Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updates on the good and the bad.
1170 9 2020-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

[EDIT... no need to reply.  Purchased one, absolutely love it.  Yes... some minor annoyances updating firmware, but with patience and following the advice of online Chat... all is well]

As I consider purchasing one:

There's lots of comment on the problems / hassles that flyers have had trying to add their MA2's to a new Smart Controller.  
I  get all that ( watching lots of videos on the best processes ).  
But  now that you've made it that far, how is it working?  Any issues?  How  is the screen in direct sunlight?  Is the battery drain (with the  additional screen draw) significantly different that the projected run  time.   
Another example, there were a number of posts on the problems with the Fly App where the relative location of the drone to the pilot is not working.  (ie, display of the drone shows its' behind or beside pilot when actually right in front.)  Has that been corrected or has there been a work around?

2020-12-25
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

There still is an issue with the Controller’s orientation to the drone but it seems to be far less of an issue with the update of DJI Fly app that added the radar.  The new visual orientation make the issue not irrelevant but workable without any effort.  
2020-12-25
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-25 18:37
There still is an issue with the Controller’s orientation to the drone but it seems to be far less of an issue with the update of DJI Fly app that added the radar.  The new visual orientation make the issue not irrelevant but workable without any effort.

Does that mean the 1.2.2 Fly version is working on the SC?
2020-12-26
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-25 18:37

Ah... thanks.  It would appear, then, that some of the speculations about the source of the problem had to do with the App, or at least how the App interacted with the Firmware update.

I was recently viewing a few evaluation videos where the pilot was using the standard MA2 controller (not Smart) and the same "behind me" issue was being displayed.
2020-12-26
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

JohnDG Posted at 12-26 03:33
Does that mean the 1.2.2 Fly version is working on the SC?

No it is still using 1.1.6 which is really is unfortunate for a high end controller like this. DJI needs to offer more support for this device and make the Mini 2 usable on the SC.
2020-12-26
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just downloaded the apk file for the fly app 1.2.2 and already tested it on the smart controller. I have not have any problems at all with it. And there is a new icon on the map to use the the orientation where you drone is and the homepoint which seems ok not like on the go fly app
2020-12-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

Not to my knowledge.  DJI usually rolls out a firmware update for the Smart Controller with a new version of the DJI Fly app.  

You can not just download the DJI Fly from the Android store as it is compiled for 64 bit and the DJI Smart Controllers uses 32 bit architecture.  DJI needs to compile the DJI Fly app for 32 bit to work on the Smart Controller.  

I am sure there are some work arounds.
2020-12-26
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-26 17:35
Not to my knowledge.  DJI usually rolls out a firmware update for the Smart Controller with a new version of the DJI Fly app.  

You can not just download the DJI Fly from the Android store as it is compiled for 64 bit and the DJI Smart Controllers uses 32 bit architecture.  DJI needs to compile the DJI Fly app for 32 bit to work on the Smart Controller.  

It seems like Ting-ting has already i stalled it on the SC and has it working with a MA2.
I got the feeling the one issued on the DJI site contains 64 and 32 bit code. The APK is usually much bigger than those on the google app store.

I installed it on my SC and can run it. But I don't have a MA2. However, the SC firmware does not allow to connect the Mini2 yet.
2020-12-26
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
United States

ting-ting Posted at 12-26 08:59
I just downloaded the apk file for the fly app 1.2.2 and already tested it on the smart controller. I have not have any problems at all with it. And there is a new icon on the map to use the the orientation where you drone is and the homepoint which seems ok not like on the go fly app

It is good that DJI has posted an updated version of the DJI Fly app on the DJI Downloads.  Thanks for the information.
2020-12-27
Use props
ting-ting
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-27 15:31
It is good that DJI has posted an updated version of the DJI Fly app on the DJI Downloads.  Thanks for the information.

My pleasure glad to help
2020-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules