Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arachnida
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180013 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi,
I have a brand new OM4 but noticed that the camera is not level when taking panorama shots. It is however perfectly level in photo or movie mode, but when I switch to pano it tilts clockwise for a few degrees. Of course I calibarted the gimbal but that didn't solve the issue.
Anyone having the same problem or a solution?
Ivo
2020-12-26
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Here is a video of what I mean:
2020-12-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, arachnida. Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Does this only apply when the Pano is set to CloneMe? Please let us know also both the version of your DJI Mimo and your DJI OM4 firmware version.
2020-12-27
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Hi Gamora,

Iphone 12 pro with iOS 14.3, Mimo 1.5.8 and OM4 FW 01.00.07.20, happens only in all pano modes. Pano does work and stitch, but picture is tilted.
2020-12-27
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

I can get it right using the horizontal offset adjustment, but then when I change from portrait to landscape or vice versa it is back off.
2020-12-27
Use props
GeorgOctane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 285807 ft
  • >>>
Austria

You are not alone Arachnida, mine does exactly the same...
IPhone 12 Pro Max
OM4 FW V01.00.07.20
Mimo 1.5.8
2020-12-28
Use props
fansce1abaa5
lvl.1

Japan

I noticed when trying to use clone me pano function that if the camera is placed on the ground and I use the control to tilt up and frame the shot, once I hit the shutter it resets the framing resulting in the image being framed too low.

I hope a firmware update will fix this.  I would be better if I could lock the tilt up or down before taking the pano.
2020-12-28
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

GeorgOctane Posted at 12-28 03:15
You are not alone Arachnida, mine does exactly the same...
IPhone 12 Pro Max
OM4 FW V01.00.07.20

Thanks for letting me know so I don’t have to go back to the shop. It’s probably something they can solve in a future FW update.
2020-12-28
Use props
GeorgOctane
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

arachnida Posted at 12-28 04:32
Thanks for letting me know so I don’t have to go back to the shop. It’s probably something they can solve in a future FW update.

To add a little more information:

I also tried with the following phones:

iPhone X (without any case)
iPhone SE 2 (with case)

...both have the same behavior...

@DJI: Any news on this? Could you reproduce the problem?
2020-12-30
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

GeorgOctane Posted at 12-30 11:32
To add a little more information:

I also tried with the following phones:

Correct, I also tried with an iPhone X and had the same behaviour. The difference is sometimes more than 3°.
2020-12-30
Use props
Sir Oliver
lvl.1
Slovenia

Hi,
I can also confirm this behavior (iphones 8 and 12 PM) and probably many others,  as this issue has been reported many times in this forum. And there is also identical issue with some other video modes, like FPV. So when you switch from  some other  video mode (TiltLocked, Follow...) to FPV,  horizontal level of the phone gets altered (disbalanced), usually in direction right-down (about 2-3°, as you have noticed). If you go back, gimbal goes to balanced position. If you try this few times, notification pops up that phone is not balanced any more and that (re)calibration is needed (or something like that).

DJI Support (not sure anymore,  if it really exists for this product), mostly ignores this and many other questions related to found issues or provides some patented responds that really do not help.

2020-12-31
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Thanks for your comment, but that’s bad news regarding support from DJI. I’m already having a discussion with GoPro about sound problems with their latest camera, the GP9. Also script readers and talking FAQ as support, copy paste answers are the best you can get from them. And Insta360 isn’t any better. What is wrong with all these companies?
2020-12-31
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

The new Mimo update 1.5.10 did not solve this issue, wake up DJI!
2021-1-9
Use props
JLG in NZ
New

New Zealand

Same problem for me with an iPhone 12 Pro on a brand-new, less than one-week old OM4 and the latest version of the app.
2021-1-26
Use props
djiuser_q2BayGx9IqsD
New

Mexico

Exactly the same issue with an iPhone 11 pro max …
2021-5-14
Use props
djiuser_q2BayGx9IqsD
New

Mexico

DJI Gamora Posted at 2020-12-27 04:18
Hi, arachnida. Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to read about the difficulties you're encountering. Does this only apply when the Pano is set to CloneMe? Please let us know also both the version of your DJI Mimo and your DJI OM4 firmware version.

Please answer and fix DJI
2021-5-14
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Come on DJI, prove you have a better service than GoPro and my next action cam will be a DJI Osmo! But all these fancy products are worthless without good support!
2021-5-15
Use props
kbbqiu
New
United States

I have this issue as well! Just received my OM4 today and would really appreciate a fix!
2021-5-28
Use props
josephrego
New
Flight distance : 722 ft
United States

I just got the OM4 and had the same issue with the tilt changing for PANO and STORY modes.
The menu has an option for "Horizontal Gimbal Adjustment."
While on PANO, I changed it from 1.5 to 0.5 and it leveled out perfectly.
The setting did not change for the other modes and they stayed level also.
Hope that helps.

Bessy Dressy
2021-6-15
Use props
Kentucky_Ranger
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25617 ft
United States

You're not alone, it's doing the same with me.I was using an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and am now using an iPhone Pro Max with the same results.

2021-6-16
Use props
djiuser_iZunMfL33XfS
New

United States

Purchased new DJI OM 4 yesterday and have the same issue. It doesn't matter how many times I manually calibrate it, it is only temporarily. PANO and STORY are both unlevel. Curious if anyone has figured this out yet.
2021-6-17
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

I’m worried that DJI is going the same way as GoPro, sell items but reducing after sales support to level zero. This seems like an issue that can be fixed quite easily in firmware, but they just don’t care. So my next camera won’t be GoPro after all the problems I’ve had with the GoPop 9, but it won’t be DJI either. Maybe I’ll have a look at Insta360?
2021-6-17
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

arachnida Posted at 6-17 22:15
I’m worried that DJI is going the same way as GoPro, sell items but reducing after sales support to level zero. This seems like an issue that can be fixed quite easily in firmware, but they just don’t care. So my next camera won’t be GoPro after all the problems I’ve had with the GoPop 9, but it won’t be DJI either. Maybe I’ll have a look at Insta360?

I think you have hit the nail on the head, so many issues across so many products just left with no resolution when they could be fixed with a simple firmware update. I’ve said this from the beginning it seams like DJI only has one team of software developers and as soon as they release a new product older products get ditched.
2021-6-17
Use props
djiuser_UlfFqlyWgBwb
New

United States

I have the same problem. Just got my OM4 today
2021-7-22
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Looks like DJI doesn’t want to solve this issue.
2021-7-22
Use props
AntonioTheGreat
lvl.1
Germany

I have the same issue with my DJI Pocket 2. All my panos are tilted to one side by a couple of degrees. Definitely noticeable.
2021-8-2
Use props
fansb20afb6c
New
Slovenia

I have the same issue on an iPhone 12 mini. Bought the OM4 last week just before the start of our three week vacation, and now it’s completely unusable. Not only is the phone constantly not levelled in Pano mode (even after doing the manual horizontal balancing, taking the phone off the gimbal and reattaching makes the gimbal put it again off level), even in photo and video mode after a lot of auto calibration and finally having it level, after a few minutes of shooting the phone will “drift” and be off level again. This is so frustrating that I’ve decided to return the device when I’m back from vacation. Last time I bought a DJI product…
2021-8-10
Use props
djiuser_wbW5uI9N2P0m
New

Ukraine

Same problem.
Lg v50s
Latest dji mimo and firmware so far.
Android 11

In panorama mode horizontal calibration switches to some random level
2021-8-22
Use props
SRobiZ
New
Hungary

Hi. As I see the problem still not solved. Why DJI doesn't answer to this problem?
2021-10-11
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Probably because not enough customers are complaining about this problem and they released a newer model.
2021-10-11
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

arachnida Posted at 10-11 03:03
Probably because not enough customers are complaining about this problem and they released a newer model.

Because DJI doesn’t care!

Also, I have the exact same issue latest software, firmware and iPhone 12 Pro Max
2021-10-11
Use props
GeorgOctane
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

arachnida Posted at 10-11 03:03

BTW: the latest model has the exact same behaviour (I have both the OM4 and OM5)...
2021-11-2
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

GeorgOctane Posted at 11-2 05:03
BTW: the latest model has the exact same behaviour (I have both the OM4 and OM5)...

No, you must be kidding! I don’t get this, doesn’t look rocket science to me to fix this bug. Probably the programmer was lazy and did some copy paste when writing the FW for the OM5!
2021-11-2
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

Same problem here with iPhone 12 Pro Max and OM4.
2021-11-4
Use props
Klaas_BE
lvl.1

Belgium

Same exact problem with brand new OM5 and iPhone 11. Get your **** together DJI.
2021-12-9
Use props
fans59877e77
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101532 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same problem. Thinking about returning mine (brand new) and buying another OM 5. Is it a hardware or software issue?
2022-2-2
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

fans59877e77 Posted at 2-2 16:39
Same problem. Thinking about returning mine (brand new) and buying another OM 5. Is it a hardware or software issue?

To me this looks like a software / firmware issue.
2022-2-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

arachnida Posted at 2-3 01:13
To me this looks like a software / firmware issue.

Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. May we know whether your issue has been solved or not? If not, would you please try to update to the latest version of the APP and firmware to see if it works?
2022-5-3
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

No, it looks even worse. I didn’t find any updates for firmware, only app update. Problem still persists in Pano but also in Story mode.
(And late is an understatement after almost 2 years, don’t you think so?)
2022-5-4
Use props
arachnida
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 5-3 23:05
Hi, there. Sorry for the late reply. May we know whether your issue has been solved or not? If not, would you please try to update to the latest version of the APP and firmware to see if it works?

I have a feeling it behaves different now, but still no good.
2022-5-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules