1320 4 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Haven't seen this covered anywhere (yet).

With an Android operating system, the ability to add apps, with -assuming- files that you might want to keep, is there a need and a way to back up the Smart Controller?

2020-12-26
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Assuming the files important to you are photos or video connect the USB cable to your computer. When I connect to my PC a screen popup appears with choices. Select USB for file transfer not charging. If there is no popup, pull down from top of SC screen to change USB setting. You will be able to use file manager to back up files.
2020-12-27
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

A backup would need to be done for each smart controller firmware update.  If the firmware is not consistent with the back it could have catastrophic consequence in flight.  
2020-12-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 12-27 15:54
A backup would need to be done for each smart controller firmware update.  If the firmware is not consistent with the back it could have catastrophic consequence in flight.

Yes... that would be the plan... weekly backups (when in use) and backups before and after App or Firmware upgrades; just like on my desktop computer.
2020-12-28
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your reply and thoughts.  
My plan would be weekly backups (when in use) and backups before and after App or Firmware upgrades; just like on my desktop computer.  Not just file backups.  Those would be easily done to microSD cards.  I want to back up the whole "device" similar to what I do with phones pads etc.  

But because I have no other android or non-iOS/MacOS devices, I'm looking for a solution offered withing the DJI environment.
2020-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules