Winter front
852 4 2020-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

So I have a question for my fellow pilots I hope you can answer, been flying in rougher winds as of late and tonight I witnessed something new.

While hovering the drone could hold position, whenever any forward pitch was given the drone was being pushed backward by the wind. Is this simply the mini's threshold reached or was my drone performing oddly. I kept stopping to lower the altitude till I could make forward progress again, justt thought it was intresting that the drone could hold it's postion but when full stick forward in sport it was getting pushed back.

I wasn't sure if this is the upmost limits of the mini or if Litchi was performing funny.

2020-12-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's an interesting observation. Maybe it's because at full throttle, the extra tilt causes more wind resistance than the power can handle. Just a guess....again ;-)

That might answer why the RTH speed is limited.

2020-12-24
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

RTH was never used nor mentioned, was out flying around before a weather front moves in and it was gusting pretty bad. I was up higher then i should of been which was my first mistake for this weather but even when I got it down it was still struggling at times. I just find it odd that when I stopped/hovering i wasn't moving (maybe a little) but visually my position was frozen. It's only when I would try to push forward on the stick did the drone begin to slide back, the further I pushed the faster it went in reverse.

I really wish I was recording the flight, speed would go from 0 - 20 - 0 every few seconds trying to fight each gust. AirD Phantom for those who want data.
2020-12-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ABeardedItalian. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your DJI Mavic Mini flight experience with us. Just a reminder that the DJI Mavic Mini's maximum wind speed resistance is at 8 m/s ( Scale 4 ). Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-12-24
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

You said you had to lower it. Upper winds could be stronger.
2020-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules