Downgrade the firmware
7746 14 2020-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bubi88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26578 ft
Germany

How is it possible to install the old firmware?

2020-12-23
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

It’s not, DJI Assistant doesn’t work for the Mini 2 yet
2020-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Why would you want that?
2020-12-23
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 12-23 13:54
Why would you want that?

This is the question I've always wanted to ask. If there are known problems with a current firmware, then it is DJI's responsibility to release a newer version to eliminate the problems. As a consumer I cannot see the logic behind downgrading firmware to solve known problems of a product which is still in production.
2020-12-23
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Monkey007 Posted at 12-23 14:33
This is the question I've always wanted to ask. If there are known problems with a current firmware, then it is DJI's responsibility to release a newer version to eliminate the problems. As a consumer I cannot see the logic behind downgrading firmware to solve known problems of a product which is still in production.

well, as a tempory solution if the problem is that severe you.
I did that too in the past with some routers, because they had a severe flauw in the version that made a needed function unstable and not workable.
Until now, I did not have to use a downgrade with DJI products yet. One time I needed to reinstall a version by using the Assistent. The reason for that was I downloaded a version directly thru wifi on my SC and it seemed not to be installed good. A reinstall solved the problem.
2020-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information you have posted. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend to downgrade the firmware of the said DJI Drone and if there is a new update for the DJI Mavic Mini DJI recommend to do the update. In addition, DJI often release firmware updates for DJI products to fix bugs, improve functions and add news features as well. Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-12-23
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

sorry mistake.....
2020-12-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Monkey007 Posted at 12-23 14:33

I never had issues with FW updates.
I know they were there in the past, but not with the more recent FW updates.
2020-12-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

JohnDG Posted at 12-23 15:55
well, as a tempory solution if the problem is that severe you.
I did that too in the past with some routers, because they had a severe flauw in the version that made a needed function unstable and not workable.
Until now, I did not have to use a downgrade with DJI products yet. One time I needed to reinstall a version by using the Assistent. The reason for that was I downloaded a version directly thru wifi on my SC and it seemed not to be installed good. A reinstall solved the problem.

I remember with the 'older' drones there used to be issues, but I did not encounter them myself with any of my FW updates the last 4 years.
Always up to date.
2020-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The latest firmwares across various models have blocked down grading.
2020-12-24
Use props
Bubi88
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26578 ft
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 12-24 01:35
The latest firmwares across various models have blocked down grading.

Why would I want to do  that?
look:

decreased Range

It's not the first time that updates from DJI have errors...
2020-12-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bubi88 Posted at 12-24 01:52
Why would I want to do  that?
look:

Turn on local data mode and you won't be prompted for upgrades.
2020-12-24
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-23 20:46
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information you have posted. Just a reminder that DJI does not recommend to downgrade the firmware of the said DJI Drone and if there is a new update for the DJI Mavic Mini DJI recommend to do the update. In addition, DJI often release firmware updates for DJI products to fix bugs, improve functions and add news features as well. Thank you and fly safe always.

Yes but never be the first to do an update. Let the buggs be found out before you do it.

If it aint broke dont fix it
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_FVXkWCFHeZUb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164147 ft
United States

Need to Uninstall mini 2 upgrade. I no longer own the mini 2 but every time I open app it asks to install how do I get rid of it.
2021-7-11
Use props
Gregotec
lvl.2
Flight distance : 816434 ft
Brazil

Firmware 1.4 acabou com mini 2, atualizei para a 1.5 não adiantou, mini 2 somente funciona em 2.4ghz
Screenshot_2022-06-24-11-09-28-956_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
Screenshot_2022-06-24-11-07-35-672_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules