Controller not charging iPhone--operator error??
6207 14 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JB Mini 2 SoCal
New

United States

Newbie question:
I thought the remote controller was supposed to charge the iPhone battery while the connector is plugged in. I get about 3-5 seconds of charge and then it stops. I start my sessions with a near-full charge on the phone but never at 100%.

Thoughts?

2020-12-26
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Nope, the controller does not charge iPhones. You'll see lots of complaints from Android users whose phones are charged by the controller who wish it were not so because it prematurely drains the controller.
2020-12-26
Use props
DukeofDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12885007 ft
United Kingdom

Ex Machina Posted at 12-26 10:15
Nope, the controller does not charge iPhones. You'll see lots of complaints from Android users whose phones are charged by the controller who wish it were not so because it prematurely drains the controller.

There is option in settings to disable it. (for android users)
2020-12-26
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 92126 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will change iphone and andriod, you have to Enable it!
2020-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, JB Mini 2 SoCal. Thanks for reaching out! Please check the Control Settings if Phone Charging is disabled. Kindly note that this option is currently available only to iOS Devices.
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It charges my Iphone fine. Once it is turned on in settings.
Try starting a mission with the phone at a lower start charge. The controller might be sensing your phone is up to charge
2020-12-27
Use props
yogi053
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7956778 ft
United Kingdom

DukeofDrones Posted at 12-26 11:13
There is option in settings to disable it. (for android users)

Is this correct?
I thought the option to disable charging was for ios users only!
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also check that you have not got fluff inside the port of your Iphone that is a very common Problem. Is it a lightning connector of USB C on you Iphone
2020-12-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

yogi053 Posted at 12-27 04:46
Is this correct?
I thought the option to disable charging was for ios users only!

Looks like this is a new feature in DJI Fly and the Mini controller, in Go 4 only certain Android models can prevent charging from the controller and iPhones don't charge at all. I need to quit weighing in on Fly app stuff.
2020-12-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is a facility that was designed in the New Controller has a very big battery and was designed to in effect be a power bank for your phone
2020-12-27
Use props
djiuser_a1KFI4afGX4T
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46001 ft
Cyprus

I can’t see the option to enable phone charging on my controller.
It used to be there now it’s not. I suspect after controller firmware update they took it of? Or it’s a bug. I use iPhone 12 Pro Max.
This has to be fixed soon.
2021-5-21
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

djiuser_a1KFI4afGX4T Posted at 5-21 07:52
I can’t see the option to enable phone charging on my controller.
It used to be there now it’s not. I suspect after controller firmware update they took it of? Or it’s a bug. I use iPhone 12 Pro Max.
This has to be fixed soon.

Charge option is removed in 1.4.2 fly app and remote by default charges iPhone now. No way to turn it off.
2021-12-5
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all could I plug in power pack to mini2 controller to top up controller charge whilst flying
2022-4-19
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Problem solved, even though android charges always, iphone requires controller settings to switch phone charging on. Happy days! Now I can use the maven app. Giving mini2 mavic platinum pro features. Final icing on cake, I've tried it - And yes you can charge controller from power bank if you are worried about controller battery drain when charging phones.
2022-4-19
Use props
TgTV
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Problem solved, even though android charges always, iphone requires controller settings to switch phone charging on. Happy days! Now I can use the maven app. Giving mini2 mavic platinum pro features. Final icing on cake, I've tried it - And yes you can charge controller from power bank if you are worried about controller battery drain when charging phones.
2022-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules