Should DJI offer a rollback to 1.1.8 instead of 1.1.9?
3877 18 2015-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TonyMF
lvl.2

Canada

Hey guys, if DJI is indeed bringing out a rollback firmware to help us with issues on 1.2.6/1.2.7/1.2.8, I'd personally like to see the rollback go to 1.1.8 NOT 1.1.9.

All my problems started after 1.1.9 so I really wish that I could go back to the most stable firmware I've used so far.

Can we get a show of hands on who thinks the right firmware rollback is for our P3's and somehow hope that DJI support can see this thread?

Please everyone take a second to vote!!!
Single SelectVote, Total 115 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2015-7-1
Use props
TonyMF
lvl.2

Canada

Just FYI, posting on these forums does make a difference! Please vote, comment, etc. I know we all just want a stable system so let's make sure they hear us!!

Capture2.JPG
2015-7-1
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.3

United States

I agree 1.1.9 was stable but 1.1.8 was practically flawless at least in my application (P3P, iPhone 6)
2015-7-1
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

1.1.8 was wonderful...I wish I could click my heals together and repeat, "There's no place like home...there's no place like home...there's no place like home..."

Any projected release date? Because I'm grounded until then.
2015-7-1
Use props
Inspector_Tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35899 ft
United States

duke@thetrustas Posted at 2015-7-2 07:43
1.1.8 was wonderful...I wish I could click my heals together and repeat, "There's no place like home ...

seems like wherever you look, this fw is an issue.. Would seem that a fix is due, maybe overdue
2015-7-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Some of us are more fortunate than many others here.
As the updates have only improved my Phantom flying, not reduced its usefulness.

There will never be a Firmware rollback. That would be like DJI admitting to a mistake. That will never happen.
Perhaps another update is in the making, but we will never go backwards only forward... You should already know this by now.

Never look back...

RedHotPoker
2015-7-1
Use props
Abu-Layan
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

It's better to rollback firmware to 1.1.8. Give yourself option to upgrade to 1.1.9 if needed.
2015-7-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you know how, go ahead roll it back, no problem.

For me it's not a viable option. And what for, when everything is running smooth, don't mess with it.

I may be lucky, or I may be in for future troubles, but as of right now, all is sound. No problemo.

RedHotPoker

2015-7-1
Use props
Parker08
lvl.2

United States

I have 1.1.9 installed, I'd much rather have 1.1.8. The lag with the FPV is so horrible when I upgraded to 1.1.9 that I don't have much confidence in flying to get video's and pictures.... You know.. the whole point of the aircraft. I've been waiting and waiting for a fix that doesn't include stripping everything off my phone to get it to "kind of" work.
2015-7-2
Use props
flyingviking
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151693 ft
Canada

I have no issues whatsoever with the new firmware. All functions work perfeclty fine. Flying with P3Pro, Samsung tab A 8".
2015-7-2
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-7-2 10:37
As the updates have only improved my Phantom fl ...

Well, ....... never happened today.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6orderby%3Dlastpost

Hopefully this will work out the kinks suffered by the P3 in the 2 months it's been in the hands of the flying public.
2015-7-2
Use props
TonyMF
lvl.2

Canada

lol. Glad to see it never did happen today.

Good to see that DJI is listening.

2015-7-2
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

And what IF video lag is caused by Google Play Services upgrade, not firmware upgrade, and 1.1.9 release was coincidence with lagged version of Google Play Services ?
2015-7-3
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

There actually was a firmware rollback p2
2015-7-3
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Dji has admitted mistakes and encouraged firmware roll backs in the past. Firmware 3.10 on the p2v+ was a disaster and dji officially announced eveyone should roll back to 3.08.
2015-7-8
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Yea I agree gives us the option to go back to 1.1.8!! I had the no signal black video screen occur while flying with the latest firmware.  
2015-7-8
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

I read somewhere in a thread, perhaps here in this forum that DJI will be doing a rollback and it will be called something like 3.1.0 (for programming reasons)
I cold be wrong…..anyone??
2015-7-10
Use props
troy.ftaerialse
lvl.1

United States

1.1.8 was by far the most stable & reliable.  For me, 1.1.9 brought on the overheating issues and FPV lag/blackouts. 1.2.6 has been a disaster.  Sudden altitude changes, sudden movements, completely unstable. even AFTER cold IMU calibrations.
2015-7-27
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apple has always been a good one for this type of thing, they finally get a perfect ios then update it a phuc everything up.
2016-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules