No startup tone on power up after stored
2974 9 2020-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_qCseGWqFCF50
lvl.1
Flight distance : 99688 ft
United States

I'm having in issue with my MM2.  After being stored for a few days, i power it up and get not startup tone each time for about 6 or 7 tries.  When there is no startup tone, DJI Fly shows the camera video but shows a red error "power connection error, please restart your drone".  After messing with it several times when i finally get the startup tone all is good for the rest of the day, battery swaps, off for a short period, no problems after that, startup tone every time.  Then when i store without a battery for a few days, same issue, takes 6 to 7 power ups to finally get the tone.  When no startup tone the drone seems fine but the power connection error.  Doesn't seem to be cables or anything.  Any ideas?  Something I didnt read?  I just did the most recent firmware update, maybe that will resolve.  But any feedback appreciated.

Thanks
2020-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the connector pins of your DJI Mini 2 and the DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight batteries if it is free if dirt to ensure the right contact between the said DJI drone and it's battery. In addition I will post some information below on DJI Mini 2 Intelligent flight battery guidelines for reference. Thank you.

2020-12-23
Use props
Ripp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-23 21:42
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please check the connector pins of your DJI Mini 2 and the DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight batteries if it is free if dirt to ensure the right contact between the said DJI drone and it's battery. In addition I will post some information below on DJI Mini 2 Intelligent flight battery guidelines for reference. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks for the reply.  I have done all that.  Only seems to do it when I've stored for a day or more.  After about 5 or 6 times powering it on it works, and then it works for the rest of the day on every power on and even after battery changes.
2020-12-23
Use props
Paveld20
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482448 ft
Czechia

Hi. I had a similar problem. In the end, I returned the Mini 2 to the seller.
2020-12-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ripp Posted at 12-23 21:45
Thanks for the reply.  I have done all that.  Only seems to do it when I've stored for a day or more.  After about 5 or 6 times powering it on it works, and then it works for the rest of the day on every power on and even after battery changes.

Hi there Ripp. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information. If incase that this issue happened again. Kindly please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-12-24
Use props
Ripp
lvl.1
United States

Paveld20 Posted at 12-24 07:08
Hi. I had a similar problem. In the end, I returned the Mini 2 to the seller.

Hi, thanks for reply.  I'm going to do that if it persists.
2020-12-25
Use props
Ripp
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-24 23:45
Hi there Ripp. Thank you for the reply and for the additional information. If incase that this issue happened again. Kindly please contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Will do.  I just did a firmware update on the aircraft, and the batteries got a new firmware update yesterday.  I will let you know if the problem goes away.
2020-12-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Ripp Posted at 12-25 17:57
Will do.  I just did a firmware update on the aircraft, and the batteries got a new firmware update yesterday.  I will let you know if the problem goes away.

Hi there Ripp. Thank you for the reply and please keep us posted for further assistance. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-12-28
Use props
Ripp
lvl.1
United States

Update:  Problem resolved.  I had a new firmware update for the drone, and for the batteries.  I have several batteries and it looked like a couple of them needed a firmware update as well.  I haven't had any problems since.  Problem resolved.     Thanks for all your help guys
2021-1-6
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

FYI, for people that are troubleshooting this same error. It is also possible that one (or more) motors are defective. One bad motor will prevent the startup chime and throw the "power connection error". So, it's not always a defective ESC board.
2023-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules