can use to orientate the controller like you do? Is that native to IOS or some setting you selected in settings (to display the red line)?

No, I'm running Android 10 on  a Samsung Galaxy A71 and I updated to 1.2.2 from the DJI downloads page. Not sure why you would not see the red rubber band line that connects between the aircraft and the controller. You may want to try playing back the video in slow motion when I switch from the Attitude indicator to the map to make sure you select the same options as shown in the video. You can also try going full screen with the map to see if it shows then. If it's not raining in the morning I'll see if I can turn the red line off and on. It's always been on for me.
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_ZvkMyqntIKGB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20719 ft
Indonesia

for android
https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/3b03cb95-bc4b-4b62-b4ab-9cf977d77309
2020-12-31
Use props
djiuser_mvWqVy3GRe4H
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4802927 ft
Greece

The new 1.2.2 attitude indicator is absolutely a good update. It is very critical to know at any time whats the drone's tilt attitude for understanding the wind direction and approximately the wind force.
There is also a small blue arrow that shows you how to point the rc to the drone. Love it.
2020-12-31
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Pappy3 Posted at 12-31 01:28
No, I'm running Android 10 on  a Samsung Galaxy A71 and I updated to 1.2.2 from the DJI downloads page. Not sure why you would not see the red rubber band line that connects between the aircraft and the controller. You may want to try playing back the video in slow motion when I switch from the Attitude indicator to the map to make sure you select the same options as shown in the video. You can also try going full screen with the map to see if it shows then. If it's not raining in the morning I'll see if I can turn the red line off and on. It's always been on for me.

Hey Pappy3 I think I have worked it out, app must show different map for Mavic Mini which I'm flying.

Thanks for looking though...
2020-12-31
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Been flying today and despite having old app 121 drone fw. update was displayed...
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_GttPRp3U4DXt
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It's not on playstore yet, BUT if you go on the download section on this site you can download the APK
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_oJCOGWTRDLw0
lvl.1

Canada

Hello there! New Mini 2 owner (my first DJI drone) and new to this forum.

Can someone tell my why the new DJI Fly app version 1.2.2 is NOT available on the Google Play Store while previous versions were, even though it's been out for over a week on their web site? And is this a frequent thing that DJI releases Android apps on their web site that are not approved on the Google Play Store?

It's just that I HATE installing apps that are not on the Google Play Store and have not been vetted and approved to be safe and stable, especially when previous versions of the same app were. There is a reason why these stores exist and we don't just install anything from any source.

Thanks and have a nice day!
2021-1-1
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

djiuser_oJCOGWTRDLw0 Posted at 1-1 11:38
Hello there! New Mini 2 owner (my first DJI drone) and new to this forum.

Can someone tell my why the new DJI Fly app version 1.2.2 is NOT available on the Google Play Store while previous versions were, even though it's been out for over a week on their web site? And is this a frequent thing that DJI releases Android apps on their web site that are not approved on the Google Play Store?

If you will read the whole thread, you will get the answers you asking for.

BTW. This thread is mainly ment for the Air 2
2021-1-1
Use props
agreekinthehague
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3166726 ft
Greece

Had two crashes on two different days. Always on the third battery of the series. Uninstalled and installed again. Will try again at some point next days.
2021-1-1
Use props
agreekinthehague
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3166726 ft
Greece

majcenf Posted at 2020-12-31 01:14
Made an upgrade. The only problem is the stability of the program, because during the flight and recording, the screen of the phone turned black 3 times. This has not happened to me before. Thanks

Had the same mate!
2021-1-1
Use props
Hayseed
lvl.1
United States

The GPS tracks get lost on the Google Satellite map. We should be able to change the color of the GPS tracks. A blue track on a green satellite maps gets lost. If you have only one color make it red.
2021-1-1
Use props
Pappy3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

Bussty Posted at 2020-12-31 16:39
Hey Pappy3 I think I have worked it out, app must show different map for Mavic Mini which I'm flying.

Thanks for looking though...

I did try to turn the red line on/off, but it was always on. I could erase the bread crumb line (blue line). You maybe right that this is a feature of the Mavic Air 2 and is unavailable for the Mini.
2021-1-1
Use props
djiuser_s0dRaTKo42Ck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3498924 ft
Romania

I saw on Mini 2 zoom for foto with last update,how come? I want zoom for foto on Air 2 too. 1000$ vs 500 it is unfair !!!
2021-1-2
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I like free hyperlapse so I gave the cruise control  in free mode a try.
You can set the max speed in the neighborhood of 2 -5 mph but you still have to hold the stick forward.
This is not cruise control as I interpret, I was thinking it would fly at a set speed without stick input.
Anybody else try this added function, am I missing something?
2021-1-3
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 1-3 05:37
I like free hyperlapse so I gave the cruise control  in free mode a try.
You can set the max speed in the neighborhood of 2 -5 mph but you still have to hold the stick forward.
This is not cruise control as I interpret, I was thinking it would fly at a set speed without stick input.

Hi Karen,

Mybe this video i found might help.

2021-1-3
Use props
Lisa3 AKA Karen
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 1-3 10:30
Hi Karen,

Mybe this video i found might help.

Wow, did I miss anything, sure did.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this guide.

I really need to get my head out of my ass and start searching YouTube before blindly tapping on the screen.

Can I send you some cookies as an appreciation?

Thank you,

Karen
2021-1-3
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Lisa3 AKA Karen Posted at 1-3 10:43
Wow, did I miss anything, sure did.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post this guide.

Many thanks for the offer, but i have had enought cockies and chocolate during x-mas holidays.
2021-1-4
Use props
cLaNzKiLLeR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1360007 ft
Malaysia

Hope this animated + real time video can help to visualize and understand it better.

As for troubleshooting and to find the causes.

2021-1-6
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

I just found a video on youtube about an issue with the obstical avoidance on the Android version.

2021-1-6
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

MySky Posted at 1-6 08:18
I just found a video on youtube about an issue with the obstical avoidance on the Android version.

https://youtu.be/KZImTp2lEwg

I don't think that this is "solution" - I believe when You power on the aircraft it always starts in N mode (despite the remote button position).
2021-1-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules