Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Motionlapse and 4K Timelapse don't save correctly in Mimo
12Next >
12932 56 2020-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andylatchet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121637 ft
United States

In the DJI Mimo app, Motionlapses and 4K Timelapses do not save properly. They appear to play at regular video speed and they are very low quality. The Google Photos app thinks the messed up videos are in slow motion.After testing different modes and options, I found that lower resolution timelapse videos work fine, but motionlapses never work. The Osmo moves correctly and seems to work until it is finished. If the 'Creating Timelpase' message pops up the timelpase is created successfully, and on the failed videos it does not appear.

I know motionlapses were still working on my phone as of late July, so I tried installing old versions of the Mimo application. Even the old versions have similar problems, though.

I use a Google Pixel 3a phone running Android 11. Is the Mimo app compatible with Android 11? Are there any ways to fix the problem?
2020-12-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there andylatchet. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 3a ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3a will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _List_en_0526_1.pdf ). Thank you.
2020-12-24
Use props
andylatchet
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-24 20:59
Hello there andylatchet. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 3a ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3a will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0526_1.pdf ). Thank you.

I checked the list of compatible devices, but I don't have any of the devices on the list.
And I know it was working fine on this device several months ago, but then it stopped working.
2020-12-26
Use props
savagegrave38
New
United Kingdom

Good Afternoon,

As the OP has said, I too am having this issue with a Samsung S20 Ultra running Android 11.

Both timelapse and Motionlapse are doing exactly this:  Not saving the file correctly.  It is frustrating as I have wasted hours on creating the timelapse only for them to fail when playing back.

I have had the OM4 for about 3 months, and it was only since the last firmware update that problems have happend.  I have tried Un-installing the app and re-installing and resetting the gimble.  However there doesn't seem to be a fix.  4K, 1080 and 720p appear to have this fault.

While I can use filmic Pro with no problems, naturally the Motion Lapse feature was what drew me to your product in the first place.
2020-12-28
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

I have the same issue, S20 Ultra on Android 11.

Its a huge problem because wasting 30-60 minutes for a broken video file is really bad!
The issue at least for me seems to be that Mimo is recording a 10 minute video, then at the end attempting to turn that into a 40 second motion lapse, but instead of actually doing it, it just makes the video 40 seconds.

So what happens is when you play it, the video player attempts to play 10 minutes worth of video in 40 seconds.

Possibly you can manually fix the videos, but I haven't found a video editor that seems to understand the video.

The Mimo app does understand to some degree. While using the DJI Osmo in the camera section, it can see the 10 minute video and play it. If I try and access it without the hardware check in the front area of the mimo app, it comes up as a 40 second video.
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_JLsT3QVTjFw4
lvl.1

United States

I have this issue with my brand new Galaxy S21 Ultra! No idea what to do as this worked on my Note 8.
2021-2-2
Use props
djiuser_NuzNgooGDFkQ
lvl.1

Poland

I have the same problem!!
Osmo Mobile 4
Samsung S10+ (android 11)
2021-2-10
Use props
torque95
New
Flight distance : 1262818 ft
Latvia

Hi guys.

I'm having the same issue on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (Android 11), BUT I found an easy solution :

When You open the motionlapse video in the gallery (usually it doesn't play, but you can scroll through it on the timeline), just use the built-in video editor and change the video very slightly, so that it allows You to save it as a new version of the same video. For example, I usually change the temperature just a little bit. Then hit the Save button on top of the screen end let it render out. For a 30sec video, it'll take approx 10mins. The new motionlapse video should play just fine.

Hope this helps
2021-2-28
Use props
djiuser_n7m4UsBovooi
New

United States

Has anyone figured out a fix for this? I have the same issue.
2021-3-7
Use props
andylatchet
lvl.1
United States

torque95 Posted at 2-28 08:28
Hi guys.

I'm having the same issue on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (Android 11), BUT I found an easy solution :

I tried your procedure and it does convert the broken video to a working timelapse. However, the resulting video is very low quality. For now, my only good alternative is to use my old Nexus 5X that runs Android 8. On that phone, the motionlapse works just fine.

DJI really needs to get Mimo working with Android 11.
2021-3-8
Use props
djiuser_a0igKOey2Zqf
lvl.1
Germany

Der Fehler ist bekannt bei DJI. Der Support schrieb mir:

Sehr geehrter Herr Brand,

vielen Dank für Ihre Geduld. Bezüglich Ihrer Anfrage habe ich nun eine Antwort von der zuständigen Abteilung erhalten.

Das Problem hängt mit dem verwendeten Mobilgerät und der Androidversion (11) zusammen. Die Entwicklungsabteilung arbeitet bereits daran und dies wird mit einem zukünfitigen Mimo-App update behoben.

Entschuldigen Sie bitte vielmals die Unanehmlichkeiten.
ein Veröffentlichungstermin für die App liegt mir leider nicht vor Die Entwicklungsabteilung weiß allerdings vom Problem hat alle benötigten Daten und wird sobald wie möglich ein Update erstellen. Sobald eine neue Version der App erscheint können Sie diese auf unserer Homepage:

https://www.dji.com/de/osmo-mobile-3/downloads

herunterladen.
2021-3-13
Use props
klaudden
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5131 ft
Romania

I have same exact issue. The file has 8000+ FPS and yet it is recorded like a normal clip. Can only play it back in the native gallery of DJI memo. No issue when recording 1080p in time-lapse. This is beyond annoying. Worked flawlessly in previous versions from October.  
2021-3-13
Use props
dennisveenhof
New

Netherlands

Same problem here, Tried with different supported devices (all android 11) and same problem. On Android 10 no problems. DJI please fix asap otherwise the product will go back to store.
2021-3-13
Use props
djiuser_xDL4S1OT4Svq
New

United Kingdom

Same issue here:
Samsung s20+
Android 11
2021-3-28
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

Any news on a fix?
2021-3-28
Use props
ZSuttonPhoto
New

United States

Also have an issue with this. It seems that DJI has no intention on fixing this error
2021-3-31
Use props
NizarAhnan
New

Indonesia

Looks like iam not the only one here..

samsung s20 ultra + om4

wasting time for 30minute waiting timelapse and file didnt save correctly..
this is the huge problem because its one of the best features on dji mimo
so when we can use this things correctly boys?
2021-4-1
Use props
djiuser_PNLBpfGL1WEh
New
Brazil

I have the same problem (estou com o mesmo problema - PT-BR)!

- DJI OM 4 + DJI MIMO v.1.5.4

- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE (8 GB RAM) + Android 11

I talked to DJI support (https://www.dji.com/support/product/om-4?site=brandsite&from=nav) and partially solved the problem. Now the Timelapse is ok, but when the option "path" (for motiolapse) is on, the video is not saving correctly.  
2021-4-8
Use props
Euwaldo
New
Brazil

Hi guys.

I'm having the same issue on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (Android 11), BUT I found an easy solution :

Hello!

I used your tip and it worked.

I now have an interim solution for the motionlapse while DJI fixes the problem.
2021-4-8
Use props
ImoDz_Storm
New
Flight distance : 2467 ft
France

Hello,
I have the same issue on a galaxy S20+
I tried the standard and follow timelapse with the points.
Every time it recorded, was showing the video as a timelapse in description but playing it as a standard 30 fps video
It should have been working on the video and shown the progess in a popup but it didn't

2021-4-14
Use props
Paul Dagan
New
United States

Same problem here. Pixel 3 running Android 11.  Glad I'm not alone, sad this was a key reason I bought the thing. C'mon DJI...
2021-4-15
Use props
fans39f80067
lvl.3

Australia

Come on DJI, this is well overdue for a fix.
If you don't fix it you might as well just remove the Mimo app if you don't want to support it.
2021-4-23
Use props
johnnyringo
lvl.1

United States

fans39f80067 Posted at 4-23 16:54
Come on DJI, this is well overdue for a fix.
If you don't fix it you might as well just remove the Mimo app if you don't want to support it.

Agreed, this needs a fix yesterday
2021-4-27
Use props
johnnyringo
lvl.1

United States

Hi guys.

I'm having the same issue on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (Android 11), BUT I found an easy solution :

Same phone, doesn't seem to work for me..
2021-4-27
Use props
fansb3f5455b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5131 ft
Romania

Hi guys.

This is a workaround and not a fix. I would expect DJI to come up with fix. I've seen this discussion on multiple threads and the DJI admins always point to the list of supported devices like it has nothing to do with the DJI Mimo app. Guess what, I,ve got an S10+ and it is on the list and I have the same exact issue. In other words, it does not matter what devices you have, if it's Android 11 timelapse is broken because the developers were not compentent enough to test an OS version released 6 months ago with beta releases as well. Curious if same issue comes with OM4. Either make a fix or make a refund.
2021-4-27
Use props
antoniopfl
New

Brazil

I have the same problem with a OM4 in a Galaxy S20
2021-5-4
Use props
fansc0747cc7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21447 ft
Greece

Same issue with OM4...s10+ android 11
2021-5-11
Use props
djiuser_hJ1PopeZGjQM
New

United Kingdom

andylatchet Posted at 2020-12-26 08:41
I checked the list of compatible devices, but I don't have any of the devices on the list.
And I know it was working fine on this device several months ago, but then it stopped working.

Yes I agree. Im using samsung s10 plus and before it worked seamlessly but now having issues. Ever since the last update ive had this problem. It take the timelapse but then on playback it just plays at normal speed. Highly disappointed as this has now ruined my shoot for the day!
2021-5-15
Use props
CrisCros
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135988 ft
Germany

Hi everyone,
I have the same issue with my Galaxy S10 on Android 11. Timelapse is working. But motionlapse videos are saved with framerates up to 9999.
May I should try to downgrade to Android 10. I think that is faster than to wait for the DJI fix.
2021-5-16
Use props
drakkai
New
Poland

Same here, Android 11, DJI Mimo v1.5.16 on Samsung A71 - worked well on previous OS version.
2021-5-16
Use props
Solveira
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1416224 ft
Portugal

Same problem, Note 20 ultra and OM4. Does the timelapse  works with note 9 for exemple?
2021-5-27
Use props
Vivek Bali
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42556 ft
India

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-24 20:59
Hello there andylatchet. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? Upon checking the said mobile device ( Google Pixel 3a ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Google Pixel 3a will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said gimbal and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Mobile 3. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Osmo_Mobile_3/Osmo_Mobile_3_Mobile_Phone_Compatibility_List_en_0526_1.pdf ). Thank you.

Sorry to say Stephen... but most of the Android device's were working correctly on all Mimo functions including timelapse creation, till you guys f*&@÷d it up with the last update. Just work harder to bring out a solution or simply roll back the update if your software geeks grey cells can't figure out a solution.
2021-6-14
Use props
djiuser_gbnWFjPUaFBj
New

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-12-24 20:59

Hey Guys, I got your gimbal Om4 and am regretting it. How the hell are you not supporting the latest fones. The latest fones have the best cameras and are a good companion for a gimbal.
What you are doing is a crime. I feel like returning the gimbal cause i cant record the most important video feature ...timelapses and motionlapses.

Google pixel 4xl
2021-6-16
Use props
djiuser_RTJQQsbOeom4
New

Canada

Same issue with Pixel 3a and OM4. Surprised how badly all Android users are left helpless by DJI in this case. I am hoping they release some fix before they launch OM5 ever else they'll definitely miss out on a huge chunk of prospective customers.
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_3HWCIHswIY1c
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just posted the following review on Google Play:

You'd think spending £130+ for a product the associated app would work with it? - it does not.
Using the Timelapse mode, the video plays back as a 'slow mo' video instead of Timelapse within Google photos. The video is also terribly encoded (very big pixels, low resolution).
Trying to edit the video within DJI MO app and saving again corrects the edit (it now plays as a Timelapse) but the quality is a lot worse - even bigger pixels obscuring the 1080p/4K detail.
Up your game for Android users!
2021-6-26
Use props
Rolant_espejo
New
Peru

hi, i have the same problem, i'm using a samsung s20, time lapse fine, but motionlapse saves at the same normal video speed, how to know what DJI thinks of this problem?
2021-6-26
Use props
LFTDV
lvl.1
United States

Adding my +1 here, I had made my own post about it and got the generic response of "check the compatible devices". I have tested on two separate compatible devices as well as others, it's not the device it's the OS, android is getting not support and it's so frustrating. Motionlapse was what drew me to this gimbal and I legitimately have not been able to use it once because I don't shoot live video so don't have much use for the other features.
2021-6-27
Use props
djiuser_4fhxdyeMnypE
New

United Kingdom

Kindly fix this problem in android 11 phones.
Same problem can't maximize the motion time lapse.
2021-7-11
Use props
ozzy7915
New
Flight distance : 19577 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue for me, Google Pixel 4 (5G). Timelapse videos can't be viewed in Google Photos and when trying to export them in any way through the app it either freezes or stops on 2%.
2021-7-13
Use props
juande
New

Spain

Hi guys.

Months and more months, and the problem is only not solved, but it gets worse.

I have a Samsung S10+ that is present in the compatibility list, but I have the same problem.

Your solution now doesn't work. When I try to open the video in the mimo editor it says it must convert the video first but it get frozen in 0% forever.
Why don't just process the video and delete the original file after recording it. I don't care to wait 2 or 3 minutes after 30 minutes recording, but I don't need a huge 2Gb file for a supposed 15 second video. A 2gb video that I can't watch or process, by the way.

I'm using the very last version of the app (1.5.18) with Android 11.
It's very dissapointing.
Edit. The trick works if recorded 720p, but 1080p and 4k freezes the app.

2021-7-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules