Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it possible to lock the pan axis?
12Next >
17852 61 2020-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to do a quick pan around a corner and whenever I do this the RS2 isn't able to pan over fast enough, even with the follow speed at 100 and sports mode on.

Why can't I just lock the pan axis with the knob?

When I did this the RS2 shut off due to protection, but why isn't this implamented?

Am I missing something? Is there a way to achieve this? Is there a way to turn off the pan axis motor so it can be locked?

Thank you.

To be clear I want everything to be stabilized as it should however I don't want the Pan axis to move at all.

2020-12-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, you can open the Ronin App-User Profile - select 'Custom' to enable/disable any axis as you wish. See the attached picture below:

Thanks
2020-12-24
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

Thanks DJI Panda!

I did not exhaust all of my options. I apologize for overlooking however, I greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Lastly,  

Is it possible to have a tilt or pan only mode with the joystick?

Sometimes when I want to move it on the X axis  I also move it on the Y axis is there a feature that makes it possible so you only can move it on one access?
2020-12-24
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RS2 Owner Posted at 12-24 07:34
Thanks DJI Panda!

I did not exhaust all of my options. I apologize for overlooking however, I greatly appreciate your help.

Hi RS 2 Owner:

From the User Profile select Control.  The select the tab that says Motion.  Here you can adjust the joystick axis speed to zero for the axis that you do not want to move.

Hope this helps.

Don Barar
2020-12-24
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-24 00:46
Hello there, you can open the Ronin App-User Profile - select 'Custom' to enable/disable any axis as you wish. See the attached picture below:
[view_image]

Hey there I was actually not able to disable the pan motor the lowest it goes is to 1.

I want to disable the pan motor and lock it in place
2020-12-26
Use props
FVP
lvl.4
  • >>>
France

Already asked.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
2020-12-27
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

FVP Posted at 12-27 03:43
Already asked.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=229921&extra=page%3D1

Thank you.

This feature should already be implemented, I’m really surprised it’s not.

It’s very crucial.

I commented on your post. Please share it more, let’s get more attention to it so they can add this IMPORTANT feature.
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_8viSe7tu6M8t
New

United Kingdom

Hi, I was reading the comment and I have the same problem. I try to do to orbit move with rs2 and I can lock the pan axis. How I can do it? I did switch off on the App but nothing. Thank you
2021-4-2
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_8viSe7tu6M8t Posted at 4-2 10:13
Hi, I was reading the comment and I have the same problem. I try to do to orbit move with rs2 and I can lock the pan axis. How I can do it? I did switch off on the App but nothing. Thank you

I did get a new firmware update however this crucial feature was not implemented. If a DJI coder or higher up is reading this please take this into consideration.

What we are asking for is this:

TILT & ROLL motors remain functioning.

The PAN motor is completely TURNED OFF or in "SLEEP MODE" and can be LOCKED in place.

This allows camera stabilization while still allowing the user pan at their own speed.

I would greatly appreciate if this feature were implemented and I am sure others would too.

Thank you!
2021-4-2
Use props
djiuser_8viSe7tu6M8t
New

United Kingdom

RS2 Owner Posted at 4-2 11:19
I did get a new firmware update however this crucial feature was not implemented. If a DJI coder or higher up is reading this please take this into consideration.

What we are asking for is this:

Hi,so basically can we lock it or no? Because im trying and trying and i can't lock the axis. Thanks
2021-4-2
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_8viSe7tu6M8t Posted at 4-2 22:49
Hi,so basically can we lock it or no? Because im trying and trying and i can't lock the axis. Thanks

Still waiting to hear back myself.
2021-4-3
Use props
vstrglv
lvl.2
Russia

RS2 Owner Posted at 4-3 11:14
Still waiting to hear back myself.

According to user manual "Press and hold Trigger button to enter Lock mode" p.19. Not convenient to hold of course.
2021-4-5
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

vstrglv Posted at 4-5 04:19
According to user manual "Press and hold Trigger button to enter Lock mode" p.19. Not convenient to hold of course.

Thank you for your help! Unfortunately this isn’t what we’re talking about. We want the pan motor completely turned off so we can lock it in place with the lock switch.
2021-4-5
Use props
fans5defcc00
lvl.2
Russia

RS2 Owner Posted at 4-5 05:48
Thank you for your help! Unfortunately this isn’t what we’re talking about. We want the pan motor completely turned off so we can lock it in place with the lock switch.

Why don't you use a way proposed by DJI Wanda in thread No2? It works, I have tested.
2021-4-6
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

fans5defcc00 Posted at 4-6 02:24
Why don't you use a way proposed by DJI Wanda in thread No2? It works, I have tested.

The way DJI Wanda proposed doesn’t work for what we are asking for and I’m not quite sure you understand either.
2021-4-6
Use props
fans5defcc00
lvl.2
Russia

RS2 Owner Posted at 4-6 05:23
The way DJI Wanda proposed doesn’t work for what we are asking for and I’m not quite sure you understand either.

Now I understand your problem. Lock pan axis means that you want pan following without any delay.
2021-4-6
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

Correct! And this could be made possible by putting the pan motor to sleep or off and allowing the user to lock it Centered with the lock switch.

If there is a beta firmware of this i would be happy to test it and share results.
2021-4-6
Use props
GuiCostaPHOTO
lvl.2
Brazil

The Ronin 2 has this function. It should not be difficult to implement on the RS2.

I am also waiting for this, because when you mount on a Steadicam, the pan axis is much better to do by hand.
2021-5-20
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

GuiCostaPHOTO Posted at 5-20 10:25
The Ronin 2 has this function. It should not be difficult to implement on the RS2.

I am also waiting for this, because when you mount on a Steadicam, the pan axis is much better to do by hand.

Yes thank you so much for expressing interest in this crucial feature that IS simple to implement!! I am glad we are not the only ones! Please make sure to express this and bump it to the higher ups so this update comes out!
2021-5-20
Use props
GuiCostaPHOTO
lvl.2
Brazil

This feature is essential for steadicam build. And with the announcement of Tilta Float, I wonder why it was not implemented.
2021-5-29
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

GuiCostaPHOTO Posted at 5-29 00:31
This feature is essential for steadicam build. And with the announcement of Tilta Float, I wonder why it was not implemented.

I agree, the pan axis lock feature should be implemented. Please share so they can include it in an update. DJI is awesome I am sure they will listen!
2021-5-29
Use props
keveneagmail.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175817 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi all, i need this also ! Please DJI, read us !
2021-8-17
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

keveneagmail.com Posted at 8-17 03:45
Hi all, i need this also ! Please DJI, read us !

DJI is awesome I’m sure they will soon! Keep on sharing and posting on this thread!
2021-8-17
Use props
JTLADP
New
United States

Cricket Cricket Cricket,
I don't think DJI are really concerned with this request.

I have spoken to several people and short of just going elsewhere, I'm not sure if we will see locked panning.
RS2 just floats way too much and it rarely comes back to dead center and that is not conducive to operating a Steadicam, it is always a few degrees off to the left or the right and panning, tilting no matter what the settings, always falls behind.

What are some other solutions out there?
JT
2021-9-23
Use props
fansca192ab4
New
Algeria

Hey all, i kinda found a way to lock the pan axis. Go to stifness and put it to 5 and strengh to 1 and you can lock the pan axis with no problem, i put the sped to 1 in case but i know it has no effect. I had it locked for a few hours and nothing happen and kept working fine. I hope it helps
2022-2-10
Use props
fansca192ab4
New
Algeria

RS2 Owner Posted at 2020-12-24 07:34
Thanks DJI Panda!

Did you find a way ?

If not go to user profile in the app, at the bottom click on control and disable channel 1 and 3
2022-2-10
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

fansca192ab4 Posted at 2-10 06:50
Did you find a way ?

If not go to user profile in the app, at the bottom click on control and disable channel 1 and 3

I don't think you are following what we are saying. by doing that that disables the JOYSTICK from panning or tilting..

The best solution so far is to set it to sports mode by holding the trigger and tapping the M.

What we want is the gimbal to be manually locked at the pan axis.
It's a simple string of code to disable the pan axis.
Just has to be implemented into the software.
2022-2-10
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

fansca192ab4 Posted at 2-10 06:50
Did you find a way ?

If not go to user profile in the app, at the bottom click on control and disable channel 1 and 3

I don't think you are following what we are saying. by doing that that disables the JOYSTICK from panning or tilting..

The best solution so far is to set it to sports mode by holding the trigger and tapping the M.

What we want is the gimbal to be manually locked at the pan axis.
It's a simple string of code to disable the pan axis.
Just has to be implemented into the software.
2022-2-10
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

JTLADP Posted at 2021-9-23 17:20
Cricket Cricket Cricket,
I don't think DJI are really concerned with this request.

Here is the interesting thing..

In the app they have something called push mode which " allows the gimbal to be adjusted manually"
When I set this to push pan mode I don't see a difference though..

In the new firmware update they have a steadicam mode now too but I don't know what that does either.

Ahh DJI please help!
2022-2-10
Use props
GuiCostaPHOTO
lvl.2
Brazil

fansca192ab4 Posted at 2-10 06:41
Hey all, i kinda found a way to lock the pan axis. Go to stifness and put it to 5 and strengh to 1 and you can lock the pan axis with no problem, i put the sped to 1 in case but i know it has no effect. I had it locked for a few hours and nothing happen and kept working fine. I hope it helps

My fear is that may burn the motor.

Anyone found a solution yet? Any word from DJI?
2022-3-5
Use props
CBAIRD254
New

United States

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been complaining about this since I got this gimbal a few months ago. It is almost unusable because it just drifts on the pan axis while making the smallest movements. I want to use it for the videos I film for work, and we do a lot of walking around for hours and hours. With the pan axis constantly moving or drifting and then not returning back to where it should, the footage almost always comes out ruined or needs to be heavily cut up and edited.

DJI: If you are reading this, PLEASE allow us to lock the pan axis with the physical lock so this gimbal will actually be usable. If there is no switch soon, I will sell it and get another brand gimbal.
2022-3-23
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

CBAIRD254 Posted at 3-23 09:20
I am so glad I found this forum. I have been complaining about this since I got this gimbal a few months ago. It is almost unusable because it just drifts on the pan axis while making the smallest movements. I want to use it for the videos I film for work, and we do a lot of walking around for hours and hours. With the pan axis constantly moving or drifting and then not returning back to where it should, the footage almost always comes out ruined or needs to be heavily cut up and edited.

DJI: If you are reading this, PLEASE allow us to lock the pan axis with the physical lock so this gimbal will actually be usable. If there is no switch soon, I will sell it and get another brand gimbal.

This!!!

Thank you for messaging on here. This needs to be brought to their attention. They added a function in the menus but it doesn’t do anything.

Please DJI please allow us to do this. It would mean so much.
2022-3-23
Use props
hadi.ahmadi
New

Netherlands

We want the gimbal to be manually locked at the pan axis. Now we cannot fix or completely or disable the pan motor and this is not good for this device!
Many others has the same problem with your device.

every body! please share the result...
2022-4-17
Use props
hadi.ahmadi
New

Netherlands

We want the gimbal to be manually locked at the pan axis. Now we cannot fix or completely or disable the pan motor and this is not good for this device!

every body! please share the result...

2022-4-17
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

Hey any DJI representative,

Will this feature be implemented on the RS2?

Is this feature on other models?

Please help/respond!

Thank you!
2022-7-4
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

hadi.ahmadi Posted at 4-17 20:08

DJI can you please update us?

Thank you!
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_u3CNGpNsKZMm
lvl.1

Qatar

I fully agree. DJI needs to add the feature to lock the PAN motor ONLY.

I use my DJI high up on a monopod during concerts, it keeps drifting left and right when I want it centered with the stage.

DJI what do you say???
2022-12-10
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_u3CNGpNsKZMm Posted at 12-10 05:25
I fully agree. DJI needs to add the feature to lock the PAN motor ONLY.

I use my DJI high up on a monopod during concerts, it keeps drifting left and right when I want it centered with the stage.

Please DJI,

So many people including myself are requesting this feature that should be there. It’s a simple set of code to add to a firmware update.

I will even beta test it for you!

How many more people need to come forth and ask about this? It’s not even in the RS3
2022-12-10
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128 ft
  • >>>
United States

Brother, good luck.
I've requested this feature a couple of years ago for the Ronin SC but they don't seem to even understand the importance, so I gave up.
In my case, I need to lock in place with the swith the Roll axis for PTZ purposes and to create spherical panoramas without having to balance the roll axis,  but for that, the axis motor has to be turned off first, which is the simple feature we are asking.

It is a simple request, and a very useful feature.
2022-12-11
Use props
RS2 Owner
lvl.2
United States

Barramundi Posted at 12-11 16:52
Brother, good luck.
I've requested this feature a couple of years ago for the Ronin SC but they don't seem to even understand the importance, so I gave up.
In my case, I need to lock in place with the swith the Roll axis for PTZ purposes and to create spherical panoramas without having to balance the roll axis,  but for that, the axis motor has to be turned off first, which is the simple feature we are asking.

I agree. Now that this thread is the first to pop up in google when searching about it, I think it helps.

I also think it helps that many people have now asked about this and DJI has no official response or advice that actually makes this work.

Why is DJI ignoring their customers?
2022-12-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules