Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini Charging Base not charging?
4531 18 2020-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ttsyny
lvl.2
United States

Hi,

I ordered a Mavic Mini bundle from Costoco. The Mini flys well, but the charging base comes with it does not do well.

It worked for about an hour or so, then the charging stopped. The drone's charging lights went off. I used a normal USB cable to charge the drone, and it charged fine with the USB cable, charging lights went on and blinking, but the charging base does not charge. The light on the charging base was on, but the charging lights on the drone itself did not light up any more. Now I have to use a normal USB cable to charge it, but the charging base looks really cool, if only it works. :-(

Any ideas how to fix this? Or my only option is to exchange one from Costco?

Thanks.
2020-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ttsyny. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different USB cable and a charging brick to see if the issue will still persist?  Just a reminder that when using the DJI Mavic Mini Charging Base, you should use the DJI 18 W USB Charger and Mavic Mini's standard charging cable. Thank you.
2020-12-23
Use props
ttsyny
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-23 21:50
Hello there ttsyny. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Have you tried using a different USB cable and a charging brick to see if the issue will still persist?  Just a reminder that when using the DJI Mavic Mini Charging Base, you should use the DJI 18 W USB Charger and Mavic Mini's standard charging cable. Thank you.

Indeed I changed several usb cables and chargers, all the same result: the charging base does not charge at all. I used 8w, 12w, and 20w usb chargers. The charger base’s circular light is on, but no longer charging.

The fact that it charged for a while then stopped charging in the middle let me suspect something inside went wrong …
2020-12-23
Use props
ttsyny
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-23 21:50

Indeed I changed several usb cables and chargers, all the same result: the charging base does not charge at all. I used 8w, 12w, and 20w usb chargers. The charger base’s circular light is on, but no longer charging.

The fact that it charged for a while then stopped charging in the middle let me suspect something inside went wrong …
2020-12-23
Use props
Scott Hamilton4
New

Canada

I to have the same issue.  
Stopped working after 2days
Now won’t charge on base
2020-12-29
Use props
ttsyny
lvl.2
United States

Scott Hamilton4 Posted at 2020-12-29 22:15
Now won’t charge on base

Did you purchase the bundle from Costco?
2021-1-4
Use props
northrock
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203976 ft
United States

ttsyny Posted at 1-4 10:57

I had the same problem. The charging base stopped working in less than 6 months ( i am using the same cable, same charging head). I can only charge the battery within the drone now. The charging base still lights up, but does not charge the battery.
Here comes my odyssey to repair the base:
I contacted Costco first, and was told they can not do anything because it is over 90 day return. Since I am an executive member, I was referred to Costco Concierge Services, and the only thing Costco Concierge Services  did  was referring me to DJI support.  
I contacted DJI support, and was asked to mail my charging base back.  Then I was contacted by DJI support again, saying DJI actually can not repair the base, because it was not manufactured by DJI. I shall contact the third party (Telesin?) for repairing.
I tried to reach Telesin, their website did not even load...
Ok, enough is enough. I will bring the damn charging base to Costco. If the support guy does not care, I will write a letter to Jim Sinegal.  
2021-2-3
Use props
ttsyny
lvl.2
United States

northrock Posted at 2-3 00:20
I had the same problem. The charging base stopped working in less than 6 months ( i am using the same cable, same charging head). I can only charge the battery within the drone now. The charging base still lights up, but does not charge the battery.
Here comes my odyssey to repair the base:
I contacted Costco first, and was told they can not do anything because it is over 90 day return. Since I am an executive member, I was referred to Costco Concierge Services, and the only thing Costco Concierge Services  did  was referring me to DJI support.  

Fortunately (!?), my charging station broke within two weeks of the purchase. I was able to get a replacement from Costco. The replacement unit has a working charge base, but I am not sure how long it will last. Seems this third-party charge base is not reliable at all.
2021-2-3
Use props
saisiv
New
United States

I have EXACTLY the same issue. It works for a couple minutes after i jiggle the drone on the base, then goes back to the slow blink. I wonder if the "mag safe" connector just has too much resistance? it would be wonderful if there were a way to charge the battery outside the drone.
2021-6-18
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

Are you sure you put the USB Cable in correctly?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ttsyny Posted at 2-3 11:56
Fortunately (!?), my charging station broke within two weeks of the purchase. I was able to get a replacement from Costco. The replacement unit has a working charge base, but I am not sure how long it will last. Seems this third-party charge base is not reliable at all.

That's why you should get the original charging base
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Scott Hamilton4 Posted at 2020-12-29 22:15
Now won’t charge on base

Are you sure it isn't faulty?
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ttsyny Posted at 1-4 10:57

It might be 3rd party so it could be faulty
2021-7-3
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Are you sure you put the USB Cable in correctly?
2021-7-3
Use props
ttsyny
lvl.2
United States

saisiv Posted at 6-18 19:48
I have EXACTLY the same issue. It works for a couple minutes after i jiggle the drone on the base, then goes back to the slow blink. I wonder if the "mag safe" connector just has too much resistance? it would be wonderful if there were a way to charge the battery outside the drone.

In the end, I just use the normal USB for charging. The magnetic connector and the fancy stand is simply too fragile to be practical. I will use charging hub instead of this fancy looking thingy.
2021-7-12
Use props
ttsyny
lvl.2
United States

Alvara74 Posted at 7-3 09:56
It might be 3rd party so it could be faulty

The fancy charging station from the Costco DJI Mavic Mini bundle is a third-part one.
2021-7-12
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ttsyny Posted at 7-12 08:09
In the end, I just use the normal USB for charging. The magnetic connector and the fancy stand is simply too fragile to be practical. I will use charging hub instead of this fancy looking thingy.

Yeah, I think that might be a good route to go unless you wanna show off your drone
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

On display obviously
2021-7-13
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ttsyny Posted at 7-12 08:12
The fancy charging station from the Costco DJI Mavic Mini bundle is a third-part one.

Yeah, its probably a faulty one. You might as well get one from DJI
2021-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules