Top speed issue in p mode
1530 21 2020-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2278898 ft
United Kingdom

I have this issue now with my m2p in p mode where as soon as i get to 30mph the drone stops and gives me a return sticks to centre then i can go again until i hit 30mph. This also happens when doing a RTH where it will stop several times on the way home. Do not get the problem in S mode. It does it at any height. I have reinstalled firmware and software. Any ideas.?
2020-12-23
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried downgrading the firmware to the previous version to see if the latest firmware is causing the issue.
2020-12-23
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like the obstacle sensors causing a braking.
Disable the avoidance sensors and try it.  If that works, recalibrate them.

Its relatively common if theres a lot of glare from water, snow, low sun and so on.  
2020-12-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you have some spare props,  I'd change them and retest.
2020-12-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your issue has nothing to do with firmware or propellers and everything to do with obstacle avoidance.
(Even if the moderator suggests it - why do they give such poor advice?)

Do some testing and you'll notice that it only happens when the drone is flying towards whatever is setting the OA off (commonly a low, bright sun).
Fly the drone in a different direction and it won't happen.
If OA is not needed, you can disable it and enjoy the extra speed.
2020-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there RK7dronzy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and try to calibrate the sensors of the said DJI drone to see is the issue will still persist? Thank you.
2020-12-23
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 12-23 08:54
Sounds like the obstacle sensors causing a braking.
Disable the avoidance sensors and try it.  If that works, recalibrate them.

Thanks thats what i was wondering as it does not do it in sports mode where the sensors are disabled.
2020-12-24
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-23 19:54
Hello there RK7dronzy. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and try to calibrate the sensors of the said DJI drone to see is the issue will still persist? Thank you.

Thankyou Stephen i have reinstalled the software but recalibrating is not possible due to dji assistant not recognising the screen resolution on window 10 and if you input the res it still does not work. I assume that the front sensors must be the problem as there is not a problem in sports mode.
2020-12-24
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-23 14:08
Your issue has nothing to do with firmware or propellers and everything to do with obstacle avoidance.
(Even if the moderator suggests it - why do they give such poor advice?)

Thanks but it seems to happen in any direction any time of day so it seems like an issue with the front sensors as it does not do it in sports mode.
2020-12-24
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 09:26
If you have some spare props,  I'd change them and retest.

Thanks but the props are newish only a few hours on them.
2020-12-24
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cavu Films Posted at 12-23 08:50
Have you tried downgrading the firmware to the previous version to see if the latest firmware is causing the issue.

Thanks but no i have not tried downgrading only reinstalling.
2020-12-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

RK7dronzy Posted at 12-24 04:31
Thanks but it seems to happen in any direction any time of day so it seems like an issue with the front sensors as it does not do it in sports mode.

Then clean and recalibrate the OA sensors.
2020-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RK7dronzy Posted at 12-24 04:32
Thanks but the props are newish only a few hours on them.

It doesn't take much for them to get slightly deformed,  Ive had a similar issue where the props got caught coming out of the bag and I got lots of attitude warning and motor over speed warning until I replaced them.
2020-12-24
Use props
RK7dronzy
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 05:36
It doesn't take much for them to get slightly deformed,  Ive had a similar issue where the props got caught coming out of the bag and I got lots of attitude warning and motor over speed warning until I replaced them.

Thanks, well that was interesting having swapped the newish props with old ones that have done over 80 hours and done a inconsistent firmware update i had no trouble maintaining 30mph so swapped props with newer ones and now mysteriously they can maintain 30mph. WTF. Pehaps i should have just given the drone a good talking to. Oh well thanks all for the input.
2020-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RK7dronzy Posted at 12-24 07:48
Thanks, well that was interesting having swapped the newish props with old ones that have done over 80 hours and done a inconsistent firmware update i had no trouble maintaining 30mph so swapped props with newer ones and now mysteriously they can maintain 30mph. WTF. Pehaps i should have just given the drone a good talking to. Oh well thanks all for the input.

It only takes a little twist and the angle on the blades gets pushed off little.    If you've got80 hours on the old ones Id recommend you get some new ones soon.
2020-12-24
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Still odds on it being obstacle sensors.
Flight/light conditions with new props are likely different from the old flight.
Correlation v Causation.
2020-12-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 07:56
It only takes a little twist and the angle on the blades gets pushed off little.    If you've got80 hours on the old ones Id recommend you get some new ones soon.

The issue has nothing to do with props.
Props don't stop a drone in flight.
You are only distracting the OP with continuing to go on about props. as they are completely irrelevant to his issue.
2020-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-24 17:15
The issue has nothing to do with props.
Props don't stop a drone in flight.
You are only distracting the OP with continuing to go on about props. as they are completely irrelevant to his issue.

But he put the old props back on and it fixed the issue.  Also I have had a similar issue and changing the props fixed it.  hmmmmm
2020-12-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-25 03:17
But he put the old props back on and it fixed the issue.  Also I have had a similar issue and changing the props fixed it.  hmmmmm

His issue was obstacle avoidance and it sounds like yours was too if it was stopping the drone with a message to return sticks to the centre.
It was not due to the state of his props and it was just coincidence that it didn't occur on a flight after changing props.
2020-12-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-25 05:19
His issue was obstacle avoidance and it sounds like yours was too if it was stopping the drone with a message to return sticks to the centre.
It was not due to the state of his props and it was just coincidence that it didn't occur on a flight after changing props.

Sadly in my case I swapped props back and forth and recreate the issue. I also on a number of occasions during testing got motor over speed warnings too.
2020-12-25
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 12-25 07:51
Sadly in my case I swapped props back and forth and recreate the issue. I also on a number of occasions during testing got motor over speed warnings too.

Motor speed warnings are usually a prop issue.
But stopping a moving drone in its tracks and advising to return sticks to the centre is an obstacle avoidance issue.
That he doesn't get this happening in sport mode, confirms that its an OA issue too.

2020-12-25
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 12-25 13:15
Motor speed warnings are usually a prop issue.always
But stopping a moving drone in its tracks and advising to return sticks to the centre is an obstacle avoidance issue.
That he doesn't get this happening in sport mode, confirms that its an OA issue too.

This exactly.

Which is why step 1 is disable OA and test.
Step 2 recalibrate OA.

Every single time i see it (and its common) its low sun angle, reflections of water, snow and so on.
2020-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules