Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi all,

by now I have multiple DJI devices and had to use four DJI apps for android (GO, GO4, FLY app and Mimo). I am not sure for the first GO app, but all the others have one common problem, that seems to only always be adressed in the respective forums for the specific app:
You can't choose where the app should save the files you download from the device.

The problems are always the same: you have a devide that can record 4K footage (be it a drone, a gimbal or what not) and can only download it to your phone's internal storage.

I find it very strange that DJI is so reluctant to solve this (for all their apps!). Basically in every user community (for my spark, my mavic mini, my osmo pocket, ...) people complain about this missing feature and DJI's answer is alsways We will check if this can be implemented. But this answer was already given for the GO4 app and the spark back in 2017. Please @dji can you at least give some general answer to us so that so many people don't have to ask this same question over and over again in multiple different forums?

Is this some kind of sales strategy? Is it really technical reasons, which I cannot imagine?

2020-12-25
Use props
Ammpexx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1879495 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Well I asked DJI support and the answer was astonishing. it simply stated that it (storing the data on the SD card) is not possible...
Well, yeah it's not possible! that is why I asked you why it is not possible and when it will be.

So I guess... maybe just don't download original files from the device to your phone? Who would want that anyway? With todays 9" phone screens with 4K displays thumbnails and screen recordings are absolutely satisfying to watch.
2021-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules