1442 9 2020-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oeUMPV1F7PBW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 178448 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,
Just took my first video with the Mini 2 to test quality. Upon playback in Fly and Viva and Huawei video I have noticed a distinct pulsing of the video every second or two. The video was shot in 4k 30fps.
Ive only had the drone 2 weeks and haven't been able to fly it until now due to weather but was disappointed to see this pulsing which is very distracting.

2020-12-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Was this footage taken from the SD card?
2020-12-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

You should evaluate the video as it comes off the SD card in the aircraft. That clip looks like it has been edited, in which case the editing process more than likely is causing the pulsating effect.
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_oeUMPV1F7PBW
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yes. But it also did it on the cached low res version on my phone. I downloaded the original to see if it did the same and it does.
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_oeUMPV1F7PBW
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Actually I've just watched it back again with the original and the pulsing is barely visible, so the editing has exaggerated it by quite some margin.
I'm inclined to think that if I was use another editor it wouldn't be so bad
2020-12-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

djiuser_oeUMPV1F7PBW Posted at 12-26 13:09
Actually I've just watched it back again with the original and the pulsing is barely visible, so the editing has exaggerated it by quite some margin.
I'm inclined to think that if I was use another editor it wouldn't be so bad

Check that you do not have the white balance in the aircraft set to 'Auto', that can also cause the effect. Set it manually to a daylight setting.
2020-12-26
Use props
Martyzion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1976608 ft
United States

Also switching your video record setting from auto exposure to manual will cut down on natural light pulsing, especially if the image is backlit.
2020-12-26
Use props
MavicMats
lvl.4

Sweden

When I see the video and listen to the music, I think every time the drum's is heard, the video is pulsing a little.
Only me to see/hear that ?
2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_FkIkq05XVZ8I
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3013307 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

I have the same issue, mini 1 had the same problem https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=&page=2
Dji knows this happens but still no solution...
2021-4-22
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Pulsing video playback on both MM1 and DM2 are due to video encoder. I have both models and I can confirm that on MM1 it is much more noticable. There are two types of frames in the video these drones produce: I frames and P frames. Let's say that I frame stores complete image, like a photo. P frames store just the difference from the previous I frame. With these drones P frame quality deteriorates too quickly. I still hope that we will get H265 encoding option someday that would help with this issue.
2021-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules