Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 Crash Error
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakeemon
lvl.1

New Zealand

Hi Guys,

Crashed my new P3 pro in to trees. Now all it does is a constant beeping every 1 sec. What is this telling me? It powers up but doesn't even do the wee musical chime, just goes straight in to beeping. I can still connect to it via the controller but aircraft won't respond to anything.

Cheers

2015-7-1
Use props
SULTAN This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-7-1
Use props
jakeemon
lvl.1

New Zealand

Had obviously prop damage, no housing damage aside from a few scrapes but gimbal was completly broken away from camera. Tried powering up with gimbal unplugged and got the beeping. Have sent it to repair agent and they have tried fitting a new gimbal and camera but aircraft still won't stop beeping and doesn't go through the startup sequence.

Have been told it most probably isn't worth repairing as the main control board is probably shot, add this to new camera price and we are almost at replacement value for whole machine. I'm thinking tho that without obvious circuit board damage maybe it is detecting a broken wire, bad solder joint or even motor damage.

If someone can tell me what the beeping signifys then maybe just a replacement motor could get me flying again!!

Thanks
2015-7-1
Use props
jakeemon
lvl.1

New Zealand

I plan on disassembling it fully and look over board for cracks or dry joints. Also unplugging and reseating ribbon cables may be enough. Surely with the one piece mainboard these things MUST be fairly durable!!
2015-7-1
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

jakeemon@hotmai Posted at 2015-7-2 06:24
I plan on disassembling it fully and look over board for cracks or dry joints. Also unplugging and r ...

Surely you jest. Anything can and will go wrong after a crash. If the gimbal was torn away, the small cables attached to the main board could also be damaged.
No attempt at wizzing on anyone's parade, but unless the fall onto feather pillows, the Phantom is most likely not repairable.

How good are you at overseeing micro surface mount electronics?

Pull your log file and see if it was you or the quad that caused the problem. After that contact DJI and send them the file to look at. Worse case, they'll give you 30% off a new one.
2015-7-1
Use props
jakeemon
lvl.1

New Zealand

It was me, flying too low using course lock. Can't see trees coming sideways, when aiming camera in other direction.
2015-7-1
Use props
jakeemon
lvl.1

New Zealand

so nobody else has had this error?
2015-7-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

No crashes here yet. But sorry to read of your dismay.

I can only say, I hope that when you get your new Phantom, that you will fly with more care and attention.

Best wishes and only good luck in the Phantom future. ;-)

Hope your answer is a simple fix, as a replacement, even at 30% off is still a huge loss.

Be well.

RedHotPoker
2015-7-1
Use props
jakeemon
lvl.1

New Zealand

Got new phantom and also picked up the dead one. Opened up the dead one and HELLO, problem is staring me in the face!! There is a small square board smack bang in the centre of the mainboard, holds the gyro. She is snapped off!! Will post a photo soon.
2015-7-1
Use props
jakeemon
lvl.1

New Zealand

2015-7-2
Use props
jakeemon
lvl.1

New Zealand

2015-7-2
Use props
richarde1605
New

Australia

I have a similar problem jakeemon, the gyro box has sunk and become unsoldered. This will take a steady hand to try and re position and resolder, then will it work??? I'll let you know how it goes......
2015-7-28
Use props
walid666
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

richarde1605 Posted at 2015-7-29 05:27
I have a similar problem jakeemon, the gyro box has sunk and become unsoldered. This will take a ste ...

any updates?
2015-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules