New mini 2 only turns on when plugged in
3407 24 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

New owner and struggling to figure out turning on the drone when it isn’t connected to power. If I have it plugged in with the battery I can wake it up to then unplug it and turn it on with the ‘tap, release, hold’ with the power button. Following the same steps without it plugged in and it doesn’t turn on, no lights, nothing. This is making me worried about taking it out without waking it up at home first and also if I need to switch batteries outside (I just ordered 2 more).

Other than that it flies well from my tests and everything else works. One note, when I first turned it on I updated everything to the latest version.

Thanks for your help, Dave
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_267jcyL97zif
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15738737 ft
Bulgaria

Do you see any indication when you try to turn it on?
Did you tried to remove and insert the battery?
Is the battery fully charged?
2020-12-26
Use props
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_267jcyL97zif Posted at 12-26 10:31
Do you see any indication when you try to turn it on?
Did you tried to remove and insert the battery?
Is the battery fully charged?

No lights or anything when turning it on when unplugged. Battery shows 100% in the app and I charged it overnight the first day I had it. It's now on charge again even though it shows complete as the lights are all lit. Plan is to leave it again plugged in overnight and see what happens. I've also tried pulling the battery out and putting it back in until it clicks but it does the same. Seems like a dodgy battery to me.
2020-12-26
Use props
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

Tried today to reset from the Assistant software. It detects the device but only offers me the option to export data.
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

The assistent has only one option for the MM2, the export data.

When you tap the power button on the bottom, do one or more leds light up?  If not, you have no power. It could be the battery or the drone. Maybe you can check it with a new battery.
2020-12-27
Use props
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

No lights unless plugged in. Once there are lights I can start it up and fly. App shows the battery as full and going down when in use plus 1 charge.
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is very strange. It sounds like there is a problem with the firmware in the Drone or Battery. Can you get it all powered up somehow and do a firmware update on the battery and drone
2020-12-27
Use props
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

I can get it completely up and running but I’ve already done the firmware update when I first activated it. Can I force a reinstall or reset via the iOS app?
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davebryce90 Posted at 12-27 04:02
I can get it completely up and running but I’ve already done the firmware update when I first activated it. Can I force a reinstall or reset via the iOS app?

Have you got the flymore combo or just the Drone because if it is the flymore combo you will need to do a firmware update on all the batteries.
I am not sure how to do a refresh but others on here might be able to help. It sounds to me like the drone is not receiving the first button push signal when you switch it on but whe you have it plugged in this is somehow giving the drone this
2020-12-27
Use props
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

Just the drone, would be good to try a factory reset and start again but no idea how.
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

davebryce90 Posted at 12-27 04:08
Just the drone, would be good to try a factory reset and start again but no idea how.

Yes I agree with you. Others might know how to do that but I dont sorry. I assume you have looked at all the connections and made sure nothing is in the slots like some fluff etc.

Have you got the Mini 1 as you could try those batteries. If not anyone you know got one
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What Phone are you using. Because I just read a post where a guy had a firmware update issue with a very new Iphone
2020-12-27
Use props
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-27 04:14
What Phone are you using. Because I just read a post where a guy had a firmware update issue with a very new Iphone

iPhone 11 with the latest ios. So not super new.
2020-12-27
Use props
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-27 04:10
Yes I agree with you. Others might know how to do that but I dont sorry. I assume you have looked at all the connections and made sure nothing is in the slots like some fluff etc.

Have you got the Mini 1 as you could try those batteries. If not anyone you know got one
First and only drone is this one and I don’t know anyone else with a drone. Hopefully someone knows how to reset.

Edit: I have also checked the connections for dust or fluff etc. All seems fine.
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

I would have suggested thru the Assistent, but the only option you got on the assistent is export the logs.

You better contact DJI support about this or try to get a replacement in the shop where you bought it. This could be a DOA.
2020-12-27
Use props
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

JohnDG Posted at 12-27 05:56
I would have suggested thru the Assistent, but the only option you got on the assistent is export the logs.

You better contact DJI support about this or try to get a replacement in the shop where you bought it. This could be a DOA.

Seems like my only options now. I’ve already opened a support ticket. Thanks
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you able to upload a Video of your switch on Process. Perhaps film on a Phone and upload to You tube. I am just thinking that as a new Pilot you might be making a fundamental mistake. You are probably not but it is worth checking
2020-12-27
Use props
davebryce90
lvl.1
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-27 07:18
Are you able to upload a Video of your switch on Process. Perhaps film on a Phone and upload to You tube. I am just thinking that as a new Pilot you might be making a fundamental mistake. You are probably not but it is worth checking

Will make a video when I have a chance. But isn’t it as simple as put the battery in until it clicks then one press is expected to show the charge and push/release/hold turns it on?
2020-12-27
Use props
DangerousDave
lvl.1
Germany

I spoke to Support, they also seem convinced there is a problem just not sure if it’s the battery or the drone. They said they’d show the video internally and get back to me. I ordered 2 more batteries so we’ll see if they ask for it to be sent back before I can test the new ones in it.
2020-12-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes switch on is short Press release then longish press
2020-12-28
Use props
DangerousDave
lvl.1
Germany

Bigplumbs Posted at 12-28 05:28
Yes switch on is short Press release then longish press

Exactly what I’m doing and I’m sure support would have spotted me doing something wrong.
2020-12-28
Use props
DangerousDave
lvl.1
Germany

Received my new batteries today and the first one I’ve charged worked as expected which makes me believe it is an issue with the original battery. Will test with the second and reconfirm. Might be related to the differing Production dates as the ‘broken’ one has a Sept build date whereas the working one has a Nov build date. Earlier build date products generally suffer from more teething problems.
2020-12-29
Use props
djiuser_YV0DNpRzEy0g
lvl.1

Paraguay

I have the same exact problema. So you resolved it buying new batteries and the problem was solved ?
Thankx
2-10 18:19
Use props
DangerousDave
lvl.1
Mauritius

djiuser_YV0DNpRzEy0g Posted at 2-10 18:19
I have the same exact problema. So you resolved it buying new batteries and the problem was solved ?
Thankx

Yeah the battery was a dud causing the drone to not turn on. New batteries resolved it.
2-10 19:08
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_YV0DNpRzEy0g Posted at 2-10 18:19
Thankx

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. May I confirm if you have a spare battery to test and isolate the problem? It's recommended that you provide a short video showing the problem for further checking. You may upload the video via Google Drive or Dropbox then provide the link here. I hope to hear from you soon.
2-12 02:57
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules