Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to stop phone charging
4539 5 2020-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spawacz_rider
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670594 ft
United Kingdom

Same as on title.
Do  any one know how to  stop Pocket 2 charging my Android (Samsung Galaxy S10)?
The battery is draining quickly on my Pocket, everytime I plug my phone to it.

Thanks

2020-12-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, spawacz_rider. Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Due to the Android Open Accessory (AOA) protocol (the communication protocol of the smartphone adapter), when you use the smartphone adapter to connect to an Android phone, the DJI Pocket 2 will charge the Android phone at 5V and 500mA, and the battery life of the DJI Pocket 2 will also be shortened.
If you have purchased the Creator Combo or the Do-It-All Handle, we recommend that you use the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle to connect to your phone when using the Pocket 2. This will prevent reverse charging when connected to an Android.
device.
2020-12-25
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-25 23:27
Hi, spawacz_rider. Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Due to the Android Open Accessory (AOA) protocol (the communication protocol of the smartphone adapter), when you use the smartphone adapter to connect to an Android phone, the DJI Pocket 2 will charge the Android phone at 5V and 500mA, and the battery life of the DJI Pocket 2 will also be shortened.
If you have purchased the Creator Combo or the Do-It-All Handle, we recommend that you use the DJI Pocket 2 Do-It-All Handle to connect to your phone when using the Pocket 2. This will prevent reverse charging when connected to an Android.
device.

You also answered the same thing about DJI Fly, and then in the app you made a slider to disable charging!

What is the problem to do in DJI Mimo?
2020-12-26
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

You cannot, unless you get the Do-It-All Handle (P2). Most Android users attach a battery pack for long exposure projects and use wireless to control to the pocket via Mimo while shooting.
2020-12-27
Use props
Ranjan
lvl.4
India

Gulfstream Posted at 2020-12-27 12:24
You cannot, unless you get the Do-It-All Handle (P2). Most Android users attach a battery pack for long exposure projects and use wireless to control to the pocket via Mimo while shooting.

I am in 2 minds to get either of the two.

Get usb C-type charging cable plugged into powerbank & use Do it all handle for wifi connection
or
Get a Usb C-type extension cable female to male & connect the phone via cable.

Reading this post I get to know that phone will still be consuming battery from pocket 2 so do you think option 1 (continuous power supply via power bank) is better option for longer duration time/motion lapse?
2021-3-7
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

The continuous power supply is absolutely the best option. The Ulanzi BG-2 will last about 6hrs depending on temperature it's operating in.
2021-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules